Their First Encounter

Behind their beautiful smiles

 

May, 2012

                Stepping into SM company nervously, Sooyoung attemped to calm herself down, but her efforts were futile. As she takes in deep breaths, she remembered her purpose of coming. It wasn’t to tour around the company. Quickly, she fastened her pace. Unfortunately, before she could proceed further, she has hit something and fell back a couple of steps. In front of her was a guy who stood at least 20 centimeters taller than her and a pair of large doe eyes that sparkle met her. She gasped as she was amazed by his good looks. “I’m so sorry!” She quickly apologized to the guy.     

                “Hey, you..” And before he could complete his sentence, the girl who was like a lost deer had bowed and disappeared out of his sight frantically. He picked up the journal, which had been dropped by the girl and flipped to the first page. “Age 19, Born on May 1993..” A smile formed on his face as he read the next sentence, “Goal: To debut soon”  Her little note had made him reminisce his trainee days, when he first entered SM and was as lost as her, or even more as he was not a Korean. “Maybe I shouldn’t read further; it’s pretty impolite to do so.” He thought to himself as he considered her privacy.

                “Good morning, Mr Lee. Sooyoung has arrived and she’s outside now.” Her secretary informed him of her arrival.  He simply nodded and gestured the petite girl to enter. “Good morning, I’m Sooyoung.” She gulped as she looked at him nervously. Mr Lee looked up and scanned her from head to toe, “Good, are you ready to start your preparation to be SM’s idol? You have the talent to shine alone, but I’ve decided to put you in a girl group with another 4 members.” She listened attentively, very much afraid to miss any words from him. “You are currently lacking in your vocals, and therefore I want you to focus on it and improve before you can debut. Your dancing skills are good enough. And I want you to be the visuals of the group, which means you’ll have to take care of your image because you’ll be representing the group in all occasions. Do you understand?” Mr Lee looked at Sooyoung, who nodded without speaking further. “Okay, bring her to Dorm A and she’ll begin her training tomorrow.”

                “Visuals, that means like Yoona of SNSD, Jaejoong of DBSK and Siwon of Super Junior?” She followed behind the secretary closely and was greeted by the smiles of 6 guys who shone brightly despite in casual get-ups. They greeted the secretary and looked at her happily. “Hello, we are Exo! Nice to meet you. We’ll be staying at Dorm A as well. Fighting!”  She was flustered and quickly responded by introducing herself politely. “Hello, I’m Sooyoung! Thank you for your kind encouragement, sunbae-nim” and almost immediately, she recognized the guy whom she had bumped into this morning.

                He stretched out his hands to mess up my hair slightly and handed her a journal; her journal to be exact. “Hey, you little lost deer, you dropped your journal this morning! I’m Luhan and I hope you’ll reach your goal soon.” Sooyoung uttered a word of thanks and was slightly unhappy that he had flipped through her journal, without her permission.

                 “Kai, let’s go. We are going to be late for our schedule!” Luhan nagged as he pulled Kai along. No one realizes Kai’s expression as he watch Sooyoung leave.He knew he had been struck by cupid’s arrow and that’s what commonly known as ‘love at first sight’. 

 

~~~

So, this is the first chapter of Sooyoung’s encounter with her label mate, Exo! Currently you can see Luhan and Kai together is because after they’ve promoted their first album, Lee So Man wants them to form 2 different groups again with a new concept this time round.  The other 4 members who will be promoting in Korea will be introduced in the next chapter.

This chapter is pretty simple yet important because it highlights the little details here and there. As you can see, Kai has already fallen in love with her, even though they did not even exchange any words during their first encounter. However, do note that Sooyoung has yet to notice Kai or develop any feelings for any of them and that’s  for now. 

Let’s move on to Luhan. It is the journal which has brought them together. He’s fond of Sooyoung because she reminds him of his pre-debut days. But as you can see, Sooyoung did not have a very good impression on him because she values privacy alot. Do note that, at the later stages you'll realize how important privacy is to her. She doesn't like to share her personal feeling with others. 

Anyway, Sooyoung is not the pretty doll like Yoona or IU.  She’s standing at around 163cm; a normal build. But, her physical appearance is not to be underestimated, if not she wouldn’t be selected as the visuals of her group or captivated Kai during their first encounter. So ya, that's it for the first chapter which is pretty much an introduction.