The change in her

Her tears

 

She hailed a cab and went home, her thoughts was still occupied by her once best friend, the guy she’s in love with. She walks to their pavement hearing faint laughs coming from the house. She opened the door only to see her friends, they were the kids she helped studied and now they are making their older sister proud by graduating this year in high school, they were at her house hoping she would spare them some time to catch up with things.

 “Oh… there is my daughter, Dara” Mrs. Park exclaimed with a giddy expression on her face. Her heart cringed as soon as she heard the words that came out from her mother’s mouth. She frowned then shook her head, anger filled her system,

 

 “Oh so now you see me huh?!” She hissed then walks away to her room leaving the people inside speechless, Dara wasn’t like that, she was a happy person, she doesn’t care on how people would compare her to her older sister, Bom – she just changed leaving the people immobile.

 

“unnie…”Chaerin said as she faces the worried maknae beside her.

“We should talk to her unnie,” MInzy suggested, her eyebrows narrowed, lips pouted.

“I think it’s a good idea, Cat!” Seungri second,

“I don’t think Noona wants us, I’m dead scared of her right now,” Daesung, the smiling one spoke up but the latter wasn’t smiling anymore, he was wearing an unreadable expression on his face.

 Chaerin sighed as she stood up, “We’ll go back some other time Mrs. Park,” She declared as she bowed down to pay respect, the old lady nodded, then she stepped out of the house with the three of them following her. As soon as the old lady knew they were gone, her smile was replaced by a frown, her eyebrows furrowed; she averted her gaze to the withered roses on one of her favorite vases. She sighed as she takes her seat, “I guess I’m too late after all,” She said to herself.

 

She was lying on her bed, scanning through her player on her phone, looking for some good music to keep her mind preoccupied. Questions, keeps on haunting her, she wasn’t like that before; she was everything opposite to the character she just showcased awhile ago.  “Why am I like this?” She closed her eyes and soon she was drifted to dream land

 

Morning came and she realized she was still in her clothes yesterday; she quickly takes her shower and leaves before her Mom notices her.  She sneaks out of her room and tiptoed quickly downstairs only to be greeted by a familiar face.

 

“Morning, Sandara ssi” He greeted politely – it was Kwon Jiyong , her ex arrange marriage fiancé.


“Why are you here?” She snorted out coldly. He shrugged then offered her a sit on the table.

“Why should I sit beside you? And why are you even here? ” She coldly said.

He simply just grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the table. “You really did change don’t you?”  He fired back then takes his seat in front of her.

 

Jiyong was Sandara’s fiancé three years ago it was also one of the reasons why Sandara decided to leave and just escape everything. Don’t get her wrong, she did her best to fall in love with Jiyong despite that she’s been in love with Seunghyun, because of her grave respect to her father and because it was the only thing she knows she can be better at but Love wasn’t really on her side. Jiyong did everything to stay away from her, to let her hate him and it was successful, he knew Sandara likes Seunhyun and he thought why not? – Till he realized that Sandara was always there ready to be desperate for him, her sufferings, he knew she loved him truly and when he did, he was completely too late. It was after all a one sided love…

 

Unknown to her,   She was mad at everyone and to herself for being such a weak person. She despised everything and she just decided to move to New York without her parents knowing about it, without jiyong knowing it because she just thought it was enough… She changed, and it made her what she is now.

 

She keeps on sending money and even helped the four youngsters to study, Lee Chaerin, Gong minzy , Lee Seungri and Kang Daesung  the four street children she met 6 years ago, who had their own individual dreams, she promised them she would help them fulfill that dreams of them and it was her keeping that promise.  That was the only thing that didn’t change in her is the desire to help others and that’s what Jiyong likes about her, Yes, Jiyong knew about that about how truly beautiful his ex fiancé was, but it was too late. What fascinates him even more is that Sandara was really a strong person for him because despite of him being a headache and acting a stubborn man in front of her, he never sees her cry or even shed a tear over him but how does he knew she loves him?

Because she was the only person who keeps up with all his bulls, because in a short amount of time, despite of all his crap, she still fell for him and she managed to say to him that last three words.

 

I LOVE YOU.

 

“And why did you say that?” She retorted, her lips pursed and her eyebrows furrowed. 

“Seunghyun hyung said so~”

“Where is Omma?” She asked while taking a bite of her food.

“At your sister…” He softly said.

She clenched her fists and stood up but shocked to see a hand stopping her from leaving.

“You~ “ Dara interrupted him as she gave him a glare, “ Don’t you dare touch me jiyong, Don’t you dare go back to my life! I already gave you what you want right?  Don’t pester me for more Drama! “She hissed then decided to leave but a pair of eyes stopped her from leaving.

“What’s wrong with you DARA? It’s not you!” Her mother shouted with her walking stick on her right hand while the other was holding the door.

“It’s me Omma ! So don’t say it’s not! It’s the real me! I’m done pretending! I’m done!” She shouted back, brushing her way out.

 

“Dara! “ She hears her Mother called.

 

She didn’t turned or even glance back, She runs away, away from the two persons she doesn’t want to see right now.

 

His eyes begun to get misty as he made his way to his ex fiancé‘s mother. He loved the old lady dearly and the old man too, “its okay Auntie, she will get back at her senses,” he assured her while giving her a hug.

 

“I~ I , don’t know what’s wrong with Dara, I did not just loose Bom I also lost Dara, JIyong,” Dara’s mom begun to crumble in front of him, It was heart breaking to see the change in Dara that was starting to take its toll.