Their Beautiful Friendship

Behind their beautiful smiles

 

       There, they were having their usual bonding session with Sooyoung as the center of topic this time round.

                "Noona, are you by any chance, I mean coincidentally, close with Exo Sunbae-nim?" Hana, the maknae of the group phrased her words carefully, seemingly afraid of offending her fellow member, Sooyoung. The other members began to edge forward as they were keen in her response. "That's right, that day when I walked past the hallway, I saw Luhan Sunbae and her talking together, lovingly." Eun Seo, the leader joined in and began to tease Sooyoung, who shifted uncomfortably.

                "Aniyo, we are just friends! I mean, we aren't that close. Luhan Oppa was just encouraging ..." With that, the other members gasped and clapped their hands excitedly. "Omo Omo Omo, Oppa?! Sooyoung, you dropped the honorifics! Hahaha!" And Hana made the final conclusion, "Sooyoung Unnie and Luhan Sunbae-nim are really close!" While the other members were chuckling heartily, Sooyoung's face turned crimson as she couldn't hide her embarrassment. Back then, they were so close that they would laugh anything and everything together.

                It was 1am and most trainees were already resting in their dorm or already fast asleep. Afterall, the practices in the day were enough to kill them. In the dance studio, a soft melody was playing and a girl with her hair tied into a simple ponytail panted as she continued to dance to the beat. She wanted to stop, she wanted to rest, she wanted to sleep. But it was her mind which forbidded her from doing so. She told herself she needed to practice, she needed to improve, and that she needed to...

                "Sooyoung, aren't you pushing yourself a little too much?" A soft voice spoke, interrupting her train of thoughts. She tucked those loose strands of hair behind her ears and subconsciously, a smile curved upon her lips as her eyes fell upon the familiar tall figure with his child-like features."Oppa, you're here again?" Her tone was chirpy as she couldn't hide her happiness to see him. Yes, it wasn't the first time which Sooyoung had trained deligently till late hours and it wasn't the first time this man had visited her. It was only these time where the two of them could share comfortable time together without hiding anything.

                She switched off the music that was playing and sat on the floor, gesturing him to enter. "You know how much I want to shine on the stage and make my debut right? My vocals aren't strong like the other members. I've been practicing my vocals and I'm worried I've neglected my dancing. And I'm afraid before I make my debut, I would have been cut. I'm afraid I ..."

                Before she could continue, the man spoke up. "Sooyoung ah, how many times have I told you not to be afraid. Don't ever let such fears pull you down. You've to be confident and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Afterall, your best Oppa will be supporting you." She knew how much these words meant to her. She was really touched as her eyes were b with tears. These words had brought so much comfort, so much strength to her. He knew that she was the treasured gem of Lee So Man and almost everyone in SM knew, except maybe herself. She had an aura that exudes her unique charms.

                "Thanks, Luhan Oppa." Her worried look on her face was now replaced with a gentle smile that was filled with gratitude. She was thankful to have such a great Oppa, who gave her encouragement and confidence. With that, Luhan pulled her into an reassuring hug and they rested side by side with unspoken words in the air that only they themselves could understand.

                Back then, ironically Sooyoung was really annoyed at Luhan for the journal incident, and frankly speaking, it was just a mere misunderstanding. She would always have a pissed off look when Luhan speaks to her, in contrast with the friendly behaviour she had with the other Exo-members. The Exo members were fond of her not just because of her looks, but her unique yet down-to-earth 4D personality as well. There was once when Sehun asked her, "Why don't you like our cute blank face, Luhan Hyung? We're chingu!" and Sooyoung snapped and revealed about the journal incident. It was then did Luhan knew. He made up his mind to explain to her clearly, once and for all, to clear up the misunderstanding.

                "Sunbae-nim, you're looking for me?" Sooyoung had the usual annoyed look on her face.

                "Sooyoung-shi, regarding the journal, I really didn't mean to read it." Luhan explained.

              "Neh, I understand." She uttered and immediately Luhan continued, "You aren't that petty to get angry over such small matters right?" He grinned as he saw the slight displeasure look on her face.

                "Yes, sunbae-nim." He knew she was controlling her anger and decided to push her further. "But your expression doesn't tell the same story? And, you know I was forced to read it to find its owner." His perfect explanation made perfect sense, and with the one final push, he knew he had won the battle, "How about from today onwards, you call me Oppa?" 

                Unknowingly, Sooyoung began to pout and finally, she gave in, "Neh, Luhan Oppa."

                  And, their simple yet beautiful friendship had blossomed.

~~~

Yes, chapter 2 is up now!

I really love updating this story, because it's so sweet in the beginning with Luhan's and Sooyoung's lovely friendship!  

I really wanted to put Kai into this chapter, but I guessed it would be slightly off, because this chapter is supposed to be sweet and simple. So ya, Kai would probably make his appearance soon :) 

And, do be warned that the later chapters would be more complex and depressing, with the appearance of other interesting characters.

And Exo members are really close with Sooyoung because she's like the gem of SM so basically everyone dotes on her like a little sister. Haha, and did you manage to capture a little Hun-Han here? keke ^_^

So do comment and subscribe to the story.

Hope you've enjoyed :)