Love that kills part one

Her tears

 

He sat near the open window holding the bloody knife that was covered with white cloth, he look at it and a tear escaped his eyes – flashes of childhood memories occupied his mind. Him, Her and Bom –they were happy, “Friends Forever,” as what the park sisters would say. He would likely thought it was stupid since the word Forever doesn’t exist in his vocabulary. He was fine with the idea since they were his best friends and he knows they won’t ever leave him. “No feelings intended,” They promised.

 

“Common Bommie just tell me who is it~ I won’t even tell Top oppa,” Dara whined which made the naïve boy behind the door smile. It was their nickname for him, her nickname for him…

 “Who are they talking about that they won’t even tell me? Humph!” He pouted then started to eavesdrop, he knew it was wrong, but what the heck! It was Bom and Dara so it was okay for him.

“Who do you like? Common tell me~” Dara butted, the older girl looks at her younger sister with second thoughts erupting her mind. “What if we like the same guy?” She thought silently.

 

“Neh, I’ll tell you for you to stop bugging me, Arraso?”She declared as she took a deep breath, “Choi Seunghyun,” She said slowly which made the boy from behind the door backed away; his heart flinched, with wobbling feet he runs away.

“No feelings,” He snorted and played with the rocks on the playground.

He wasn’t the only one who was hurting with the whole revelation –secretly, Dara was too.

She stood there frozen from what she heard but tried her best to keep it inside.

“Yo-you like Oppa?”She repeated, Hopeful she won’t say it again but to her dismay she did. “Neh, I like Seunghyun, Dara –erm. Uh, would you help me?” Bom asked stammering. Her heart fell, she was about to cry but then again she held it all inside.

 

“How can I help you Bommie?” She gulped then forcedly smiled at her older sister.

 

“By not liking him, Dara yah promise me that and I’ll be the happiest person on earth,” Bom blurted out without even thinking. Well, what is there to think about? She doesn’t know that her sister even likes their best friend.

 

They were 10 when Dara and Seunghyun knew about Bom’s feelings.

5 years have passed and Seunghyun tried to distance himself from the park sisters even with Dara –she notices this and tried talking to him. It was on Seunghyun’s birthday, he didn’t purposely give those invites, but his Mom just sent them over. It was the school’s “Exclusive birthday bash,” to the most popular hot guy in school, Choi Seunghyun. Within those 5 years that the ultimate trio got separated, Seunghyun made a name for himself and the supposing invisible guy in school ranked up to most popular.

The birthday bash was hailed at the school’s gymnasium, all of the who’s and popular perks in school were present and even some were from different schools. Seunghyun was a rich kid and so the hiatus of being unknown boomed the school and so the heir of Choi corp. was known.

 

Seunghyun hated the idea of having a “B-Bash” as some of his friends likes to call it, especially when the Park sisters are around. Truthfully, he doesn’t have a face to show to the Park sisters since he just left them hanging without any reasons.

 

He was sitting on the school’s garden as the party was going on, he was avoiding everyone even the loud booming music. He sat at his favorite spot just under a tree and stare at the dark sky of Seoul. He heaved a deep sigh as he closed his eyes, “Here you are,” A soft refreshing voice was heard beside him, He fluttered his eyes open only to see a smiling Dara beside him.

“Ye-Yeah I – um… guess so,” He stammered as he straightens himself and stood up.

She grabbed his hands and pulled him back at their spot. “What happened to you, Oppa?” She suddenly asked as the latter just bowed down his head, thinking of things to reason out.

“I see, so you’re ashamed to even talk to me, oppa?” She added while closing her eyes and leaning on the tree. It was one of their usual hangouts, the Sandarac tree.

“It’s not like that Dara yah… It’s not what you think, “He corrected her but failed at the end, it was just like the Sandara he knows, always knowing the truth.

“I don’t need your explanations Oppa~ explain that to unnie! She’s been in love with you and here you are treating us like trash, what did we ever do to you, oppa?” She asked while opening her eyes, even though it pains her to say those things, she needs too –because of her sister, for her sister. She stood up and walked away, leaving the unreadable boy dumbfounded.

 

 

He could have said that he loves Dara not her older sister and it would make things less complicated but he choose to be the coward that he is, He could have made a move but he didn’t he was too damn scared maybe when he confessed about his feelings back then, maybe it didn’t have to come to this point.

 

(After some time.. LOL)

Finally, when he has the courage to do so, it was already too late. “Hey man, have you heard? Sandara Park,that weird kid is engage to that Kwon Kid?” Youngbae suddenly blurted out leaving the two guys immobile on their seats.

 

“You got to be kidding me? That Park sister?” seven the older one spoke up. Seunghyun’s face fell when he heard about the news and it made his heart break, knowing what he was about to do, but it was too late, it was too late for them.

 

“Wait… is that your company son’s rival?” youngbae butted in, Seunghyun’s eyebrows furrowed, he remained silent and after awhile he exited the café they were in.

 

His fists clench as he was walking going back to the old park they used to hang out with, He sighed as he remembered he was already graduating in high school with Bom.

“It’s too fast~ it’s all too sudden,” He sat on one of the swings and rocked himself back and forth, thinking how incredibly stupid he was for letting them out of his life.