Chapter 9

Wishing You Were Here

Yuri and Jessica finally got out of the haunted house and so they headed back to the place where they’ll be meeting Taeyeon and Tiffany. But once they got to the place, Taeyeon and Tiffany was no where in sight.

“Hmm, do you think they’re still on the ride?” Yuri asked.

“Maybe. Let’s wait for them, here.” Jessica suggested.

“Jessica, you have a really sweet voice, you should talk more often.” Yuri said as she looks at Jessica.

“I’m not interested in anything nor do I care about anything to say anything.” Jessica responded.

“Well, at least you’re talking to me now.” Yuri smiled.

Yuri’s words seem to shock the emotionless Jessica. She’s right. Besides Tiffany, I usually don’t talk to anyone. And why is she trying so hard to talk to me when I’ve been so cold to her. Jessica thought as she reply, “`Because you ask too many questions!”

The sight of the normally quiet and emotionless Jessica getting frustrated made Yuri smiles. And as Yuri look around she saw Taeyeon and Tiffany walk out from the rollercoaster ride. They seem very happy and are talking and smiling to each other. “Ya! Over here!” She yells to get Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s attention.

“The ride was really fun, you guys totally missed out!” Tiffany stated.

“Yeah. Tiffany and I had so much fun.” Taeyeon commented, “So how was the castle thing that you guys went to?” Taeyeon added.

Both Yuri and Jessica looked at each other with the I-don’t-want-to-let-them-know-that-we-were-scared look. “It was ok. Nothing too exciting, but like Jessica said it was cooler than standing outside.” Yuri said. “So I see that you guys are fine now?” Yuri asked trying to change the subject.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and finally realizes how she was talking and laughing with Tiffany the whole time. “I guess so.” She replies as she notices Tiffany’s face brighten.

“That’s good to hear.” Yuri said then she noticed how Jessica was staring at the food court. “Hmm…I’m getting hungry. Let’s eat over there in the food court.

Everyone agrees with Yuri and headed over to the food court. There they got their food and sat down at a table. Taeyeon and Yuri on one side facing Tiffany and Jessica on the other.

“Today was really fun!” Tiffany asserted as she took a bite into her food.

“Yeah, it was. I’m glad we got to do something like this before school starts.” Taeyeon agreed.

“What about you, Jessica? Still preferred to stay back at the dorm?” Yuri teased. Although she did have a bit of fun, Jessica nodded to confirm her anti-social life style.

“I’m going to use the restroom so would you guys excuse me.” Tiffany said then smiles. But as she was about to leave, a guy bumped into her from the back. It caused her to lose her balance and fell forward toward Taeyeon, who at the time was drinking her cup of water. The falling Tiffany knocked over the cup and splashed water all over Taeyeon’s face. “Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to!” Tiffany quickly apologizes. But is that enough?

“Ya! Hwang Tiffany!” Taeyeon screams as she wipes her face with a napkin. “You’re so dead.” She added.

“Uh oh.” Tiffany let out as she ran for her life while Taeyeon ran after her with a cup of water.

“Ya! Come back here!” Taeyeon shouts as she chased after Tiffany. They went round and round and round then finally Taeyeon caught up to Tiffany and pour the cup of water over Tiffany’s head.

“Ya! It wasn’t even my fault!” Tiffany yelled back as she wipes the water off her face and saw Taeyeon sticks her tongue out. “If I don’t get you back, I’m not Tiffany!” And with that Tiffany chased Taeyeon back to their table.

“Kids, stop playing around.” Yuri shouted.

“Ya, we’re even now. Stop chasing me!” Taeyeon screamed.

“Fine!” Tiffany said. And as they both return to the table, Tiffany secretly pour water on her bottle’s cap. She waited till Taeyeon sat down then splashed it in her face. “Now, we’re even.” Then both she and Taeyeon stick their tongues out to each other.

“If I didn’t know better, I would think that you guys had been friends for a while.” Yuri chuckled at the sight in front of her.

“If you’re going to be her friend, you have to prepare your mentality.” Jessica said. Woah, she actually used sarcasm this time. Is she finally opening up to Yuri and Taeyeon?

“What mentality?” Clueless of what Jessica is trying to say, Tiffany asked.

“That she’s going to be annoyed to death like me.” Jessica added.

“Jessica!” Tiffany grumbled.

By the way Jessica talked today Yuri let out a smile on her face. She’s finally open herself up to us. Yuri thought.

***

It is now 10 PM and the girls have all showered and were getting ready to sleep. When Tiffany saw Jessica get on her bed, she took the wrapped box and walk in the bath room. She knocks on the door to Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s side and waited till someone opens the door. It was Taeyeon, the person who Tiffany was hoping to see.

“Come in here, I have something for you. And close the door.” Tiffany said softly, not trying to wake anyone up.

“What is it?” Taeyeon got in the bath room and closed the door behind her. “Are you trying to be y in here?” Taeyeon joked.

“Yes.” Tiffany replied causing Taeyeon’s eyes to widen. “Just kidding.” She said and smiled at Taeyeon’s reaction. “Here, I got something for you.” Tiffany handed the wrapped box to Taeyeon.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked as she took the box.

“Open it.”

And so Taeyeon unwraps the box and discovers a new phone box. It wasn’t the newest style like the iphone but it was still very high-tech. Taeyeon was surprised when she saw the box then look at Tiffany. “What’s the meaning of this?” She asked.

“It’s for you. Since I made you lose your phone, I’m giving you another phone.” Tiffany explained.

“I can’t take this. It looks expensive. Besides, you didn’t have to buy me another phone. Although I said all those things, I didn’t expect you to buy me a new phone.” Taeyeon said.

“Just take is as my Christmas, Birthday, and New Year gift for you. Since I don’t have anymore money to buy you more gifts.” Tiffany frowns.

Taeyeon chuckled. “Ya, Tiffany. You’re so weird. Ok, I’ll take it.” She replied.

“And you have to use it.” Tiffany added.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes. “You’re so much troubles. Fine.” Taeyeon said then opens the box and takes out the phone. She turns the phone on then asked “What’s your number?” Tiffany grabbed the phone and saved her number in Taeyeon’s new phone phonebook. “Fany?” Taeyeon asked looking at the name Tiffany has saved herself under.

“Uh huh.” Tiffany nodded then did her signature move “Fany Fany Tiffany!” Then she smiles again.

Taeyeon couldn’t hold in her laughter and laughed. “Ya, Tiffany. You’re supposed to be going to college?” Taeyeon joked causing Tiffany to stick her tongue out.

“Meany. Well, I’m going to sleep.” Tiffany said as she turns towards her bathroom door.

“Thanks, by the way.” Taeyeon added just before Tiffany opens the bathroom door. And so Tiffany turned around and gave Taeyeon another smile then return to her room.