Their Misunderstanding

Behind their beautiful smiles

            “Sooyoung ah, are you all right?” Luhan asked worriedly as he placed a warm towel on her forehead gently. Sooyoung stirred slightly as she felt a wave of warmth.

            “Baekhyun is such a bad Oppa!” Sooyoung babbled drunkenly. Luhan shook his head as he giggled at the scene in front of him while patting his head, attempting to soothe the cute dongseang who laid comfortably on the bed.

            Suddenly, Sooyoung threw her arms across Luhan’s neck. Luhan was taken aback as his tip of nose could feel her breath instantly. He attempted the remove her hands, only to find her hands cling tightly to him. He was at a total loss, but at the same time, he enjoyed the intimacy shared between them. Eventually, he gave in, resting on of his hands on her head while the other her back comfortably. Sooyoung seemed to be soundly asleep until she snuggled in Luhan’s chest and started sobbing uncontrollably.

            “Omo, what’s wrong?” Luhan was inexperienced in handling a drunken, let alone a girl who was crying in his arms.

            “Hic, I feel so … useless! The … others … are so talented. I’m … Hic.” Luhan tried to catch what she was saying in between sobs.

            “Ahh how can you be so silly, crying over this? You’re as talented as them, that’s why president-nim has placed you in a group with you.” Luhan tried to comfort her.

            “Really?” Sooyoung widened her eyes, looking innocently at Luhan. “I’m as good as them? Yay!!” This time, Luhan could feel her petite body pressed against his tightly. 

            “Sooyoung?” He tried to pull away, but her grip was tight on him. “Saranghae, Oppa! You’re the best!” Before Luhan could even react, a pair of lips was pressed against his, swiftly yet smoothly. His eyes widened  and pushed her away with all his might.

            As he was about to leave the room to catch a breath, he met Kai, who had witnessed the whole scene. “What are you doing?” He hissed, wearing a very solemn look on his face.

            “Kai, it’s not … what you see … You see … she was … drunk and …” Luhan stuttered helplessly, as he knew any further explanation would just cause more misunderstanding.

            “And you took advantage of her while she’s drunk?” Kai continued his sentence, “How could you?” His fingers were now wrapped in a fist, ready to hit the target anytime.

            “No Kai, this is a misunderstanding. Calm down first…” Luhan’s effort backfired, because instead of calming him down, Kai had given him a hard punch on his face. He was really agitated. “You're despicable!” He shouted while pushing Luhan out of the room.

            “Kai, listen to me.” Luhan tried again, only to find the door slamming against his face.

            

             "What's taking the two guys such a long time?" Minho muttered impatiently as he furrowed his eyebrows.

             "You're such a complaint king, Minho. It's not easy taking care of a drunk person." Yoona explained slowly. "But, I thought I only sent Luhan to take care of her?" Yoona asked. 

              Minho shrugged his shoulder, "Apparently Kai was concerned and went with them." 

              Krystal was listening at the side as she thought to herself silently, "Luhan Oppa, Kai Oppa and Sooyoung Unnie, what's their relationship?" As she pondered in her thoughts, she began to get frustrated as she could not answer her own questions. 

             "Krystal, why do you look so troubled? Guy problem?" Minho .

              "None of your business, I'm going to the washroom." Krystal snapped back at him.

              As she made her way to the dorm, she saw Luhan, with a crest-fallen face and slumped shoulders. "Oppa, are you feeling well?" She asked concernedly. Almost instantly, he whipped his head around to face her. It had only been a few minutes and he looked much haggard than before. 

             As Luhan remained silent, Krystal began to probe further. "Sooyoung Unnie, is she inside?" 

             Upon the mentioning of her name, Luhan fidgeted uncomfortably before nodding his head. "Urm.. Kai.. is looking after her."

             As she observed his reaction, she knew something was going on between the three of them. She knocked on the door of the room, before entering the room with Kai and Sooyoung inside. There was a dark aura surrounding Kai, and Krystal was taken aback by his cold expression.

             They had fought for the first time, over a girl they both cherished. 

             Suddenly, Sooyoung sat up and pointed excitedly at the bewildered girl, "Krystal! It's Krystal!" 

             "Krystal, she's really drunk. I'll get her a cup of tea." Kai stood up and proceeded outside.

              As he went out of the room, he met the figure whom he did not want to face at all. "Kai, listen to me. I ..."

              "Stop, I don't want to hear any of your bull . You pretend to be her soul mate, but you're just taking advantage of her." Kai shot him a death glare and left. 

             

              Sooyoung was giggling by herself and Krystal was amused at the sight in front of her. "How can you be so drunk, Unnie?" 

              "Krystal, let me tell you a secret." Sooyoung whispered in her ears, widening Krystal's eyes instantly. 

               "Bwohh?" Krystal shrieked.

The secret only the two young girls knew.

~~~

An update finally ^_^

Been busy these few days, thus a late update.

The fight between Kai and Luhan is really trivial compared to the future scenes that I've in mind.

It's b'cos of Luhan's hesitation and Kai's impulsive conclusion that led to the fight.

And this would affect their friendship, of course with Sooyoung as well.

And, are you curious about the secret they shared? 

It will not be revealed anytime soon *suspense*

Hope you've enjoyed reading, and do support by commenting and subscribing.

Thank You All~