First day of practice

Secret Sorrow

 

 

"Seungri? Seungri, wake up!" one of his teammates was startled out of his sleep. "What's up with you, this is the third time already I've had to wake you up." His teammate looked at him, clearly wondering what was up. "You can be happy that I'm such a nice kid. Other people would have thrown you off by now."

Seungri yawned, "You're not nice. This is the third time you're ramming your elbow into my hip. But I'm sorry, I had a rough night."

"What was up, you had a girl over?" his teammate smirked.

"Plenty of." Seungri yawned again. "No, just sleeping trouble." By now Seungri was making his moved to the bathroom.

“Well hurry up grandpa. We’ll miss breakfast if you were slow as turtle.” Seungri see teenage boy beside him grin. He got up, "Okay." He replies lazily.

The two walked out the dorm. At that moment, Seungri had to yawn heartily and closed his eyes. As a consequence, he bumped into somebody. "Oh, geez, I'm sorry."

"Watch where you going moron."

Seungri raised his head, sighing as he saw the face that belonged to the voice. "TOP. Sorry for bumping into you. I didn't pay attention. Won't happen again."

TOP grinned down at him, "Sure as hell it won't happen again."

Seungri rolled his eyes, "Look, if you want to cause trouble now, go look for someone else, I'm really not in the mood today." He knew that TOP probably didn't care whether he was in the right mood or not.

And as he had guessed, TOP really didn't care, "If you run around with your eyes closed and bump into me, you're bound to have trouble."

Why this bastard is so annoying? No. No way i’m going to back down with those ing attitude.

"What do you mean?" Seungri cocked his eyebrow.

"You do realize I can break your neck before you've even raised your fist.” TOP staring at him."

"Try me." Seungri knew he had hit a nerve there.

The boy that stood in their middle could sense trouble. Afraid as if someone will break somebody nose or something. But he wouldn’t dare to stop anyone of them. He gave both of them a look before pull Seungri and walking away.

"I'll bet 5 bucks on Knock Out Round One. I'll win."

“Yeah, you just talk crap.” Seungri said with unbelievable face.

“You’re just jealous.”

****
 

"Move your butts. Next game's in less than a week and we don't need what I'm seeing here. Push it, push it, push it! What?!! that end too heavy for ya’ll?"


Seungri looked over at the coach. It was bad enough his arms ached in agony. Coach made them ran the loop, a trek that mapped out to cover all different terrains. He pushed them further and further. He could run no longer, his lungs burning and a stitch in his side hurting beyond words only to have his coach stop the golf cart and berate them for their lack of conviction.

This is supposed to be something of a sanctuary. Now it never ended. His coach was relentless. It didn't matter how hard they tried, how far they ran, how much they lifted, their coach always wanted more. Seungri rammed his padded shoulder into the blocking sled pushing it with all his might.

"That's right boys. Show me what you got. We don't give a hundred percent here. 100 percent is not enough. To win, we need everything you've got plus everything you don't. And if you don't got it, we need to find it." Coach let them push the blocking sled another 20 yards.

"Okay. Okay. That's good. Let's huddle up." Coach blew his whistle. "Huddle up!" He watched his players hustle up the graded hill and huddle around him. "We have four more days till another game. Our rival got a good team this year. But we're better. We have the depth in our offense, the strength in our defense. The only way we lose is if you don't give your team everything you've got and more." He looked at each one of them, eye to eye. "I don't know about you, but any of you boys who's come here to play the game, you've come for the wrong reason. We're here to win the game. And winning means devotion. To the sport. To your team. And yes, to your coach. Winning is ..."