Chapter 35

Wishing You Were Here

OMG sorrrrry i had put chapter 35 on chapter 34 page >_<

 

After Tiffany stormed off, she went off campus to the mall. She wandered around and around the mall until late at night. By the time she returns to university, she saw Taeyeon sitting on a bench.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon called as she stands up and ran over to Tiffany. It seems like she has been sitting on the bench waiting for Tiffany the whole day. “Tiffany, let me explain.”

“Look, I don’t hate anyone as of right now, so don’t be the first person.” Tiffany stated pushing Taeyeon aside.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon yelled and ran in front of Tiffany. “Please, just hear me out.” She said.

“I’ll give you thirty seconds.” Tiffany stated.

“Come on, Tiffany. Don’t be like this.” Taeyeon protested.

“Twenty five seconds.”

“Fine. At first I didn’t know that you like me. And after everything I wanted to treat you better but someone challenged my feelings for you. And I…I wasn’t confident enough to say that I do actually like you…but now I know. I’m sure of it. Tiffany, I like you.” Taeyeon claimed.

“Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany chuckled in sarcasm. “Please stop messing around with me. One day you tell me you hate me. Then you wanted to be ‘back to before’. And the next day you just avoided me. And now you tell me that you like me?! Any sane person would have stopped believing your words a long time ago. Only the idiot like me believed you for the longest time. Now, please leave me alone.” Tiffany exclaimed and walked away.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon shouted but Tiffany continues to walk away.

***

Exactly how Tiffany had said it, she wasn’t going to speak to Taeyeon again. The next few days of school, she did not talk to Taeyeon or even take a glance at her while Taeyeon was always gazing over at Tiffany.

“Give her some time,” Yuri said patting on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Maybe she doesn’t like me anymore. Maybe I should just give up.” Taeyeon replied softly lowering her head.

***

“Yuri ah,” Taeyeon called peaking her head in through the bathroom doors of Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room.

“Yuri went to get some food for me,” Jessica replied while lying on her bed reading a book.

“Oh…” Taeyeon nodded in acknowledgement as she scans around the room. Something suddenly caught her eyes, they were two large pink suitcases by Tiffany’s bed. “Is she going somewhere?” She asked.

“She’s going back to the States.”

“What?!”

“What do you think? After all this drama she’s been through with you, of course she would want to go back to the States.” Jessica stated coldly still sitting on her bed.

“When is she leaving?!”

“Next week, when the semester ends.”

After hearing Jessica’s words, Taeyeon was blown away. She walked back to her room without saying anything back to Jessica. Just mindlessly, she walks back to her room. She must hate me a lot now. I should just leave her alone. Taeyeon thought.

“Taeyeon, you were looking for me?” Yuri asked coming from Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room.

“Tiffany, she’s going back to the States, isn’t she?” Taeyeon asked still sitting on her bed mindlessly. “She’s leaving because of me?”

“Ya, Kim Taeyeon. Don’t tell me you’re just going to give her up like that. After all you guys have been through? After you realize that you like her?” Yuri questioned challenging Taeyeon.

“Well, if she hates me, I should just give up.” Taeyeon replied.

“If you don’t try, how do you know she doesn’t still like you?! You’re always like that, yet you never try to apologize to her and show her that you’re sincere.” Yuri exclaimed shaking her head at Taeyeon. “I’m going back to Jessica now, you should think about how you can apologize to Tiffany.” She added before leaving Taeyeon in the room

Yuri is right, I should try to apologize to her again. More serious and sincere. Taeyeon thought and snapped her fingers. She then jumps off from her bed, quickly gets dressed, and left the room.

***

“Hi, welcome to our restaurant. I’m Wenting, and I will be your waitress tonight.” A waitress said welcoming the lonely Tiffany into the restaurant. “Is it just you tonight?” She asked.

“Yes, I’m just alone tonight. Actually, I think you were our waitress last time too. I remember you.” Tiffany stated as she sits down at a table that was guided by the waitress named Wenting.

“Oh really, I think I remember you too. So, what can I get you tonight?” Wenting asked taking out her writing pad and took Tiffany’s order.

As she sat waiting for her food, her phone suddenly vibrated. You got a new text message. Tiffany read to herself. It was from Taeyeon. Can you give me one last chance to show you my sincerity? Meet me at the place where you first met me at 8:00 tonight. Rain or shine, I will be there waiting until you show up. Tiffany read the message. “What does she want now?” She asked and rolled her eyes then glancing at the clock in the restaurant. It was 7:00 PM.

“Here’s your food, enjoy!” Wenting stated as she place the plate down on the table with a smile. “If you need anything else, just call me over.” She added before leaving Tiffany alone.

It took Tiffany about half an hour to finish eating. And after leaving the restaurant, she headed to the mall to wander around. As she wanders around from store to store at the mall, she came across an electronic store. She went it to check out the itouch that she has always wanted to buy. But before reaching to the itouch section, she came across a TV that was broadcasting the weather channel.

“It’s predicted that there will be a 90% chance of rain within a couple of hours. So if you really need to leave the house, please do so carefully.”

“I’m sure she’s not that dumb.” Tiffany mumbled and continues to walk towards the itouch section.

***

While Tiffany was wandering around the mall, Taeyeon was sitting on a bench at the stated location waiting for Tiffany the whole time. It has already past 8 but Tiffany was no where in sight but she continues to wait. It was cold. Although Taeyeon was in her big coat, she was freezing while sitting there waiting for Tiffany. And as she continues to sit there, she felt droplets of water on back of her hand. By the time she looks up to the sky, a heavy rain has already poured down on her.

“Oh no, my drawings!” Taeyeon exclaims as she gets up from where she’s sitting to cover up the drawings she has drawn with chalk on the sidewalk. But the rain was too hard for her little body to cover her numerous drawings that are all scattered around. “If only I brought an umbrella.” She muttered under her breath still trying to cover her drawings.

After a while, she gave up on trying to cover up the drawings and sat back down the bench hugging herself in the rain. “Tiffany can come at any moment now, so I can’t leave. I’m sure she’s going to be here soon. I’m sure.” She mumbles as her body trembles in the freezing cold weather.

***

“Jessica ah…” Yuri called. She was lying on Tiffany’s bed while Jessica was reading her book on her bed again.

“Hmm?”

“I’m bored.” Yuri stated then slowly climbs on Jessica’s bed lying next to her. “What are you reading?”

“A book.”

“What is it about?”

“Stuff.”

“How about you give me a kiss?”

“Okay.” Jessica replied without even thinking. “Wait. What did you just ask me?” She asked turning over to face Yuri but all Yuri did was smiling. “What?”

“No one’s home, Jessica. We should…do something.” Yuri suggested giving Jessica a wink.

“…like what?...”

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“Read?”

Yuri just rolled her eyes at Jessica’s answer then grabbed the book from Jessica’s hand. “No more reading for you tonight.” She stated placing the book on the table next to the bed.

“Yuri ah…if you get me food, I’ll give you a kiss.”

“What?” Yuri asked. “You’re always using me, this is no fair.” She complains shaking her head.

“It’s a fair trade.” Jessica stated with her mischievous smile. “Food for a kiss.”

“I really wonder if you like me or food more.” Yuri stated in disappointment as she gets up from the bed.

“Ya…Yuri ah…” Jessica whines pulling Yuri back down on the bed. “Food is essential to my life and so are you. Is that a good enough answer for you?” She stated pulling Yuri’s face closer to her own. Looking into Yuri’s eyes, she gave Yuri a smile before reaching for a light kiss on her lips.

“Jessica ah, do you think Tiffany would mind if I spend the night here?” She asked as she lies down next to Jessica putting herself under Jessica’s blanket.

“Kwon Yuri, trying to take advantage of me again?”