Chapter 22

Be My Girl

After the lesson, Yoona had wanted to continue her conversation with Kyuhyun but unfortunately he was already gone.

Let’s eat dinner together. I have to talk to you.” he had send her a message which made her raise an eyebrow.

Although it was just a text, it seemed so serious to her. Did something might happen?

As she arrived at home, she went into her room. Dinner... what should she wear?

Looking through her wardrobe, she saw the dress Taecyeon had bought her for the party that time.

She softly it. She still felt bad about not have shown up.

Taecyeon must have... “Wait! Taecyeon!” Oh no, she had totally forgotten that she already had an appointment with Taecyeon.

What should she do now? She couldn’t just cancel her dinner with Kyuhyun. It seemed to be really important. But she couldn’t cancel Taecyeon too – again.

“Aish...”, she mumbled and ruffled her own hair. Not knowing what to do, she grabbed her phone and tried to call Yuri. “Come on, pick up. Pick up!” “We’re sorry but the-“ “Ahhhh, Kwon Yuri! Why don’t you pick up your phone!”

Walking up and down her room, she tried to think for a solution – without success.

“There’s is no way I can meet both of them. I have  to cancel one appointment.” Although she was more than sorry, she then decided to cancel Taecyeon.

Standing in front of his apartment, she couldn’t get herself to knock. “Are you looking for me?” A familiar voice suddenly asked. Startled, Yoona flinched. “T-Taecyeon-ssi!”

With a shopping bag in his hands, he came towards her. He held up the bag. “I went to buy some things for this evening. You haven’t forgotten our appointment, have you?”

“Of course not.”, Yoona answered maybe a bit too fast since Taecyeon looked at her sceptically.

“It’s just...” “Hey, are you trying to cancel our appointment, right now, beauty?”

She didn’t even dare to look at him and only nodded slightly.

Yoona could here him click his tongue. “Don’t tell me it’s because of Donghae.”

“No!”, she quickly told him and looked up again. Taecyeon was standing in front of her with his arms crossed and obviously not happy with the situation.

“No... it’s not Donghae-Oppa. I’m going to meet an old friend of mine and he’s here for only a few days...”

Hearing her explanation, his anger weakend a bit. There was silence between the two of them, before Taecyeon sighed. “Alright. I’m not angry. Go and see your friend.”

Disbelieving Yoona raised her head. A big smile formed on her lips. “R-Really? Thank you, Taecyeon-ssi!”

“But there’s a condition!” “Condition?” “First: I’ll pick you up, after your dinner.”, he got closer to her. “Second: You’ll have to spend a whole day with me to make this up.” “And third...” Suddenly Taecyeon raised his hand and her cheek gently, which made Yoona shiver. He got closer to her ear with his lips and whispered. “...call me ‘Oppa’.”

Just as suddenly as he had gotten closer to her, he backed away again and smirked at her. “Only under these conditions I’ll forgive you. See you later.”

And with these words he disappeared into his apartment.

Yoona stood completely frozen there, with her face bright red. On the one hand she was happy that he wasn’t angry but on the other hand, she was confused. She grabbed her face. “No, Yoona! Don’t fall for him! You like Donghae. Not such a beast. Don’t!”

And still, her heart was beating faster than ever.