Chapter 27

Be My Girl

Woken by the bright sunshine, Donghae opened his eyes. A smile formed on his lips. It’s been one week already since he had become a couple with the girl of his dreams.

One week… actually he had planned to go on a date with her today, but since she already had planned to visit her parents, they’d go another day.

After eating breakfast, he decided to study a bit at the library. He took his bag, before leaving his apartment and getting on his way.

The weather was great and he wished to be with Yoona now. He smiled to himself. “We still have enough time…” And the weather wouldn’t matter anyway.

“Hey!” Someone suddenly called. He frowned slightly by the sound of the voice. Wasn’t this…?

When he turned around, he saw his assumption being right. It was Ok Taecyeon.

The man’s expression was full of anger. So, he finally had found out. Donghae had been surprised that he hadn’t come to him yet.

“Hello, Taecyeon-ssi.”

Taecyeon laughed scornfully. “Oh come on, don’t fake to be polite. I know that you don’t like me and you know I don’t like you either.”

He was right with that and since he had said it like this, Donghae didn’t see any reason to be polite anymore. “Well…what do you want?”

“What I want?” Taecyeon got closer until he stood right in front of Donghae. His glare seemed to flash lightnings. The next moment he grabbed Donghae by his collar. “You know exactly what I want.”

Although he was surprised at first, Donghae didn’t even think about letting it show. He put on a serious expression and glaring at the other man. “Let’s say I do. What do you want to do about it?”

The other man remained silent, only staring at Donghae’s face. Suddenly he raised his fist and Donghae could see it getting closer to his face very quickly. Reflexively he closed his eyes, but the expected hit didn’t come. The grip around his collar also loosened. Confused Donghae opened his eyes to see Taecyeon looking at him with… was that sadness?

“There is nothing I’ll do.” The man said and dropped his gaze. “There is nothing I can do about it even if I wanted to.”

Seeing Taecyeon being so accepting, was more than surprising to see.

“Then… you won’t get in our way then?”

Now Taecyeon looked at him again and a grin was on his face. “Of course I won’t but… I warn you: don’t ever hurt Yoona.” He then turned around. “And if you ever do… I will be there.” And with that said he went away, leaving Donghae behind with his thoughts.

 


 

“Hi, Oppa!” Yoona said when she hopped into her brother’s car. Siwon smiled at her. “Hey, did you get to finish your work?”

“Yeah, it took me some time but finally I managed to finish my painting.” She fastened her seat belt and let herself sink into the seat. “I took a picture of it, I’ll show you later.”

“I’m curious about it. But what I’m even more curious about is…” His grinned got even wider. “How is it going with Donghae-ssi?”

 Yoona immediately got bright red and looked at her brother with wide eyes. “Yuri told you?!”

“Of course she did. You know that she can’t keep a secret.“

“Yeah…” Siwon was right about it. Yuri had never been able to keep a secret for long. Luckily she’d only tell Yoona or Siwon about it. Yoona didn’t even want to know what her friend had revealed to Siwon.

Embarrassed and feeling caught red-handed, she looked down on her hands.  “Well…it’s going well…”

“You don’t sound very confident.” Siwon noted with a frown.

“I…” Yoona began but got silent again. She knew that she could tell Siwon. He’d listen to her and he wouldn’t tell anyone, but… somehow she felt like her thoughts would become reality if she’d say it out loud.

“Oppa? Can I ask you something?” She then said. Siwon nodded. „Of course, what is it?“

“When you and Yuri became a couple, how… how did you feel back then?”

“How I felt?” He seemed to get lost in his memories of that time. With a slight chuckle he smiled at her. “I was the happiest man on earth. And I still am.“

“I see…”

“And you don’t feel like that?”

She shook her head. “That’s not it. Of course I’m happy but somehow… I’m not.“

She really didn’t know why she was feeling like that. Finally she was together with her prince charming but in one corner of her heart she was feeling guilty and bad.

When Siwon didn’t answer she looked up at him. A smile was on his lips.
“Why are you smiling?” She asked with a frown. It hurt her a little to see her brother smile even though his little sister was not feeling well.

“Do you remember what you told me back then when I was not sure about if it was right to ask Yuri out?”

“Huh?” Yoona looked at him quizzically.

„Back then you said: Do whatever you think is right and what’ll make you happy.” He took her hand into his. “And now it’s my time to tell you.”

“Oppa…” Yoona felt more than grateful to her brother. He was right. Is this what she wanted? Was this the right  thing? She didn’t know yet but she knew now that she had to find out.