His tears

Her tears

 

She sat on the far edge corner, staring blankly at nothing, the soft sobs that engulf the hollow room made her frown. She never wanted to cry, she dislikes how it made people vulnerable – well, not at least on her sister’s wake.

Don’t get her wrong, they were best friends, she adored how her sister was her own version of perfection. Park Bom, that was her sister’s name, it was known to her, their family and the world – to her, her sister was just her sister, but to the world, she was an international singer slash movie actress slash model.

Simply her looks and talents got her to places; Bom made it big, one after the other of success. Soon, she started to envy her big sister – true, Sandara Park was dead gorgeous – she loves singing but loving one thing doesn’t make you good at it . . . it was just not enough reason for her to succeed.

People loved her sister, Heck! She is perfection, perfect family, perfect life and of course, she also has her perfect goody boyfriend, Choi Seung hyun.

Yes, the ever perfect Mr. Choi, she doesn’t hate him nor loathed him, she simply finds the meaning of the word “abhorrence,” in his system since he decided to choose Bom over her.

“Why did you leave me sis? “ Dara softly said as she glanced at her sister’s pretty face one last time.

It was the first time and the last time she saw her sister after three years of being separated. That separation made her herself not some idol’s sister or the face of fashion in New York time square, she was just her, simply Sandara Park, the chic and bubbly girl who loves fashion.

 

“Unnie~ I’m sorry,” A voice was heard behind her, sobbing as she hugged Dara from behind, hoping it would be enough to let Dara release all the pain she was going through.

Dara tilted her head to face the figure that was wrapping her small waist from behind. She smiled inwardly, “Chaerin. . . – it’s God’s plan and I know Bom is happy somewhere ,” Dara shuts her eyes then pulled the hands that was wrap around her away. 

“Unnie- “She called her out amongst the crowd – yet she swiftly walks away, without looking back, without saying goodbye, she walks out of the crowded room, out from the misery that was taunting her to cry the tears that she’s holding for so long.

With misty eyes, with wobbling feet she finds herself on a bridge connecting to a children’s playground – it was the same playground they spent most of their childhood memories with -  her, Bom and Seunghyun.  Dara and Bom practically did everything including falling for the same guy and it was no other than their best guy friend, Choi Seunghyun.

She walks towards the isolated place that she used to spend time with her sister. Hoping that it would remind her with only happy memories, she stopped in her tracks when she hears someone screaming her sister’s name, it was then followed by loud crying. She rushed to the person who was spreading miseries to this once happy place.

She saw him once more, that guy who chose her sister over her. Pain, guilt flashes in an instance but she held it to herself, she was stronger – she needs to be and she is.  He was sitting on one of the swings Bom usually sits; it was also the same site where he confessed to her sister and where she witnessed his undying love for her.

“Seunghyun . . .” he looks at her while tears continuously falls down from his mesmerizing eyes. She was always captivated by her best friend; she longed, cared and still loves him the way she did three years ago. She sat at an empty swing beside him while he averted his gaze on the ground.

“You’re back,” he mumbled, a small smile formed his lips.

 She forced a smile, “I guess I am- “she answered timidly.

He wipes his own tears and started rocking himself back and forth,

“you really love her oppa, don’t you?’ She forcefully asks even though she knows what the answer might be.

“Yes and if I could turn back time, I would have stopped myself from loving that person too much, ” He smiled apologetically at her. 

She was staring practically at nothing when her phone starts ringing; it made her snap up from her reverie. 

“mianhe oppa,” She mouthed, then she excused herself and accepted the call. Her forehead starts to crease as she listens to the caller; he shifted his gaze back to the ground as he waited patiently for her, kicking the stones playfully.

After awhile she returns to her seat, “I’m sorry again Oppa” A satisfied smile formed her lips.

“You don’t know what the cause of Bom’s death is?” he asked while he tilts his body to face her

, “I just arrived yesterday oppa and my mind is too preoccupied to ask them and I’m sure the media is producing wrong information about it,” she simply explained,

“I guess you really changed a lot Dara but it doesn’t change anything…” He said as he stood up from his seat, still glued on his spot, “

Where are you going Oppa?” She asked, her gaze still fixed on him, “Home,” he simply answered then walks away.

 

“Who am I to hope?” She thought to herself then she swings herself back and forth savoring the fresh air of her hometown.

 

“His shedding tears for you bommie and here we thought both of us hated crying, but for you, he cried, will he cry for me like how he cried for you?” She said to herself though it was meant for her sister. 

 

 

 

 

 

------

A/N: how was it? :)