Chapter 11

Be My Girl

The following days Yoona had been busy with her studies so she hadn’t much time to think about the party on Saturday.

Unfortunately she also hadn’t seen Donghae that often but he had seemed like he was okay. But she was still worried.

Finally the day of the party had arrived. As Yoona was doing her make-up and hair she herself was surprised how nervous she was. Well, she would meet many bosses of companies, of course was she nervous.

As she was ready, she looked into the mirror. What would Taecyeon think about her? Would he say, that she was pretty?

She sighed. Somehow she was thinking more often about Taecyeon and what he thought about her.

As she looked at the clock, she gasped: “Omo! I have to hurry!”

Quickly she grabbed her bag and put on her jacket before leaving the apartment.

The sun was already setting and it rained.

“Great... maybe I should get a taxi.”, Yoona mumbled and was about to go, as she looked back to Donghae’s door.

Yesterday she hadn’t met him. Was he all right?

She looked at her watch again. It would be okay, if she quickly asks if he felt well.

So she turned around, headed to Donghae’s apartment and rang the bell.

She waited but he didn’t seem to open the door. Maybe he was sleeping?

Just as she wanted to leave, the door was opened and Donghae stood in front of her.

Swear was on his forehead and it seemed like he just had gotten up from bed.

“Oh, it’s you, Yoona-shi.”, he said with a weak voice.

“Yeah, sorry, to disturb you. I wanted to ask how you are doing?”

“I’m all right, I’m all right...”, he told her like always and put on a smile.

Yoona wasn’t sure if she could believe him.

“Are you going out?”, he then asked as he saw her dress.

She blushed: “Uhm, yeah and...oh, I should hurry!”
”Then go, Yoona-shi. Don’t worry about me.”

She was about to answer, as Donghae suddenly began to sway. Quickly she grabbed him to prevent him from falling. As she touched his arm, she looked at him in shock.

“You’re burning!” “Don’t worry, I’m okay, you have to go...”, he said and touched his forehead. Now he was sweating even more. As he took a step back, he almost fell.

“Quickly lay down! You have high fever!”, Yoona said and helped him to get into his bedroom. This was the first time Yoona had entered Donghae’s apartment. But now wasn’t the time to look around.

Carefully she helped Donghae to lay down on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

His breathing was heavier now and his facial expression wasn’t good either.

Yoona went into the kitchen and got a bowl with cold water and a towel.

Back in Donghae’s room she kneeled down beside him and laid the cold wet towel onto his forehead.

She looked at the watch again. If she wouldn’t go now, she would be to late for sure.

As she wanted to stand up, Donghae grabbed her wrist.

Surprised she looked at him.

He looked at her with a begging face: “Please...don’t go...”

Now it was clear. Yoona couldn’t go. How could she leave Donghae alone like this?

She sat down beside him, dabbed the sweat from his brows and smiled. “I won’t leave. I’ll stay with you.”

Donghae smiled weakly and closed his eyes again. “Thanks, Yoona-yah...”

Still smiling she watched as he fell asleep and held his hand, totally forgetting about Taecyeon and the party.

 

What she didn’t know was that Taecyeon had arrived earlier as expected.

He had been waiting at the party location and the room slowly got fuller and fuller, but no sight of Yoona.

After a while he had decided to wait at the door. Maybe she got lost on her way?

The worst thing was, that he didn’t has her phone number.

So he waited infront of the building. With an umbrella in his hand he stood outside in the pouring rain waiting for Yoona who would never come...