Wrecked

Secret Sorrow

 

 

 

 

Seungri groans as he grabs the bed pillow and places it over his head, listening to the garbage truck screech and clamor outside his bedroom window. He glances over at the clock and sees it's almost ten.

He slowly gets out of bed and starts coughing uncontrollably. He feels a searing pain in his lungs as he tries to catch his breath. He knows he barely got any sleep due to coughing all night and decides he needs to get to the pharmacy for some medicine if he ever wants to get better.

He grabs his pants off the floor and stumbles down the hall to the bathroom. Maybe a shower will help, he thinks to himself. It certainly won't hurt.

 

 

 

Seungri walks down the hallway towards the living room, feeling a bit better after a long shower. Realizing he hasn't eaten anything in awhile, he strolls into the kitchen hoping to have some cereal in the house at least.

"Well, it's about time you got up," his father snarls, greeting Seungri as he enters the kitchen.

Great. Why is this man waking up in this hour? Don’t he usually sleep. He was having his usual 'breakfast of champions'... alcohol and cigarette and Seungri is not in any mood to deal with him right know.

Ignore. Run.

"Hey Kid!" Seungri’s dad interrupts, "Do ya got any cash on ya?"

Too late.

Seungri winces slightly as he doesn't want to give up what little cash he has. "I-I only have ten dollar... I was going to go to the pharmacy and get some cold medicine."

"Well, I need the money more than you do," Seungri’s dad says as he starts searches for Seungri's wallet. A loud "thud" resonates in the room as the cell phone falls out of his coat pocket and onto the floor.

"What the hell is this?" He asks angrily as he picks the phone up off the floor. "Where the hell did you get a cell phone?"

"My boss gave it to me," Seungri states nervously, hoping that his dad won't become too upset with him having a cell phone.

"Really? Did your bos gave this to you?" He asks in disbelief. "He gave you a in' cell phone? Why? Tell me!" He wails as he starts pacing franticly around the room.

"It’s for work," Seungri give the reason.

"Did you forget the rules?!??" Seungri’s dad yelled as he takes the phone and slams it back down onto the floor, shattering it into pieces.

"No!" Seungri murmured as he stares down at the busted phone.

Seungri bends down and starts picking up the pieces of the shattered phone. As he stands up, he begins to feel dizzy and leans into the kitchen counter for support.

Seungri’ dad takes a swig of his beer. "We need money."

"Alright, I can look for a new job when I'm feeling better," Seungri replies as he starts to feel slightly nauseous from being lightheaded.

"You heard me... you're gonna start looking for a job today!" He orders.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Seungri yells as he tosses what's left of the cell phone into the garbage.

"What did you say to me you ungrateful little piece of !" Seungri’s dad yells as he hurls his right fist hard into Seungri's jaw.

The impact of the punch staggers Seungri back against the kitchen cabinets. His tongue detects a metallic taste as he feels his jaw become numb and blood seep from the corner of his mouth. As he tries to regain his balance, he suddenly feels a crushing blow to his stomach. The searing pain in his lungs returns as Seungri struggles to catch his breath.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" Seungri’s dad friend cries out as he nervously lights up a cigarette and starts pacing around the room.

"He should thought of that before he opened his in' mouth!" Seungri’s dad shouts as he grabs Seungri's right arm and drags him into the living room.

Seungri struggles to free himself but he is no match. He frantically kicks him in the shin, then swings his left arm around and cracks the enraged man across the side of his face.

His dad screams out in pain but doesn't relinquish his hold. He throws Seungri down onto the floor and kicks him hard in the chest. Seungri gasps in agony and curls up in a ball as he tries to protect his already bruised ribs.

"Stop! Stop!... Jesus... no...you’re killing him man!"

Grabbing the front of his t-shirt, Seungri's dad lifts him up off the floor and rams the teenager, back first, into the wall. He again s his fist hard into Seungri’s stomach, listening as the boy cries out in agony. He drags Seungri down the hallway to his bedroom. "You're gonna stay in your room until you learn to keep your goddamn trap shut!" He yells as he angrily pushes him down onto the bed, hearing a cracking sound as he watches the boy's head hit the edge of the side table.

That'll teach ya, he thinks to himself. You're livin' with me now. You do what I say or else...

I need a goddamn beer... NOW! Seungri’s dad scurries out of the kitchen with a cold beer and headed to the living room.

"You didn't have to beat him. You need him to find a job."

"He'll find a job," Seungri’s dad says as he takes a swig of his beer to calm himself down. "He always does."

Seungri slowly opens his eyes but quickly closes them again, shutting out the blurring, spinning room as nausea begins to engulf him. As a sea of blackness slowly takes over his mind, he immerses himself in the peace and tranquility of the state of unconsciousness as all of his pain begins to subside... welcoming the blissful state of hearing and feeling absolutely nothing.

"I'm gonna make a liquor run," Seungri’s dad friend announces as he finds Seungri's wallet and takes his ten dollar. "Do ya need anything?"

"Nah," Seungri’s dad replied. He sinks back in his easy chair and takes a few gulps of his beer as he watches the first pitch of the ballgame. "Ah, this is more like it," he sighs as he starts to feel himself relax. "As long as there are no more interruptions, this day won't be a total loss."

 

 

 


 

A/N;Sorry it took too long to update....