Can't lose

The 's Love Story

 

     

     Seungri felt the awkwardness probably more than Chaerin. She looks too cool and unbothered; they haven’t say a word to each other and kept on only passing each other materials and ingredients to cook. Seungri wanted to break the ice but this ice is probably a bit too hard for him—uncrack-able.

 

     It looks like she is doing all the cooking, if I just sneak my way out of here she wouldn’t notice… would she?

 

     Seungri with his careful sneaky expression tip toed his way out when suddenly Chaerin grabs a hold of his arm. “You are not going anywhere” she said while stirring her homemade mushroom soup. Seungri sighs and quickly corrects himself, “I was just thinking about fixing some drinks for them”

 

    “Ji Yong likes plain water so no need for you to fix anything out of ordinary” she replied, not even facing him. The relentless Seungri takes a finger dip of her soup and commented, “A bit salty don’t you think?”

 

     Chaerin finally gave him a glance.

 

     “Bom sshi hates salty food” he continued.

 

     Seungri playfully lean against the fridge, quirked a brow and said “But I guess Ji Yong likes salty food?”

 

     “Was that supposed to mean something?” Chaerin scowled at him. Seungri grinned mischievously, loving the fact that Chaerin is bothered. “Well, I mean you do take a lot of care of what Ji Yong likes, not even considering the taste buds of someone else’s. Like in this case Bom’s” said Seungri trying to mess with Chaerin's head.

 

     Chaerin smirked a little, didn’t hold back to besmirch his thoughts on her. “This soup is supposed to be a little bit salty, that is not how Ji Yong likes it. It is how I like it”

 

     Seungri widened his eyes on purpose, “Oooohhhh… that is how you like it” he growls. “You are cooking for someone else; your boss and his wife. But you’re cooking to your liking?” Seungri fathoms. Chaerin prepares the soup for dinner alongside her freshly toasted butter garlic French bread. She ignores Seungri’s remarks and focused in getting the food ready. Seungri felt neglected hence he made his hands useful, or better yet disturbing Chaerin’s preparation.

 

     Why is she acting so stuck up for? I can do stuff too.

 

     Chaerin glared him in annoyance, “Boy, hands off please”

 

     “Girl, chill please” he replied wittily, “I know what I’m doing… g-goshhh, can’t a guy help a girl on something? Sheeshhh” Seungri hissed in a bothered manner. Chaerin goggled her eyes at him asking, “What the hell are you doing?”

 

     He smiles professionally, “I’m taking this out to them for you. I mean you’ve done the whole cooking and stuff so I shall carry this one for yahh” he said.

 

     Disbelieved Chaerin shockingly grabs him on the nose and pinches it with supreme force.

 

     “Owww owww awwww, t-the hell?!” he squealed in pain.

 

     “How stupid do you think I am to let you get all the credit? I cooked this, I’ll take em!” she said strongly. Seungri squirms in defeat, giving back what is hers as she pinches his nose harder. Chaerin takes it like a princess and fixes her fringe while at it. She brings her chest high, strike a long looking neck and walks out in style. Seungri flinches as she releases his abused red nose, throwing out a slight shrilly sound.

 

     That t-hat girl, G-godd that hurts wowwww that hurts!!

 

     Then suddenly as he was gaining back his manly composure out of pain, the sound of shattering plates on the floor was heard. He freaked out and alerted himself where the sound was coming from. He gone out of the kitchen just to find Chaerin stoned with pieces of cracked and shattered plates all over the floor.

 

     He let out a winning sigh, smirking, “I told you I should bring it out for you” and came closer to her as he realizes the jaw dropping expression of Chaerin at the sight of the kissing duo. Ji Yong and Bom was in each other’s mouth and no one could figure how did that happened in such a short amount of time. Just before they were laughing and battling their selves and now, they are gobbling each other’s tongue.

 

     “Yeah… I would probably react the same way too…” he commented as he saw the most disturbing scene he could ever imagine seeing Bom doing.

 

…………………………………………………………………..

 

        There were 4 people at the dining table and it was as silent as ever. The night was filled with endless awkwardness. Seungri and Chaerin who joined dinner by force didn’t know what to do or say to stir the burdensome environment down. Chaerin’s face was no longer in place with her cool personality. She was flustered, feeling the need to just get out and be free.

 

     Ji Yong and Bom were no better. They were both extremely shy, loking down on their soup at all times. The only one who was looking up and rolling eye balls was Seungri. The relentless guy was at best thinking the right thing to say to break the cold ice.

 

     “Wahh the soup is kinda salty don’t you think? HAHA” he said followed by an awkward laughter.

 

     Chaerin looked up at him in a disbelieved manner. Really? You’re going to break this silent based on that topic? My salty mushroom soup?!

 

     Seungri grins at her apologetically in hoping that she understands what needs to be done.

 

     Chaerin gave him the stink eye and pointy nose to make him shut up. Ji Yong then responded, “Oh really? I think it’s rather sweet” he opposes—trying to make an argument out of it. Any kind of argument is good now, if it will take the awkwardness away. The hyper Seungri couldn’t be more glad that he responded. Without any thoughts he straight away throws Ji Yong the most unnecessary remark that could’ve been given, ever.

 

     “Sweet? Hah, I think that one comes from Bom. Cause all I taste is saltiness HAHAHAHAHAHA” again the fake and awkward laugh of Seungri. Bom chocked up; flabbergasted by Seungri’s statement. Chaerin gave up and land her forehead on her hands. She felt like dying and willing to be stabbed any moment now. Seungri shut his eyes in regret. Damnn that was stupidddd!

 

     Ji Yong froze with a spoon in his mouth. His blushing cheeks couldn’t get any redder. It was back again silent, and probably more awkward than ever thanks to Seungri. Then a call came for Ji Yong from his bedroom. He tends to ignore it but Chaerin in an instant stood up in relief, finally a way out. “I should get that for you” she said.

 

     Then the phone stopped ringing; a miscall was seen on the screen of his phone. Ji Yong asks her who was it and Chaerin replied in a slow and careful tone, “Dara…”

 

     Then something hits the both of them. Bom couldn’t be any more nervous, she didn’t know whether to act cool with it or throw a fit. Ji Yong nods in acknowledgement and asks for Chaerin to just place back the phone back where she got it from. Then again, the phone rings. It was Dara, yet again. Chaerin didn’t know whether she should bring the phone to him or ignore it. Ji Yong couldn’t make up his mind either. His bothered face made Bom ‘s heart weak. She said in an unwilling desire, “Pick it up…”

 

     All of them shifted their eyes towards Bom. Again she said and this time with a mature smile, “Pick it up, she must’ve missed you”

 

     And that one statement broke Ji Yong’s heart into pieces. He had done it again. Once again, he succeeded in hurting Bom’s sincere heart. He had no other choice but to give in to the situation. He got up from his chair and reach for the phone. He answered the call with his eyes still looking down at Bom, “It’s me”

 

     It was so quiet that everyone could hear Dara’s happy sweet voice coming out of the small speaker. Seungri and Chaerin both saw how pitiful Bom looked. Seungri felt the sense of protecting his miss thus he swiftly shifted Bom’s attention to him. “Bom sshi, I cooked this myself. It is a bit salty isn’t it?” he started with shakiness. And this time, his stupid comment didn’t bother Chaerin as she joins in the conversation to help, “Yah, you cooked this? What a joke!!”

 

     Bom followed their lead and curved herself an amused looking smile, decreasing her attention towards that disturbing view of Ji Yong and his caller. “The only thing you’ve ever prepared for me was toasted bread. You had the nerves to tell me you made all these? Aigoo aigoo” utters Bom, poking her finger into Seungri’s cheek.

 

     The sorry Ji Yong could only watch and made his way into his private place. Later that night, Bom thought to herself that she had to work on this a lot more. She had to win this battle and she knew that the kiss earlier meant something to the both of them; she strongly believes it. “He is going to fall for you. You’re going to win this…” she said before finally closing her eyes to sleep.

 

…………………………………………………………………………..

 

     In the morning, Bom wakes up with a handful of hope that Ji Yong would say at least something regarding what happened between them. She needs a confirmation that the kiss they had meant as much to him as it meant to her. She purposely paints her plump lips with a red sassy colored lipstick trying to deliver a statement.

 

     Confidently she walks out of her room, but there was no one visible. It’s still early, Ji Yong couldn’t have gone to the office already did he?

 

     She walks around the house to find him and caught a glimpse of him outside in the garden drinking his morning juice. She took a last look of herself before approaching, thinking, and that is what they call y!

 

     Slowly she made her way towards him, making a coughing sound to make herself known. Ji Yong turns and stared, “Wow. That is really bright”

 

     Bom drew a wide smile, completely contented the fact that he notices her extra attention on the lips. Then he continued unexpectedly, “That yellow ear ring of yours is really bright. It’s like two suns hanging on your ear lobe”

 

     “Tchh…” hissed Bom; didn’t expect that. Ji Yong avoided her eyes and landed his eyes on his watch. “I am going to be late, I have an early meeting. I have to go” he said. Bom didn’t get to say anything yet and he is already making his way out of the house. Purposely he didnt want to face Bom today, his heart is so unsettled that he couldnt bring himself to meet her eyes.

 

     “Whattt…” in frustration she utters. As she missed her opportunity to grab his attention this morning, she quickly made plans to see him at lunch. She called his office but no one seems there to pick up. She drove herself to his office instead and decided to surprise him. Giddily she couldnt wait to make him fall for her. After the kiss they shared, her confidence level just boosted up higher than ever before.

 

     Indeed, no one was there. She asks the secretary but even the secretary herself didn’t know where he went. Chaerin shrugged as an answer and told her that she’ll try and help Bom to get a hold on Ji Yong. Bom was burning in frustration and didn’t like where this is heading. Why is he so hard to reach today? Is he avoiding me?

 

     Bom halted her intentions for the day and went back to her office after lunch hour. She was staggered as she saw the figure of a woman very much familiar in her office. “You? What the hell are you doing here?” Bom asks rabidly.

 

     Dara snickered uncaringly, “Wah, that greeting is far different than the last time" and crosses her arms together. Bom stomped her way towards Dara, indeed she is taller than Dara and plans to use that as an advantage to intimidate. “Are you here for another act? Another show?” said Bom sorely. Dara smirked, “Hmm to be honest I did underestimated you the first time but now I see, there is a reason to name you ”

 

     Bom huffed out an evil smile, “You have no idea”

 

     Dara accepted the glare that Bom was giving and replied, “I thought you were on some old lame tricks you es do to get rid of me, but now I can see that you are going way dirtier than that”

 

     Bom made her way behind her desk and sits, crossing her legs ily; like a boss.

 

     “You’re seducing him. I can see that. You are making your way into his fragile little heart just like I did” Dara continues. Bom laughed it out and replied, “No honey, I did not make my way. He made it for me”

 

     Dara was suddenly looking rather ratty and Bom was quirking her brow in contentment. “Ji Yong is too in love with me to even care about your existence” said Dara. Bom in a stolid manner, “Oh yeah? If that’s so, why are you here doing your best making sure that I am miserable?”

 

     “You won’t need to do that if Ji Yong is really unshakable” she continues with power.

 

     Dara knew that she’s losing it. Bom has her ways and it is working. Indeed, Ji Yong is getting slippery these days and she reacted way too fast; and it is severely noticeable that there is a chance that she might lose. Dara questions her to counter back the unexpected situation, “What makes you think you can make him fall for you? I mean look at you… so despising”

 

     “Omo. Don’t you know? Ji Yong has a thing for es. How do you think you managed to make him fall for you on the first place?” heinously Bom answers. Dara’s mouth parted a bit, couldn’t believe her ears. “All I have to do is to be the bigger ” said Bom again, blowing her long nails while at it. “Let’s get real, if you’re planning on doing this then I have no choice but to completely steal Ji Yong away from you for good” warned Dara.

 

     Scornfully Bom replies, “Bring it on. You want a , I’ll give you one”

 

………………………………………………………………………………………

 

     Dara went all out that night. She lights up numerous candles around her apartment, with scents of romantic roses sweeping through the atmosphere. She cooked Ji Yong’s favorite dishes and even wore alluring attire for the night to seduce him. Ji Yong skipped his dinner with Bom just satisfy Dara’s request on having dinner together with her instead. These days he has been in a confused state and probably by being side by side with Dara, he could gain back his usual self.

 

     Yes, Dara’s smile did give him justice. Their bittersweet memories together starts to flash themselves back to Ji Yong. Happiness is definitely what he is feeling right now when he is with her. Certaintly what happened between him and Bom was a mistake. He is comfortable again.

 

     Dara landed her head on his shoulder, “You look so tensed. What is wrong?”

 

     Ji Yong pampers her with his arm cuddling her close. “Nothing. I was tensed before, but not anymore. You’re here, so I am not anymore” he said. Dara smiled sweetly, touched by his words. “I’m really jealous of Bom, she gets to see you every day and I don’t”

 

     Ji Yong tenderly tilted Dara’s face up to meet his, “But you’re the only one who gets to be as close as this with me” he whispers, blowing on to her cute lashes. Dara grins, “I know… but still, I am jealous”

 

     “What is it to be jealous for? I am here now, i am supposed to be there with her…. She is my wife, but I chose to be here” he said robustly. “I know you’re here, but are you sure none of your thoughts is over there?” she asks. Ji Yong gulps in anxiousness. For some reason, he got anxious. His eyes shifted away from hers and he coughs awkwardly. Dara saw his bewildered expression. She detected a problem.

 

     “Oppa, did she touch you?” she asks.

 

     Ji Yong’s surprised eyes couldn’t be kept away. “W-what?” he said.

 

     “Oppa… I’m a girl too. There is no way that woman is ever going to leave you alone. To be real, you are not someone that every girl can keep themselves away from” intensely she continues. Ji Yong saw the worried eyes of Dara’s. “No, she didn’t do anything… it was…” replied Ji Yong and paused. “It was what oppa?” Dara interrogates.

 

     “Nothing… it was… nothing..” Ji Yong saved. Dara sighs, she knew something was up. She had to proceed with her plan. She needs Ji Yong tonight and completely drown him into her arms. She started to plant soft kisses on his neck, slowly ing his shirt and trail down the kisses to his chest. Ji Yong fidgets; he was feeling rather uncomfortable in getting too close with Dara after such topic.

 

      “Dara…stop…” Ji Yong murmured.

 

     She was nowhere near stopping. She came up to him and on that very couch she plans to do it. “Shh…” she shushes him ily. “D-Dara…” Ji Yong was getting weaker, his eyes were quivering and there is no way he can deny the pleasant shivering feeling he had all over his body. Dara smashes their lips together, sticking her tongue into his mouth. Yes Ji Yong accepted it, but his eyes were shutting too tight. There was discomfort there despite all the seduction.

 

     The feeling was different. The electricity and spark that he had with Bom couldn’t be felt this time around with Dara. And from there he knew something was wrong, and this isn’t right. He escapes and tells her in fervor, “I don’t think I can do this tonight”

 

     Again Dara caught his lips, not accepting a word he said just now. He jerked away, “No, I cant. I have to go home” he said. Dara went in again vigorously, rummaging her hands all over his body. Ji Yong takes her hands by force and again made himself heard, “I need to go!” he said it rather loud. Dara was shocked. She didn’t think that this could possibly happen. “You need to go?” she asks in disappointment. Ji Yong nodded in guilt, “I’m sorry but I have something important in the morning… and I need to get my rest”

 

     Dara stared deep into his eyes, disbelieving everything he just said. Ji Yong got up from the couch and started to button up his shirt. He grabs his coat and places his hand against her sweet cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow…”

 

     Dara watches his every step and knew she is going to lose him. The competition has come and her opponent is getting a head start.

 

………………………………………………………………………..

    

     Bom waited for Ji Yong to come home. She had her dinner alone that night and texted Ji Yong more than 5 times asking his whereabouts. Finally knocks came by the door and she quickly went to answer it. Her breathing almost stopped when she saw her oppa, flushed in red; drunk and weakened.

 

     “Seunghyun oppa, what are you doing here… late at night?” she asks in curiosity. 

 

    He smiles widely and dropped himself on her. Bom was unbalanced thus pushing him back straight with incredible force. “Are you okay?!” she asks in worry. She took him in and places him on the couch. “Why are you so drunk? I’ve never seen you like this oppa. Did something happen at work?” she asks her never ending questions. Still all Seunghyun did was smile, murmuring words that Bom couldn’t understand. The smell of alcohol that came from him was too strong, “How many did you managed to drink oppa? Hishh!” she nags.

 

     Seunghyun losses his tie; baring a small sight of his y collar bones.

 

     Bashfully Bom responded, “Oppa! Don’t think about getting here!”

 

     Bom went to the kitchen to get him a drink, wondering what made her oppa to be so weird tonight. As she pours the water in, she gasps in shock when she felt two strong arms hugging her from behind.

 

     “Gasp! Oppa, what are you doing?!” she yelled.

 

     “Shhh shhh….” He hushed. “Just for a while… just for a little while”

 

     His heavy breathing could be felt by his chest glued behind her back. His flexing arms and tendons are tightening around her and she couldn’t find a way to escape. All she could do was froze in time. Seunghyun let out a heavy sigh, placing his head over her shoulder; burying his face into her long hair. His breathing was too close to her neck; it tickles. “Oppa…” she calls for him; how uncomfortable she must’ve felt.

 

     “Why him Bom? Why him?” he asks suddenly.

 

     Bom turns around slowly to face him. He gazes through her eyes. His eyes, they were sad ones and Bom couldn’t figure out where they come from. “Am I not good enough? Have not I been  good to you all these years?”

 

     “What are you talking about oppa?” replied Bom; perplexed by his questions.

 

     “Did I treat you wrong? Is that why you chose him?” he went on and on.

 

     Bom replied with her hands cupping his face, “No! No.. you’ve always been good to me. Too good even!”,  rejecting his assumptions. Seunghyun plastered his forehead to hers; their noses were literally touching each other, “ So... it is because I am too good towards you... Like a brother and not like a man… I’ve treated you too nicely. Is that it?”

 

     Bom was getting huge shock out of his every word. Seunghyun took her closer to him, their clothes and skin sticking so close to each other as if there were nothing else to be bothered for. “Does oppa have to be bad to make you fall in love with me?” he whispered.

 

     Bom was shuddering; the warmth that her oppa emits was stabbing into her skin like crazy. She couldn’t reply him a word. Never ever she thought that this day would come. The thought of her oppa, seeing her more than as a sister strikes a thunder into her head. “Am I no man to you? Do I have to hurt you like Ji Yong did?” endlessly he kept asking.

 

     He was holding back his sad tears. His nose was red and his whole body was shaking. It hurts too much and Bom could feel it. His shaky lips was too near with hers. He approaches it carefully like a child. Bom shuts her eyes and murmured, “Stop…”

 

     Seunghyun paused and backed up. He couldn’t bring himself to be the bad guy. Not when Bom was looking scared and vulnerable. “I’m sorry…” he said and meant it. Bom shed a tear and now completely understands what was going on inside him. She felt pain in him and that just kills her, knowing that she is the main cause of it.

 

     Then suddenly, Ji Yong came back home and he was calling for Bom.

 

     “Bom? I’m home” Ji Yong said, making his voice heard. Bom was flustered, too shock to even react. Seunghyun felt it in his veins, the hatred and desire to win. Again, Ji Yong calls for Bom. Bom didn’t want him to discover her with Seunghyun so close, too close to each other. She pushes Seunghyun to retreat. Seunghyun saw the scared face of Bom not wanting to be caught red handed with him, and that makes him angry.

 

     As Ji Yong makes his way to the kitchen finally, Seunghyun pulled her once again and this time he didn’t hold back. He mashed his lips onto hers, eating her lips tenderly and kept locking her into his embrace. Bom couldn’t fight back and it was too late. Ji Yong was already there to witness the sweetest revenge that Seunghyun could've ever given him.

 

 

haha seunghyun.. i guess no one can resist Bom's lips! HAHAHA