A Flashback

Secret Sorrow

Things only seemed to get worse. By now, everyone could sense the tension between us and it was beginning to affect our training as well. I tried my best to avoid Jiyong.

“I need to see you in my office”, coach said.

He watching a young boy in front of him seat in silence. As his eyes were pointed outside the window he notices that Jiyong’s eyes are on them.

He discern that Seungri always keep himself isolated from everyone lately. He knew something is wrong and if this kid continues the situation he’s undergone right now it will kill him.

“Do you have problem lately”, asked coach.

“No, sir” he reply short.

The only sound that can be heard now is the tickling sound from the wall clock hanging in the room.  “Where is the boy that I use to know?” Coach suddenly breaks all the silence. He pats his hand on his shoulders. That question really killed Seungri.

Seungri leave the room without a word. He knew very well that his Coach was worried about him. He’s the one who’s play ‘Dad’s role in his life and made him a person he is today, but he just didn't think that he had the energy or motivation to face it now.As far as Seungri was concerned, things had been so difficult now.

A scene of flashback plays in his mind as he sees Seungri escape the gym hall.

He often watched several kids play in the neighbourhood but there’s one kid that has caught his eyes.  They played until the streetlamps came on, five hours or more, and then a little longer, until the kids' moms came out of nowhere and dragged them by their ears toward home. But no one showed to drag this kid home. The kids left the ball behind and this kid shot it until the moon shone over the rooftops, and then he shot a couple hours more. But he had no technique and no accuracy.

From then on, this kid, untethered from adult supervision, spent his voluminous free time on any playground he could find. He went from last picked to the middle of the pack. By the time a year had passed, they were letting him act as captain of his own team.