Chapter 12

Be My Girl

Fortunately Donghae’s condition got better and he hadn’t had a fever anymore.

Although Yoona didn’t have to worry about him anymore, she was now worried because of Taecyeon.

He would definitely be mad and dissapointed, but how could she had left Donghae alone?

The problem was that she didn’t know how to explain her absence.

Somehow it didn’t feel right to her to tell him the truth.

Nervously she was walking across the campus with Yuri who was telling something about the movie she saw last night but Yoona didn’t really listened to her.

Suddenly she stoped, her heart was pounding wildly.

“What’s wrong?”, Yuri asked confused.

Yoona gulped and didn’t look at her friend: “I’ll be right back.”

Then she walked towards the person she had seen: Taecyeon.

He was busy with writing a message on his phone and didn’t notice her. Just as she stood directly in front of him, he looked up.

The fact that he smiled as their eyes met, made her feel even worse.

She could see the anger, dissapointment and sadness in his eyes.

“Uhm...hi...”

“Hi, so you are alright?”

“Yeah, why shouldn’t I?” “I thought something might had happened because you didn’t come yesterday.”

was dry and she feared her words would be rasping but as she tried to gulp it didn’t help. Without looking in his eyes she tried to speak: “About that, I-“

But before she could explain herself he raised his hand to stop her: “No, you don’t have to tell me. I guess you had something more important to do. It’s okay.”

“But...” Yoona would’ve been a fool to believe him. It was obvious how hurt he was and his words made her feel like something inside her shattered.

“Oppa~”, a female voice then called and both of them turned aroung.

Jessica was walking towards them and grabbed Taecyeon’s arm as she reached him.

Condescendingly she looked at Yoona: “What a bad girlfriend are you to just to stand up your own boyfriend? Tch, That’s the reason why you should come back to me.”, the latter she said to Taecyeon who pulled his arm from her grib.

“I’ve told you before that I won’t reunite with you.”, he laid an arm around Yoona but she felt that he forced himself, “And stop talking like that to my girlfriend. She had her reasons. Right?”

Yoona was looking at the ground and only nodded slightly.

Every word he said and him still acting like she was his girlfriend made her conscience worse.

Jessica pouted. “You are so mean. I’m only telling the truth. How could she not appear without telling you? I would’ve never done that.”

Of course Jessica didn’t know that both of them had never exchanged their phone numbers.

“Like I said, she had her reasons. And now, bye.”, Taecyeon said firm and walked away with Yoona.

“Call me if you change your opinion!”, Jessica called but he only shook his head and sighed.

As they were out of Jessica’s sight, he let go of Yoona and she felt that kind of cold atmosphere from before again.

“Well then. Thanks for playing my girlfriend. I’ll tell her that we broke up or something.”, he suddenly said.

Reflexively she touched his arm and looked at him with big sad and surprised eyes, just as if he had really broken up with her.

This look confused Taecyeon but he didn’t want to misunderstand her.

As Yoona realized what she did, she quickly lowered her hand.

So he wanted to end it. Only because she hadn’t been there yesterday? Of course. But he didn’t even know the worst thing. That she had been with Donghae.

The only thing she could do was to nod. Somehow his words hurt but she hadn’t had the right to stop him.

Both of them were unhappy with the situation but noone tried to change it. And so Taecyeon left without saying another word.

Yoona had to blink away the upcoming tears. Quickly she walked into the building where she bumped into Donghae.

“Oh, sorry.”, she said and a bright smile appeared on her lips as she saw his face. She didn’t feel well but she didn’t want Donghae to worry.

Unusually Donghae didn’t return her smile.

“Is something wrong? Are you still having a fever?”, as she wanted to feel his forehead, he turned away.

“I’m alright. Thanks for taking care of me yesterday. I have to go now.”

With hurried steps he walked away. Confused Yoona watched him and the urge to cry came up again. What was happening right now? Why were Taecyeon and Donghae so cold towards her? That Taecyeon was mad was comprehensible, but why Donghae?

The thing Yoona didn’t know was that Donghae had seen her and Taecyeon as they had talked to Jessica. And of course he had heard Taecyeon calling her his girlfriend...