Their First Day Together

Behind their beautiful smiles

                All of them were sitting at the conference room silently, awaiting for the arrival of SM’s president.

                A train of thoughts went past her mind as she heard their responses. “So, everyone’s keen in dating…”

                “So they’ve a crush? And our flaming charisma not being noticed, that’s a surprise.” Krystal furrowed her brows slightly as she attempted to think of possible candidates. 

                “There’s nothing between Sooyoung and Luhan? So it’s pure friendship.” Kai concluded as a blissful smile dawned on his face.

                “I wonder if there’s anyone on her mind right now?” Minho clasped his hands in prayer, hoping that he was the one for her.

                “Hah Krystal’s such a brat. And, even our shy maknae is in love? Sooyoung is really pure and innocent just like SNSD’s maknae, Seohyun. And, I wonder who’s the girl Minho referring to? Could it be … Krystal?” Yoona thought to herself and pouted slightly.

                “Ahem, Good Morning.” Mr Lee Soo Man cleared his throat, jolting everyone from their silent thoughts. “I hope all of you have moved into your rooms comfortably. Firstly, the reason for having a boy and a girl in the same room is because I want all of you to interact freely. Especially, Sooyoung and Kai who are incredibly shy  and for Krystal and Minho, I hope both of you will learn to control your tempers well. Yoona, please watch over them well.”

                “Neh.” All five of them nodded their heads at the same time.

                “Here’s the schedule for this week’s practices. We’ll begin after lunch, with the American famous choreographer, Teddy Riley. Yoona and Kai have worked with him before, so you guys should be familiar with him. He has high expectations, so be prepared well.” He continued.

                After a few hours of talking, the meeting finally ended, with Krystal looking completely brain-dead.

                “Gosh, I’m dying.” Krystal uttered under her breath as Lee Soo Man left the room.

                “What are we having for lunch? I’m hungry!” Yoona beamed as soon as she thought of food.

                “You shikshin! All you can think of is food?” Minho poked fun at the girl.

                -Buzz Buzz-

                 Their conversation was interrupted by Kai’s vibrating phone.

                /Yeobasaeyo, Kai. Is your meeting over?/

                /Neh Hyung, we’re going for lunch right now./

                /Ah, return to your dorm now. There’s a surprise for the Ulzzangs group!/

                /Huh?/

                /Goodbye, hurry over with your members!/

                With that, the phone call ended, with clueless Kai looking at the eagerly waiting members.

                “What’s up?” Krystal asked.

                “Ah, Luhan Hyung just called to inform there’s a surprise at our dorm.” Kai shrugged his shoulder lightly, giving a bewildered look.

                Sooyoung thought to herself as Luhan’s image flashed through her mind. How long had it been since they last chatted? How long had it been since they saw each other? It had only been a night but it was the first time, they had not met up since they had known each other. As she reminisced the previous scene whereby Luhan hugged her, she wore a beautiful smile on her blushing face.

                “Sooyoung, what are you thinking about? You’re smiling sweetly..” Krystal eyed her suspiciously.

                “Luhan? The pretty boy who hugged you?” Minho probed, making Kai flinched rather distinctively.

                “Minho, I don’t know if you know this, but Luhan’s older than you. He’s your Hyung.” Yoona reminded him of the basic mannerism he ought to have.

                “Ah, Luhan Hyung I meant. He has such a baby face!” Minho quickly corrected himself.

                “Especially when compared to our KkamJong who has such a mature look!” Krystal’s eyes widened after knowing Luhan’s age.

                “Neh, Oppa has an ageyo face, but he’s really mature..” Sooyoung’s voice trailed off as she realized the other members’ eyes on her, making her blushed red again.

                Kai stiffened distinctively upon the comparison Krystal had made. It was not that he was mindful or sensitive of his dark complexion, but rather he was not confident he would be able to stand up against Luhan in her heart.

                “Are you in love with him, by any chance?” Krystal teased intentionally as a grin appeared on her face. “Such a sweet love story!”

 

                “Surprise!!” The boys shouted in unison, wearing their liveliest smile on their face.

                “Is this a party?” Krystal took a quick scan at the decorations of their dorm. Colorful balloons, lacey ribbons and party hats..

                “Yes! Exo-K is in charge of cheering for the Ulzzangs Team, Super Junior for the Leaders Team and SNSD for the Maknaes Team. We’ve prepared lunch for everyone!” Baekhyun gave his best ageyo face, waving his hands hysterically, drawing laughters from the crowd.

                 “That’s right and after your practice, we’ll have BBQ!” Chanyeol, with his deep y voice added. His eyes sparkled as he looked at the Ulzzang idols, unable to hide his excitement at all.

                “And actually the one who prepared the food is D.O, our mother!” Baekhyun grinned, pushing D.O who was hiding at the back shyly, to the front. “He’s a real fan of Yoona!”

                “Baekhyun is the crazy fan boy!” D.O retorted, as he shifted back to his position shyly.

                “Ageyo Face!” Krystal yelled as he pointed at the innocent boy, who was wearing his unique blank face, smiling rather awkwardly at the nickname she had given him.

                “I’m Luhan. Please enjoy the lunch prepared especially for the Ulzzangs group.” Luhan bowed politely as he shifted his gaze to his soul mate, whom he had missed dearly.

                As everyone started moving to the dining table, Luhan and Sooyoung exchanged gazes before smiling brightly to each other, as if there were communicating with unspoken words in the air.

                “Kai’s your new roommate? He doesn’t snore nor grind his teeth at night, so I guess you’ll be good with him.” D.O shared his thoughts as during debut days, they were roommates.

                “Is that so? But I talk in my sleep! It’s going to be embarrassing!” Sooyoung hid her embarrassed face in her palms.

                “It’s all right, I won’t tell anyone your secrets.” Kai attempted to comfort her.

                “Our maknaes are so cute! Krystal, don’t you dare disturb my sleep!” Minho had a hundred and eighty degree change in attitude as he turned to Krystal, giving her a warning.

                “Oppa! I’m the maknae too! Can’t you be nicer to me?” She pouted, showing her rarely-seen ageyo.

                “Finish your food quickly and we’ll have to warm up before going to the dance studio.” Yoona commanded confidently as she grabbed tons of food on her plate.

                “Noona, do you need another plate?” Baekhyun offered kindly, looking surprised at the amount of food she was eating.

                “Our shikshin is unstoppable!” Minho chuckled as he looked at the amused look they had on their faces.

                “Ya, that’s my charm!” Yoona uttered incoherently, as she continued to stuff the food in . “And D.O, your food is Daebak!”  

                 After their lunch, the members had proceeded to the dance studio, starting their practice with thier choreographer. Unfortunately, Krystal who was working with him for the very first time, was having a hard time adapting to the practice.

                “Five Six Seven Eight… Stop, stop! Krystal-shi, you’re lagging behind the beat, again.” The famous American choreographer was losing his patience as they had repeated the same part over and over again. And Krystal’s face was gloomily dark.

                “Everyone, don’t lose focus. Let’s start again. I want it perfect!” Teddy Riley played the music and started snapping his fingers which was perfectly in sync with the beat. Before long, he stopped the music again, “Krystal-shi, how many times have I reminded you? You’re making the same mistake again! Do you know you're dragging the team down?”

                This time, Krystal had completely lose it. She hated when she was blamed for dragging the team down. She wanted to stop the damn practice, she wanted to hit the damn choreographer and she wanted to walk out of this damn room so much. “Damn.”  Bitting her lower lip, she cursed under her breath, hoping that the choreographer would hear her and put a halt on the damn dance practice.

                “Mr Riley, would you mind giving us a break? We’re all thirsty.” Minho gave an excuse before requesting for a time out. He was truly concerned for Krystal who looked as though she had just came back from a defeated war. 

                Krystal was sincerely thankful for his act of concern as she slumped on the floor, muttering a word of thanks. Sweat had drenched down their faces as beads of perspiration rolled down their forehead. 

                “Hey, are you giving up?” Minho spoke as he looked at the exhausted girl, panting beside him.

                “This is freaking tiring. And the damn choreographer is just …” Krystal criticized sharply.

                "Krystal, you're the almighty face of F(x). Hwaiting!" Somehow, Minho always had a way to calm her down, even when she was too tired to think coherently. Krystal closed her eyes, attempting to soothe her anger. 

                “Krystal, have you forgotten our purpose here?” Yoona sat beside her, passing her a bottle of mineral water kindly.

                “We can’t give up, no matter how tiring it is.” Sooyoung continued.

                Kai nodded, “Because, we’re the face of our group.”

Together they yelled with all that's left of their energy, “We’ll show them what we have!”

 

                Back at their dorm, Sooyoung was still practicing the earlier choreography. Much to Kai’s delight, she had requested him to help to correct her mistakes. Afterall, Kai was SM’s much valued dancer, with his overwhelming talent and brilliant skills he had built with hard work.

                “Sooyoung, you’re using too much of your stomach to push the wave. It’s supposed to be subtle and naturally.” Kai attempted to correct her verbally.

                “Like this?” Sooyoung followed Kai’s instructions. Kai stood up this time, to demonstrate the flawless way to convey the move. “You have to slow down, use lesser force and push slightly from the stomach and chest.”

                Sooyoung tried again, only to present an odd wave as she gave an apologetic smile. Kai moved closer to Sooyoung as he placed one of his hands on Sooyoung’s abs.

                “Use lesser force and try the wave again.” Sooyoung did a sharp intake before re-doing the move again. “Yay! I finally get it. Thanks, Kai!” Sooyoung chuckled like an elementary child who had just mastered a tough mathematics question. And the blushing man who pulled away immediately, smiled lightly at the lovely scene and reminisced the touch earlier.

                It was the first time Kai had come into contact with a girl, and most importantly, this girl was his goddess, his first love and current crush. Even though Sooyoung seemed rather comfortable with the contact, deep inside, there was butterflies in her stomach. She praised herself for keeping her cool, though she was facing such a y and manly idol.

                “Hey Kai and Sooyoung, join us for the BBQ now!” Baekhyun barged into their room, finding the two awkward maknaes staring at each other.

                “Neh Oppa!” Sooyoung answered immediately.

                Both of them followed Baekhyun to the backyard, finding the other members enjoying the food comfortably.

                “Kai, your favorite spaghetti here!” D.O waved ecstatically at , who made his way towards him.

                “What drinks would you like to have?” Baekhyun asked politely.

                “Anything will do.” And, he passed her a drink bottle with a mischievous grin on his face.

                Sooyoung took a quick gulp as she was feeling thirsty, and probably a little hot after the short dance lesson she had received from Kai earlier. She took another sip to taste what drink that was, as she realized it tasted slightly bitter.

                “What’s this, Oppa?” She grimaced after tasting the aftertaste of the drink as she looked at Baekhyun innocently.

                “I don’t know! Go and grab some food to eat!” Baekhyun giggled as he looked at the innocent girl who was trying to figure out the drink.

                “Sooyoung, come and have some chicken wings her!” Yoona gestured her over as she looked at her lost dongseang.

                “Unnie, do you want to try this? It tastes slightly weird.” Yoona took a quick sip before looking astonished at her. “Who pass you this?”

                “Baekhyun Oppa! What’s this?” Sooyoung blinked her eyes twice as she realized she was not able to see things clearly and images of the surroundings had turn blurry.

                “Baekhyun ah! How can you pass our maknae alcohol?” Yoona yelled crossly, giving Baekhyun a death glare.

                “Don’t worry, Unnie. I’m only eighteen, but I drink better than Minho Oppa!” Krystal stuck out her tongue playfully as she teased Minho.

               “More food here! Wow, why is her face so red?” Luhan placed the plate of food down before touching Sooyoung’s cheeks lightly. “Her cheeks are hot.”

                “Baekhyun Oppa gave me alcohol Bacon is such an idiot!!” Sooyoung answered, laughing hysterically before slumping on Yoona’s shoulders.

                “Luhan, can you carry her to the bedroom? Let her take a rest first.” Yoona gestured Luhan over as she looked rather concerned at the state of her drunken member.

                “Wow, she sure has a really high alcoholic tolerance.” Krystal commented sarcastically. Her eyes narrowed as she took notice of her fellow member, Kai who had a rather pissed look on his face.

~~~

Finally a longer chapter update as promised!

I realized my chapters have been really short, hope it hadn't bore you guys :)

So, for this chapter, you can see that Sooyoung is starting to rely on Kai and interact with him more comfortably.

And Sooyoung does view Kai as a man instead of a brother here.

Luhan finally appears! You will see more of him next chapter.

Romance is in the air~ Kekeke ^_^

At the last part of the chapter, you'll realize that Krystal is starting to notice Kai's feelings towards Sooyoung.

Anyway, there's pieces of Krystal and Minho, if you read closely. 

You'll have to read on for her developments! 

Do support by commenting and subscribing ^_^