Chapter 1

Burden

 

It has been 3 days since he has followed you around, you keep watching him and he keeps watching you. You know who he is and so does everybody else......he is known as the tracker.

 

He goes around marking the people who he thinks have the ability and strength to be in his clan. Everybody knows the clan as The Night Hunters.

 

The Night Hunters do exactly what their name says......they hunt at night.

 

But there is only one thing they hunt and it isn’t animals. THEY HUNT HUMANS!!!!

 

They hunt them and they kill them.

 

You are wondering why he is always staring at you and why he keeps following you around.

 

You want to go up to him and ask him but you don’t want to be known at school as the girl who talks to FREAKS.......that’s what everybody calls the kids who get put into the clan.

 

You feel bad for the kids because you remember clearly what happened to the other kid who was put in the clan.

 

He was marked by the tracker and everybody saw it. As the kid ran out of school everybody got out of the way and just stared at him as he ran away. He came back to school the next day but he was treated like an outcast, nobody talked to him and nobody was seen with him. But after that day he disappeared and no one has seen him since. Everybody just thought that maybe he joined the clan but others thought he died because his body couldn’t handle the change.

 

You walked past The Tracker and you heard him whisper to you “Your Next!” You stopped immediately you sensed the smirk on his face as you stood there with a worried look on your face. You turned around and then it happened........HE MARKED YOU!!!!!!

 

You immediately started to cry because you knew that your friends will treat you would be a loser at school and the part you hated the most was...you were afraid your friends wouldn’t talk to you again and that they would just find someone else to replace you.

 

You wanted to ask him why he chose you to be part of his clan, but when you looked up......HE WAS GONE!!!!

 

You ran to the bathroom but before you did anything you made sure no one else was in it. You looked in the mirror to see if what happened was real and sure enough the mark was right there on your neck.

 

You started to cry again but you soon stopped and realized that you just had to get out of the school right away before anyone saw you.

 

You fixed your hair so that it covered the mark and you quickly rushed for the door but your friend Julz stopped you.

 

“Hey Mi-Cha, where are you going?”

 

You turned around and looked at her with tear filled eyes. She immediately rushed to you as you started to cry.

 

“What’s wrong Mi-Cha?”

 

You looked up at her.

 

“I have been marked Julz, The Tracker he marked me!” You moved you hair to show her the mark.

 

Her eyes began to fill with tears and she hugged you tightly.

 

“You’re going to be ok Mi-Cha, you will always be my friend no matter what!”

 

“Really Julz?”

 

“We are like sisters Mi-Cha, I would never lie to you!”

 

“I hope that Sandy and Taylor will handle this just like you.”

 

“Don’t worry about it right now you have to get out of school before someone else sees you. I will let Sandy and Taylor know about what happened.”

 

“Julz you truly are the bestest friend ever!”

 

You hugged her tightly and quickly hurried out of the school and into your car and drove home.