A Smile Worth More Than a Dozen Roses

Lost Inspirations {hiatus mode}

Your Outfit:

tumblr_lsr208e0nK1r42nfvo1_500.jpg

 

 

"Hey _____!" Baekhyun shouted, as he continues to follow you, "Where are you going?"

Without turning back to him, " I'm going to have a talk with Taemin." Your voice trembled slightly, "I want to know what happened to Kai and my sister.."

You decided to go to The Polar Bear Cafe. Baekhyun followed you as you walked deeper into the city through the crowd of people.

You walked into the cafe, no one was in sight. "Taemin-sunbae! Whereeee are yooou?" You shouted as you casually walked into the cafe. 

Baekhyun walked into the kitchen. Oh okay then, maybe Taemin is in the kitchen..?

The cafe was slightly busy, people were sitting at the small round tables, having mini conversations as they drink coffee and eat scones. 

Tumblr_lovaw9g5dr1qdob54o1_500_large

 

You sat on the stool in front of the counter, as Taemin randomly popped out of the counter, startling you as you almost slipped off your chair.

"Yah!" you placed your hand on your chest, "Why do you guys keep doing that to me?!" 

Taemin giggled as he held a banana milk in his hands, " What brings you here, ____?" he takes a sip of his banana milk, "..Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

Your smile slowly fades as you remembered the reason you were here, ".. Can I ask you something?" You looked up at him with sincerity in your eyes, you tried to make him take noticed of how serious you are. "You have to be honest."

Taemin looks at you, returning your serious gaze, "Yeah, okay, I will." he sets his banana milk aside and set his focus on you.

".. Do you know Min Ah?" Your gaze piercing at Taemin, you noticed that his eyes widen from hearing her name. 

He tries to look away your gaze and stare at his banana milk instead, "...Y-yeah, i know her." 

"Then, What happened between you guys? What happened to Min Ah and Kai?" Your eyes sadden, you could feel your eye browns furrowed from concern. 

"..Well we-"

"Guys, I found cookies! Who want some?" Baekhyun interrups as he holds a batch of cookies on a plate, walking towards you and Taemin at the counter. 

The serious atmosphere weakened as Baekhyun smiles innocently and sat besides you, eating the cookies. You glance over at Taemin as he eats the cookies, happily. 

You sighed, "Taemin, could you please continue?"

He looks up at you, with a cookie still halfway in his mouth, he takes a bite, "Mhfhm, okaays" he said, mumbling as he finished his cookie.

"Well.. Min Ah cheated on Kai." he glups, "There were rumors of me, being an acquaintance with the most popular group, Super Junior. Min Ah, was their biggest fan. She would do whatever it takes to get closer to them."

"Wait- wha? What does Super Junior got to do with you guys?" Baekhyun says as he reaches for another cookie.

" Min Ah.. well. She tried to get closer to me.." Taemin's eyes filled with grieve, " Min Ah... She's.. two-faced. Her looks.. can be really really deceiving." Taemin pouted as he picks up his banana milk and takes a sip.

You decided not to ask Taemin any more questions since he looks really depressed.

Its best not to bring up the past, and just focus on the present.

 

"...____, I'm hungry~" Baekhyun whined, "Let's go out and eat somewhere~"

You stared at him, blankly, "Why? Didn’t you just ate cookies already?"

"Cookies aren’t enough~!" Baekhyun looks down, pouting like a child.

"Then let’s just eat here" You stared at him, as he continues to pout.

"Okay."

 

 

Ring~ Taemin's phone was ringing, "Annyeonghaseyo~" he looked frustrated, "..Wait what? Min Ah said what?" he sighed and brushes his bangs aside, " Just come to my work, we could talk about it, okay? Bye."

 

Baekhyun offered to sit near the windows, the table was small and round, with a small decorative flower on the center of it. The other tables had different types of flowers, the table you were sitting at has a rose. It was.. romantic? It wasn't particular a date, just a simple dinner, with a close friend. Yeah.. 

You sat in front of Baekhyun, and watch Baekhyun take the last rice cake. You stare at him chewing the last rice cake, as you place your fork in your mouth backwards.

He finished swallowing the rice cake and looks at you nervously, "Oh.. did you wanted the last one?" You could hear a bit of guilt in his voice.

You smiled awkwardly and looked away, hoping that he didn't see your blush.

You really like to eat tteokbokki, and Baekhyun's tteokbokki was better than the one your maid cooked for you back at home.

Baekhyun stood up, "I'll make some more tteokbokki~" he skips along to the kitchen.

You sat there, blankly staring out the window. You then noticed a boy, with fluffly hair. It reminded you of Kai. Almost everyone you see outside the window, reminds you of Kai. You waited for Baekhyun to make more tteokbokki, to kill time, you took out your ipod and place your earphones on blast until you weren’t able to hear a thing. You liked to leave your music on blast, it makes your equilibrium feel more calm.

 

The door opens, you didn't cared to noticed who it was, as you spaced out with your music. You were deep in thought as the music plays on blast.

"Kai~ Over here~" Taemin waves to him, making him sit on the stool in front of the counter. 

 

You spaced out along with your music. Without thinking, you nod your head along with the beat of the song. The beat of the song changed, and your arm danced to the beat, you started to make your arm dance, like waves. ~( ^ u ^ )~

You aren't particularly the best dancer. Dancing is just something you are just not talented at. You were always able to mentally think, rather than physically expressing yourself.

 

Kai looked over at you, "What the?" he laughed, " That's.. cute." he didn't recognized you, since you weren't facing him.

"Kai, c'mon, we need to talk." Taemin grabbed Kai's shoulder and dragged him further away from you. "So what happened with Min Ah this time..?"

 

 

After long moments of waiting, Baekhyun finally finished making tteokbokki. He pushes the kitchen door with his back, while carrying a large plate of fresh made tteokbokki. You looked at him, you could feel your mouth watering and the sparkles in your eyes as he walks towards you.

Kai turned around and noticed Baekhyun, "Ayoo, it’s Baekhyun! Wassup?”

Baekhyun turned to Kai, "Just having lunch~" He smiled as he turns back to you. You didn't notice Kai at all, the food, was distracting. You could feel the food, calling out to you. 

Kai was shocked, to see Baekhyun, an awkward turtle, eating lunch with a girl. Baekhyun was the most outgoing member in Exo, but whenever he's with girls, he gets extremely flustered.

"Baekhyun-ah~ Is that.. your, GIRLFRIEND?" Kai shouted, in a teasing tone.

Baekhyun looks up, his face red as his eyes extended, "Whaaa? Aniyaa!" He covered his face with his hands, with a fork still in his finger's grip.

You stuffed your face with rice cakes, and turned to look at the person asumming that you were Baekhyun's girlfriend. Your eyes widen, Oh what the heck, Its Kai? 

Your cheeks were still filled with rice cakes. Your puffy stuffed cheeks blushed as Kai looked at you.

At first he was shocked to see you, but then he giggled from the sight of your chubby cheeks. You blushed and turned your view away from Kai and continued to eat.

Aish.. Why does he have to be here. You spaced out as you remembered the scene earlier of Kai and Min Ah. Chills crawled upon your spine once again.

 

Baekhyun looks up at you, with those innocent eyes of his, "Heey, ____. You're not going to eat anymore?" He places a fork filled with rice cakes in front of your lips, "Say aah~" 

You glared at him, then back at the fork. It looks.. so tempting..

Kai, looked at Baekhyun, "What the heck does he think hes doing?!" without a second thought, Kai ran up to the table, grabbed Baekhyun's arm, and fed himself the tteokbokki Baekhyun was trying to feed you. 

Baekhyun and you both turned to Kai, staring blankly at him as he chewed the tteokbokki. 

“Baekhyun makes the best tteokbokki.” Kai says as he wipes the corner of his lips with his fingers.

"Yahhh! Kai!" Baekhyun playfully slaps Kai.

Kai's eyes met yours, "Ah, Sorry, I was hungry." He smirked.

You quickly looked away from his gaze and packed your things, "Ah, I got to be going now, bye." you tried to avoid Kai, as the image of Min Ah haunts you, that cold dark glares of hers~ agioo.

You turned to wave goodbye at Taemin, he returned your wave, as he talks to a customer. Customers were slowly appearing as they noticed Kai and Baekhyun at the cafe. 

 

As you walked through the city, you placed your ear phones on, and set it on blast. As you walked deeper into the city, you could hear a frail voice calling you from afar. Am I hearing things..? Is this Min Ah's voice haunting me? .....

You continued to walk as you felt someone tapping on your shoulder. You slightly jumped as you turned around, seeing Kai smiling besides you. Crud, for a moment I thought it was Min Ah!

You tried to maintain your imagine, "Oh hey.. Since when you were there?" You said as you took one earphone off.

"I was calling you like crazy!" He looked ahead, "I looked like a.. babo." You looked away from him and smiled and continued walking.

He glances over to you, "Hey ___, are you busy right now?" he tries to keep up with your pace.

"Eh? Um.. not exactly, why?" You gave him a quick glance.

"C'mon, let's go somewhere." He walks in front you, expecting you to follow him.

Without a second thought, you followed him as he walks to your high school's campus.

"Why are we here of all places?" You said in disgust, you looked around the schoolyard as people stares at you walking behind Kai.

"Shh." Kai walks down the stairs, you never been in this part of the school. It looks slightly old and abandon. It was dark, you couldn't see where you were going and you accidentally tripped as you missed one of the steps on the stairs. Kai grabbed your arm, helping you stand and slowly reaches for your hands and held it safely in his palm, preventing you from slipping again.

You looked at him surprised, and he smiles in return.

You looked down and blushed, hoping that the hallways would stay dark , so that Kai wouldn’t be able to see your face.

He walks pass by the empty dark halls and paused in front of a door at the end of the halls. He looks at you, "When I don't feel like going to class, I go to this place."

He opens the door, the room was spacious. It was bright, the sunlight naturally brightens the room. It was just a simple dance studio. The room was clean, compared to the hallway, which is dark and creepy. From the looks of it, you could tell that Kai cleaned the studio himself.

 

You looked up at Kai as he walks towards the speakers and plugged in his ipod. He scans through his ipod, and finally chose a song, Mama, a song that Exo had debuted from. You giggled as Kai mouths the parts of the song like a.. dork. You sat there, watching Kai dance to Mama, their signature dance move, as he uses his thumb and presses it against his lips. You tried to attempt doing the same thing, but it didn't look right, you didn't look as cool as Kai had done it. He smiles at your unexpected dorky personality.

 

 

tumblr_m41ctei8G81r2x6rmo2_250.gif

 

Kai's part of the song came up. He playfully screams his part in the song. You stood up and tried to dance Kai's part.

You failed terribly. You aren't the best dancer, and compared to Kai, his dancing was out of your league.

You tripped as you stumbled upon your down leg, which you didn't know it was possible to trip yourself.

Kai bursted out laughing at your ‘dancing skills’, "Agioo! That was horrible!"

You glared at him as he dances. He totally just owned you right there.

"Pfft, whatever show off!" You scoffed as you continued to sit on the floor.

"I'm sorry.." he looks down at you, "for being such a great dancer" he smirks as he reaches out his hand to help you up.

You glare at him and ignored his hand.

Instead, you lay flat on the wooden floor and stared at the ceiling. Kai blanks stares at you as you closed your eyes and to listen to your music.

"Hey.. Let me join you" he lays besides you, and wiggles around to find comfort. You turned to him, he was unexpectedly close. His shoulder was brushing against your sleeves. You tried to ignore it, but your heart beated faster. You could feel your heartbeat getting louder, and hoped that Kai doesn't hear it.

You held out an earphone, "What to hear?"

He looks at you and then grabbed your earphones and places it on his ear. 

"You like classical music?"

"Mhm, they're okay. I like to hear instrumental songs the most." You said, still staring at the ceiling. You could feel Kai's staring at you. You tried to look away, but the urge to look back at him was strong. As soon as you turned around, your eyes met his. This time, his face was too close. 

He smiled. And just with that, you could feel your heart melting. I wish I could tell him that his smile is my favorite thing in the world.

 

 

 

 

tumblr_lquzcivJQi1qbcck4o1_500_large.jpg

I love banana milk~ 

Chapter 9, will come sort of late, so enjoy this chapter~

Guys, omg did you guys heard the song Bounce by JJ Project? At first I was like "Ehh" this song is alright, and i randomly downloaded it and fell in love with it~ ahaha

JB & JR ~ 

I have my Zelo fanfic all figured out, It will be posted someday, so stay tuned~

-Alice <3