Chapter 8

Wishing You Were Here

Knock. Knock. Knock. Someone was knocking on the doors of Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room, disturbing the two sleepy heads. It was about 8:30 AM.

Tiffany was too excited last night that she didn’t sleep till 2 in the morning thus she is really tired and does not wish to be awakened. Jessica didn’t stay up that late but since she’s the sleeping beauty, she never wishes to be awakened.

“Jessica, answer the door,” Tiffany whines as she covers her face with her blanket.

“No, you go.” Jessica replied as she went back to sleep.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Someone knocked again.

“Aish!” Tiffany grumbles as she gets on her feet and headed for the door a quarter awake three quarters asleep. “Who is it?” She opens the door…only to find that no one’s there. “UGH.” Tiffany, frustrated went back to her bed when she heard the knocking again. “Who is it?!” Tiffany screamed as she headed for the door again.

“It’s me Yuri,” Yuri’s voice was heard. But when Tiffany opens the door, no one was there.

“Yuri, don’t play games with me. Where are you?” The furious and tired Tiffany yelled.

“Over here, in the bathroom.” Yuri said.

Tiffany closed the front door then walked towards the bathroom door. Once she opens the door she finds Yuri standing there. “What is it, Yuri?” Tiffany asked making a face.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you guys up? I thought you guys would be up by now. You look very tired what did you do last night?” Yuri asked as she saw Tiffany’s pair of panda eyes.

“I was on the computer last night and didn’t sleep till 2, and our sleeping beauty over there doesn’t usually wake up till a minute before we go somewhere.” Tiffany said as she wipes her eyes.

“Well, I just wanted to invite you guys to have breakfast with us.” Yuri said.

“I’m ready!” Jessica shouted as she walked towards the bathroom where Tiffany and Yuri were standing.

“Woah.” Yuri commented as she laughs along with Tiffany. “Yeah, I almost forgot that she loves food.” She smiled again looking at Jessica wiping her eyes. Though she looks sleepy, she rather eats then to continue sleeping. She is odd…but unique in a way. Yuri thought. “So I guess you guys are going?”

Tiffany yawns as she stretches her arms out and said “I guess so. We’ll meet you guys at the door in 5 minutes.”

“Ok.” Yuri respond then went back to her room so Tiffany and Jessica could wash up and get ready.

Within 5 minutes Tiffany and Jessica changed, washed up, and went to Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s room through the bathroom doors.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked as she looks around the room. And finally her eyes came across the iphone box on Taeyeon’s table.

“Ah, Taeyeon went to the convenient store close by to buy a few things. She’ll meet us down in the cafeteria in a bit.” Yuri said as she brushes her hair while facing the mirror.

“Who’s iphone is this?” Tiffany asked as she picks up the box.

“Oh, Junsu gave it to Taeyeon…well he didn’t give it to her…he shoved it to her without letting her reject it. Taeyeon didn’t want it since she thinks it would only give him hope.”

She didn’t want to accept it? But she looked so happy to me when he gave it to her. Tiffany thought.

Yuri replied as she walks towards Jessica who was standing there quietly again. “I’m still amazed by how you can wake up that fast.” She joked.

“Food is the magic alarm to me, that’s all.” Jessica replied.

“Ok, let’s go!” Tiffany suggested.

When Tiffany Yuri and Jessica arrived at the cafeteria, they saw Taeyeon heading towards their way.

“Hey guys,” Taeyeon said as she walks over.

And so they ate breakfast and started to head back towards their room when Yuri suggested that they should all go to the theme park. How could Tiffany refuse such a chance to play around? She quickly agrees with Yuri. Taeyeon also wanted to have some fun so she said she would go. Jessica’s the only one left that didn’t feel too great about going.

“It’s going to be really hot,” Jessica said though she knows there was no way Tiffany would let her off the hook.

“Jessica, come on go with us.” Tiffany said.

“Yeah, Jessica go with us,” Yuri said then she thought of something “there are going to be lots of food there. And we’ll go to dinner right afterward.”

“Ok, I’m in.” Jessica replied.

“Good job, Yuri!” then Tiffany did a high five with Yuri. “You’ve already figure out how to deal with our sleeping beauty.” She joked.

***
“Hey, let’s go on that ride!” Taeyeon excited pointed to the rollercoaster.

“I’ve had enough of intense rollercoaster today.” Yuri shook her head and refused to go.

“I don’t want to go either. It’s getting too hot, I want to go in the castle over there. It looks cooler.” Jessica said as she pointed the castle.

“I’ll go with you, Taeyeon. I want to go on this ride too.” Tiffany said. There is no ride on the world that she would say no to.

“Well then, I’ll go with Jessica to the castle while you guys go on the rollercoaster. We’ll meet again here after we’re done with our rides, how about that?” Yuri suggested.

“Yeah, that sounds good. Let’s go then.” Taeyeon said as she and Tiffany gets in line for the rollercoaster ride while Yuri and Jessica head towards the castle.

Since today is a weekday, there weren’t many people so the line did not take long. After the ride was over, Taeyeon and Tiffany walked out with a smile on their faces.

“That was a really cool ride.” Tiffany said.

“Wanna go again?” Taeyeon excitedly suggested. Tiffany nodded and they both went in for another time on the rollercoaster.

***
The castle that Jessica wanted to go to was actually a haunted house attraction. But they did not know since they went in without looking at the sign.

“It is much cooler in here,” Jessica said.

“Yeah, but isn’t it a bit too cool?” Yuri questioned.

Suddenly, a fake skeleton falls down from the ceiling in front of their faces causing both Yuri and Jessica to scream their heads off and jumped into each other’s arms. After 10 seconds, they calmed down and looked at each other but still not dare to move. Yuri was brave enough to look at the skeleton and noticed it was fake.

“It’s fake.” Yuri said…then slowly Jessica lets go of Yuri. “I think we’re in some sort of haunted house.” Then she looked around and saw a sign, and read it aloud “You may not turn around. You can only proceed. But if you are already too scared to continue, the exit door is to your left.” Yuri turns to her left and spot a door that’s marked “exit”. “The exit is this way, do you want to go on or get out?” Yuri asked.

“Let’s get out. It’s scary in here.” Jessica replied causing Yuri to chuckle.

As cold and odd of a person she is, it’s interesting to see her scared face. Yuri thought as she smiled and exit through the door with Jessica.