Rights To Love

The 's Love Story

 

 

     The kiss lasted at least for a struggling 10 seconds. Ji Yong was holding his breath until the very time their lips seperated. Bom’s plumper lips caused by Seunghyun were shivering in cold; scared that she’ll be misunderstood. Ji Yong met with Seunghyun’s satisfied glare and nodded in acknowledgement. He slightly sneered, and walked pass them. Bom shoved Seunghyun aside ignorantly.

 

      Seunghyun’s legs were dying and had his hand to support his weight by the kitchen table. He held his sorrowful groan inside his throat; not letting them free to be heard. How crushed he was watching over Bom to completely belittle his affections towards her.

 

     Repeatedly Bom knocks on Ji Yong’s door, calling by his name. “Ji Yong! Ji Yong! It is not like what you think… please”

 

     Ji Yong slams his blazer on the floor, ed his shirt vigorously and purposely ignores Bom. He didn’t want to be angry, didn’t want to be bothered by what he saw, and didn’t want to feel whatever squalid feeling he is having. She was not stopping; again and again he could hear his name called. Seunghyun thought he needed to calm Bom down and explain his foul actions right away, so he tried to reach for her shoulder but angrily she jerked away. “Don’t touch me! Don’t you dare to touch me again!” she resented.

 

     Seunghyun wanted to plead but he knows nothing can be fixed right this moment. He knew that this was coming but that didn’t stop him earlier from stealing the kiss. Bom didn’t even have the urge to face him and kept asking him to go away. He yielded away in regret, muttering the word sorry in his head. He got out of the house with his heart broken to pieces. Bom was finally in tears as she realizes there was no way Ji Yong would let her clear things up. She whimpered, “I really want to explain…” as tears run down her cheeks.

 

    The next morning Ji Yong rushed out of his room and saw the weary Bom on the couch. Her runny nose, furrowed brows and flushed red cheeks indicates how tough it was for her last night. Like a baby having a nightmare she sleeps. But still, he didn’t feel sorry enough. Bom lightly slid her eyes open, quickly got up on her feet; happy to see Ji Yong finally out of his room. “Ji Yong, a-about last night” she stuttered a little.

 

     Ji Yong went into the kitchen and out again to tell her, “It’s okay. There is no need for explanation”

 

     He gulps down his morning drink, with his other hand in his pocket showing how calm and ease he is. Bom couldn’t figure what was on his head. He is clearly acting like nothing happened but it was too absurd for her to believe that he is alright. Ji Yong continued as he sees her confused. “To be honest, I was worried all day yesterday. To think that we kissed and that you might misunderstand the meaning behind it. But to see you unaffected by it, sharing your lips with other people too somehow comforts me. There is nothing to be worried”

 

     Bom took a step closer, “What do you mean…? Nothing to worry?”

 

     “I kissed you. It was a mistake. Don’t take that as me falling for you or anything” he replied simply.

 

     “Then… what was it? If it is not you falling, then what was it?” she asks; dejected by his every word.

 

     Ji Yong looked down on his feet, couldn’t meet with her eyes in murmuring, “Well, you’re beautiful”

 

     “I’m beautiful?” Bom repeated. 

 

     He nodded and this time looked up on the ceiling, “Yeah, you were beautiful that night, I must’ve lost myself. That’s why I kissed you”

 

     "So you kissed me, because i was beautiful...?" disbelieved Bom. 

 

     Bom heavy-heartedly sat down. Her eye lids were flickering; startled by his answer. Ji Yong took her response as a sign of mutual understanding. He let out a heavy sigh and turned to walk away. Then suddenly, a soft pillow hit him by his head. He flinches and turned, “W-what…”

 

     There he saw Bom in fury, shuddering with another couch pillow in her hand. “I’m beautiful?” she muttered in anger. Again she throws the pillow at him. He managed to flex his body aside and missed it. But then again and again she kept throwing looking like a mad woman. Tears were running down her face and her groans were heard.

 

     Why can’t you just admit that you’re falling for me?!! I’m beautiful?! ! Just admit that you’re falling for me!

 

      She shouted those words in her head, couldn’t let them escape as she was crying hysterically. Her breathing was getting faster, and started to get the crying hiccups. All Ji Yong could do was watch her acting miserable, couldn’t move an inch.

 

     What is so hard about admitting you’re in love?! What is so hard about it you jerk?!

 

     And now she falls down the ground, on her knees crying her heart out.

 

     “You kissed me. You k-kissed m-me….” She whimpered. “Why can’t you just admit, just admit that you do have feelings for me…”

 

     Ji Yong couldn’t help but to walk away out of the house; didn’t dare to give a reply to her question. He is in love with Dara and kept on reassuring himself that way. It was a mistake, a mistake a mistake a mistake a mistake a mistake….The kiss was a mistake…

 

………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

     Later that afternoon, Bom was getting unending calls from Seunghyun. She ignores them and switched her phone off. She hated him so much that she refuses to even hear his name. That day, she is a usual again, probably more. Everywhere she goes she creates tantrums. Constantly yelling and shrieking. It doesn’t matter who she was talking to, she argues and throws a fit at everything. She scattered all the work papers handed to her and yelled them to get out of the office. She refuses to go on meetings and do not want to be disturbed. Everyone was holding their breath at every sight of Bom thinking that they have never seen worst of Bom like this before.

 

      And yes, Seungri was the one who was suffering tremendously.

 

      “Seungri!!!!” she shrieked. He gulps in terror before making his way to her. “Yes, B-Bom sshi…”

 

     “Why is there so many things on my desk?! Can’t you see how fussy it is?! What do you take me for?! I can’t work with all of these on my table!!!” she yelled. Seungri carefully answered, “That is your work... Whatever files or papers on your desk… those are the work needed to be done by you Bom sshi…”

 

     Bom smirked, couldn’t believe her ears. She throws them on the floor. “Fine, if you’re not going to clean it for me, I’ll just handle it myself” , one by one she scattered and throws them on the floor. Everyone else outside couldn’t work in ease. They fidget in every thumping sound that comes from her office. “Poor Seungri…” one of the female workers said.

 

     Seungri slowly escapes her and immediately calls Chaerin.

 

     On the phone, Chaerin answers “What do you want?”

 

     “Did something happen between Ji Yong and Bom?” he asks.

 

     “What do you mean?” Chaerin replied. “Bom is acting really tough today, like REALLY tough. Something must’ve happened. How is Ji Yong?” said Seungri in convincing tone. Chaerin took 3 seconds to think and answered, “Yeah… something is a bit strange today. Ji Yong sshi is acting all moody and do not want to be bothered. I don’t know what happened but yeah, I guess you can say that something is not right”

 

     Seungri clenched his fist in acknowledgement, “Yes, I knew it! They must’ve got into a fight. Yah… what a great timing… I’m supposed to go on a blind date today, thinking of getting off work early. But now that is all ruined” he said in disappointment.

 

     Chaerin snickered, “A date? A blind date? YOU?!”

 

     “What? Cant i? I’m not that looking forward to it but I pity of the girl who I have to cancel the occasion to” he replied in confidence. Chaerin throws out a big laugh, “That’s funny. You are funny. That girl must have a thing or two for comedians” she commented sarcastically. Seungri felt challenged, “Ohhoooo, what is this. Do I smell jealousy?”

 

     “If you’re talking about my perfume; JEALOUSY by Dorall Collection, then yeah. I  can smell that too” wittily she replied. Seungri bit his lips in defeat, “Yah I have more important things to deal with instead of having this cheesy cat fight with you. I need to get some help so bye”

 

    Chaerin laughs her heart out in victory and hung up. The bitter Seungri pressed to call for Seunghyun, hoping high that he might help. Seunghyun answers after a ring, indicating how his phone is by his side at all times. “Hyung, Bom is acting really weird, I need you right nowww” he pleaded. Seunghyun sighs, he knew the cause without even knowing the problem. “I’ll be there right now” he replied without hesitations.

 

     Bom ditched her work and asked for Seungri to prepare her car. As she went down to the basement, it was Seunghyun who is waiting and not Seungri. She rolled her eyeballs annoyingly and turned to escape. Seunghyun runs for her and grabs her by her wrist. “We need to talk”

 

     She parries her wrist away from him and warned, “Don’t touch me”

 

     Her hateful glare breaks his heart, never had she shown that to him. Towards everyone else maybe, but to him, never ever she glared like that before. “Bom… I’m sorry. Oppa is really sorry. If you just let me explain…”

 

     Bom cut his apologetic lines, “You knew I liked him, you knew I wanted things to work between him and I. What kind of explanation do you think could save you from not being the subject of hatred of mine?!” she questioned.

 

    “The kind of explanation that you would understand…” he answers sincerely.

 

     Bom started to get all teary but still she was as cold as ice. “I don’t want to see your face ever again” she uttered hatefully. As she once again plan to walk away from her oppa, he grabs her by her wrist and dragged her into his car. She yelled for help and kept on hitting him with her handbag to escape. But indeed he was too strong for her, that tall frame of his can never be beaten by her in anyway.

 

     In the car, Bom couldn’t stop herself from suffocating; she was fidgeting and rummaging around the stuff in his car. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?!” she frowned. Seunghyun patiently drove her to the beach and brought her out of the car forcefully. “What are you doing?!” yelled Bom.

 

     He dragged her close to the water and released her o the ground. Accidently she lost her balance and sat down on the sand beach. “Oppa!!!!” she shrieked. He started finally, “Why is it possible for you to fight for the ones who you love, and I can’t?”

 

     Bom quirked a brow. Seunghyun continues in distressed manner, “You want to steal Ji Yong from Dara, but I can’t steal you away from Ji Yong. Why is that?!” he finally yelled out his frustration; feeling unfair. Bom understood his every word but couldn’t accept them. She stayed silent; holding back her tears. Once again, Bom’s sadness is his ultimate weakness. He calmed himself down and eat up the unfairness himself. “I know what I did was out of line, but you can’t just shove me away because I have feelings for you” he said while sitting down next to her.

 

     Bom looked at him in defeat. She can no longer look at him with hate. He is too right to be wrong. 

 

     Bom buries her foot in the smooth sand. “Oppa… how long has it been… since you had this feelings for me?” she asks bravely. Seunghyun smiles shyly and looked down in embarrassment, “Really long time ago…”

 

     Bom nods in acknowledgement. “Was it hard… keeping it as a secret all this while?”

 

     Seunghyun shook his head, denying, “No. It is not that hard… until recently you got married”

 

     “Why didn’t you tell me a lot sooner… things won’t turn out this way if you’ve told me a lot sooner…” she said, finally facing him. Seunghyun sighs, “I guess I am not as brave as you Bom. That is something that I truly admire about you. You are very brave. You’re not scared about being rejected”

 

     Bom smiles and hold his hand; it was warm. “I’m really sorry oppa. The truth is… I couldn’t face you because I was too angry of myself. I treated you so badly and I couldn’t forgive myself”

 

     He tightens the grip and said, “It’s okay. At least I know what it feels to make you angry”

 

     She laughed it out and pushed him aside slightly. She places her head onto his lap, “I feel so good when you are around oppa. Although now I know your true feelings, the warmth and the feeling you give me is still the same” she said, shutting her eyes in calmness. Seunghyun caresses her hair, and kissed her forehead. “I’ll always be here for you. Don’t you worry”

 

     Bom smiles in happiness.

 

     Seunghyun was so happy to see her smiling again.

 

     “Like you said; just because he thinks of you as a , doesnt mean you don’t have the rights to fall for him. Me too, just because you think of me as a brother, doesn’t mean I don’t have the rights to fall for you” he sincerely said.

 

     Bom understood him well. The pain that he felt all this while; it must've been unbearable.

 

    “Oppa. Regarding your feelings towards me. You’re right, I can’t shove it off. I don’t have the rights to do so. Thus, feel whatever you want to feel. I won’t object. Try as hard as you want, I won’t stop you. It is entirely your rights, to do whatever you want to do. To steal whatever you want to steal” she muttered.

 

     Seunghyun pinched her nose real quick which made her squealed, “Owwww!”

 

     He stared deep into her eyes and said, “And you too. I won’t stop you from fighting for Ji Yong, not anymore”

 

……………………………………………………………………………

 

     Meanwhile, Ji Yong was getting his comfort for the day from Dara. They went out together to shop and have dinner at a restaurant. All night Ji Yong looked distracted and Dara noticed it so well. She tried hard to keep his attention towards her but that only lasted for the first 10 seconds. When they finally reached Dara’s home, Dara acts all sulky. Good thing that Ji Yong noticed that and asked, “What is wrong?”

 

     Dara pouts, avoided his eyes in purpose. “You. What is wrong with you” she replied.

 

     Ji Yong swiftly turned her face to meet his eyes, “Why, what did I do? Did I do something wrong?” he asks. Dara jerked away from him cutely, “You are acting uninterested all day, thinking away and wasn’t even paying attention to us at all. Why? Are you tired of me already?” she sulked.

 

     He snickered, amused by her. “Why would you think that… I’m just weary these days; lots of stuff to think about. I’m just a little tired” he explains. Dara sighs and knew that Ji Yong is acting none like himself around her anymore. “Are you that stressed out… because of Bom?” she asked. Ji Yong startled and shifted his gaze right away, “Why do you say that… no… not because of her”

 

     Dara caught him again; she caught his lying eyes.

 

     “Oppa… I’m starting to think that maybe this is not a good idea. Using Bom as a cover to hide our relationship… it is not the right thing to do. We might hurt someone, and that someone can be Bom herself” she said; trying to lure him to be on her side. Ji Yong stayed silent, wanting to hear more from Dara. She continued, “I mean… how long are we going to keep this up. We can’t hide ourselves forever… I too, want to live with you openly. Build a family with you, to have your child and grow old together…”

 

     Ji Yong fakes a calm smile and holds her hands “Don’t worry… I’m alright”

 

     “It is not that oppa. I’m talking about our chance of finally really being together. Really build something out of this relationship. I think, we should stop hiding and be truthful to everyone. I think, you should divorce her”

 

     Her last sentence stunned Ji Yong, “Divorce…?”

 

………………………………………………………………………………..

 

     Ji Yong got home with a heavy weight of burden on his shoulder. “Finally be free? Finally be open together?” he muttered. He sighs, “Divorce?”

 

     As he thinks of retiring into his room, he stopped by Bom’s room and had the urge to check on her. The view he had of her this morning was too intense to remember. He knocked on the door but there was no answer. He called by her name, but there was no respond. He turned the door knob slowly, opening the door as he sneaks his head in. “Ehhh?” there was no one in there; she’s not home yet.

 

    He went it and walks around her room. He never really spent much time in her room. It is clean, and proper; very ladylike. Her bed was wide, he wonder why does she need such a big bed for? Perhaps to think that they’ll sleep together? Kikikikikikikikiki~

 

     He slams himself on her bed, hmmm this is really nice. So soft. Why isn’t my bed as soft as hers?

 

     He rolls himself side to side, back and forth feeling calm all of a sudden. The smell coming from her bed reminds him of her. It is the exact scent that he smelled from her whenever she is around. Bom’s scent…Hmmmm so sweet.

 

     Like a kid he sniffs her scent off her bed, savoring every flavor of sweetness that goes through his nostrils; suddenly feeling addicted to it. He escapes the pleasant feeling and sits up straight, “Ahhh what is wrong with me?!”

 

       But then yet again, he sniffs her scent off her pillow. “I am disgusting… G-god” he murmured in shame. He then saw Bom’s stuffed green frog teddy, the scent he smelled off that frog was the strongest out of all. You bastard, Bom’s must’ve hugged you close when she sleeps. Lucky dude!

 

    Like an idiot he intoxicated himself with the scent of her, burying his face with the green frog and lay there ever so happily; in the end swift himself in la la land. Bom got home the next morning, spending the night with her oppa and now getting herself back to reality. She didn’t know how to face Ji Yong anymore, her heart felt weak and wasn’t ready to meet him. She went pass his room and entered hers. She gasps as she saw a figure of a man, cuddling onto her teddy frog like a baby.

 

     She came closer and saw his face, Ji Yong’s baby face glued to her frog. She snickered and giggled; couldn’t help herself from the unexpected sight of Ji Yong. He wasn’t up just yet thus she controls her funny breathing and went up close. She bent down and stared at his face, Aigoo aigooo what a baby you are Ji Yong ahhh.

 

     She went on giggling, covering her snickering mouth; didn’t want to wake him up just yet. Then suddenly, Ji Yong fidgets in his sleep and that led Bom to quiver in shock. Her unbalanced figure were slipping and she fought through it. The noise she was making woke Ji Yong up and shocked her. Her eyes were wide in surprise and she finally fell down on top of him.

 

     Once again, electricity runs through them. It was undeniable. Sparks were flying as their body were attached to each other. Ji Yong wakes up with Bom landing on top of him, meeting their faces so close with each other. Bom grins impishly and Ji Yong gazes through her beautiful eyes. Her gorgeous features enthrall him.

 

     I don’t know if this feeling is fake Bom, but if it’s real then I’m in a big trouble…

 

     Bom got up her feet real quick and laughed out an awkward laugh. Ji Yong slowly lift his body up and scratched his hair. “What are you doing here, in my room?” Bom asks him. Then he remembered, this is not his room. That explains why Bom is here when he wakes up. “Uhh….” like a dummy he sounded. Bom was waiting for his answer, tapping her feet on the ground like a ticking clock.

 

     “I was drunk, I must’ve got into the wrong room” he made a fake excuse. Bom was rather skeptical as he had no smell of alcohol. “What are you doing with my teddy frog? You cuddled him through the night didn’t you?” she interrogates; giving him the stink eye. Ji Yong knows there was no excuse for that one. He bit his lower lips; didn’t answer the last question. Bom held her giggle in, felt sorry for him.

 

     You missed me don’t you? – a question she meant to ask but didn’t.

 

     Ji Yong stood up and handed back her teddy. She smiled and accepted it. He looked at her, “Where did you go last night?”

 

     Bom didn’t know whether she should lie about it but then gives up on the idea, “I was with Seunghyun oppa”

 

     Ji Yong automatically made a shocked expression, “Seunghyun?!”

 

     Bom smiled, “Yeah, I was with him. We spend the night at the beach”

 

     Ji Yong smirked, “Wow. So romantic”

 

     “Yeah, he is. He is very romantic. Unlike you, very upsetting” she commented. Ji Yong glared at her, “I am romantic, but not with youuuu” childishly he replied. “Okay okay, whatever you say…” she replied simply; letting him win. He then continued, “What were you doing at the beach anyway?”

 

     Bom untied her hair and places her jacket on the bed, “Well, we talked… bought some food at the nearest stall, ate together by the beach. It was windy, so he cuddled up to me and gave me h-his” she replied when finally Ji Yong interrupts, “Ahh I don’t need to know details. So you were wasting your time. I get it”

 

     He opened the door to exit but then Bom continued, “It was not a waste of time”

 

     He turned, “Seunghyun officially confessed his feelings for me. I didn’t turn him down neither did I accepted him. Last night was beautiful, and I am very grateful for him. He treated the wound you’ve given me and so, it was not a waste of time”

 

     Ji Yong heard her every word, paused for a little while and then, “I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you. Trust me; it was not my intention to do so. But I am tangled in this twisted mess that I made myself, and didn’t want to drag you in any further. Don’t you worry…, all of this will end soon.  There will be no reason for me to hurt you anymore” and he walked away.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………….

 

      After breakfast, Seungri and Chaerin both came together to meet them. “What is it? I’m not working today, why are you here?” asks Ji Yong. Chaerin stepped forward and answered, “Your parents wants to see you and Bom. They want for both of you to come and spend the day with them”

 

     Bom who was in her room got called by Ji Yong and went straight to him. “What is it? Did something happen?” she said as she saw both Chaerin and Seungri unexpectedly came on their day off. “My mom and dad want us to spend some time with them today. Pack your stuff, we might be spending the night there too” said Ji Yong.

 

      Bom was feeling nervous as they arrive at Ji Yong’s parents’ house. Her knees were shaking really hard; it has been awhile since she had met them. To spend the night there was a double slam-dunk to her anxiousness. She knew she had to give a good impression to her mother and father in laws but Ji Yong wasn’t looking into cooperating well. He is acting so cold, and so serious. How is she supposed to portray a happy looking couple to them?

 

     Before they headed out of the car, Ji Yong alarmed Bom, “Please control your nerves. My parents are very good in detecting lies” he said. The lies that he is talking about must be about their happy relationship; fake happy relationship. She calms herself down by huffing and puffing out her nerves. With determined eyes, she got out the car and walks with Ji Yong by her side.

 

     As his parents came down to greet them, she grins in anxiousness; didn’t know whether to walk together by holding hands or by his arms. Then suddenly, Ji Yong slid his hand by her waist and brought her closer to him. His smile was wide and sweet, he turned to look at her with his charming eyes. Grabbing her so close, so happy and so genuine looking.

 

     “Mom, dad. Nice to see you” he said.

 

     Bom was flustered, didn’t know what to say as a greeting. Ji Yong calms her nerves down by taking her hand to his lips and kissed it so casually, “Bom misses you guys” he continues sweetly. As she looked at him in a confused manner, he smiled lovingly while brushing her hair aside.

 

     “Sweety, aren’t you going to say hi to mom and dad?” he said. 

 

 

 

sorry for the late update you guys, ive been acting lazy lately. enjoying non stop korean drama online, on bed the whole day. huhuhuuuuu~