Chapter 24

Be My Girl

As Taecyeon opened the door of his apartment the next morning to got to university, he was greeted by an unfamiliar face. “Good morning, Taecyeon-ssi.”

“Good morning.” The man in front of him was Yoona’s childhood friend. What was his name again? Ah right. Kyuhyun.

Last night he hadn’t been able to see the man’s face clearly so he didn’t recognize him at first.

“Yoona’s apartment is that one.” Taecyeon told him but the man only chuckled and shook his head. “I know. I wanted to talk to you.”

“To me?” He was clearly surprised. “Alright then.”

The other man mentioned him to follow and so they left the apartmentbuilding and went for a walk.

“Did Yoona tell you about me?”, Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah. You are Kyuhyun-ssi, aren’t you?” The man nodded. “And you were the one who picked Yoona up yesterday, weren’t you?”

“Yeah...” Taecyeon repeated. Something about this guy seemed odd to him. “Why?”

“I just wanted to thank you for that. And...” Kyuhyun stopped and turned around to face Taecyeon. “You didn’t harass her, did you?”

Taecyeon’s eyes widened at the question before he frowned in anger. “No, I didn’t. What are you thinking of me?”

“I don’t want to beat around the bush that’s why I’ll tell you directly: Don’t ever hurt Yoona.”

Surprised and still angry he growled. “You think I’d hurt her? Why don’t you just tell me to stay away from her? I thought you didn’t want to beat around the bush.”

“You’re more clever than I thought, Taecyeon-ssi.” The man chuckled and put his hands into his pockets. “Well, I’d love to but Yoona doesn’t want me to. I won’t interfer in her life but...let me tell you.” His glance caught that of Taecyeon. “If you ever hurt her, I’ll make sure you’ll regret it.”

Hearing Kyuhyun’s threat, Taecyeon couldn’t help but grin wryly. “Huh, I guess I was right about you.”

“About me?” “You love Yoona, don’t you?”

The man who had threatend him just a moment ago, suddenly went silent before he also grinned. “Yes, I love her but not how you think. That was a long time ago. But still, to me she is the most precious friend I have.”

So Taecyeon had been right. How could Yoona be so blind?

Kyuhyun took a step back again. “Don’t get your hopes up too much, Taecyeon-ssi. You don’t match with her. If there is a man who can win her heart, than it will be someone like Donghae-ssi.”

Donghae? So he even knew about him. Taecyeon grinned his teeth. He was just so angry at that man, but he had to pull himself together. “Listen, Kyuhyun-ssi. I don’t care if I match with her or not. The only things that matter are my and her feelings. It’s Yoona’s desicion with whom she wants to be together and if it is Donghae then... then I’ll have to accept it.” Whether he wanted to or not.

He closed his eyes for a moment to calm down and then turned away from Kyuhyun. Slowly he began to walk down the street.

“Taecyeon-ssi!” The other man called after him. “Yoona will decide soon! Don’t get your hopes up too high!”

“Tch.” Although Taecyeon didn’t know much about that guy, there was one thing he knew for sure: He’d never get along with Kyuhyun. Not in this lifetime.