Chapter 30

Wishing You Were Here

Well, it has been a good two weeks since Taeyeon and Tiffany apologized to each other in the bathroom. Everything, well most of everything went back to normal. They all went to school, then tennis practice, then ate, and sleep. The only difference is that, Tiffany was no longer Taeyeon’s double partner due to the argument that took place two weeks ago. The coach had commanded that Taeyeon and Tiffany play singles now when Sunye and Sunmi play doubles. Another difference is that Tiffany and Taeyeon were stopped seeing around together like they used to be. Everyone knew that they had “broken up.”

With those changes Taeyeon and Tiffany had separated into two different friend groups. Taeyeon continued to be with Sunny and Sooyoung while Tiffany had Jessica. Yoona and her roommate Seohyun, occasionally switch back and forth between Taeyeon’s group and Tiffany’s group because of Yuri. Taeyeon is still Yuri’s close friend and roommate so it was logical that she would be with her group. As for Tiffany’s group, of course it was because Yuri is now Tiffany’s close friends, and not just because of Jessica or so she claims.

But whether it was because of guilt, curiosity, or other causes, it seems like Taeyeon had take numerous glances at Tiffany. To her, it felt very different since Tiffany used to be by her side twenty four seven for the past couple of months and now they barely talk to each other. It took her a while to get used to it as it shows her typical day life.

***A few days ago***

Today was a Saturday and Yuri seems like she wasn’t in the room. Taeyeon however was still lying on her bed since it was only about 8:30, too early for a student to wake up on a Saturday. After a while, Taeyeon slowly wipes her eyes and sat up on her bed. Then as she pulls the blanket off herself, she noticed her pajamas were of Hello Kitty.

“Omo, I can’t let Tiffany rush in her and see me in this. She’ll laugh at me for the rest of the day like last time_” Taeyeon mumbled to herself when it dawn on her. “Oh wait, Tiffany no longer walk pass that bathroom doors.”

***Another Day***

While playing games on her laptop, Taeyeon suddenly yelled out “Tiffany ah, can you get me something to drink?” She must be so into the game that she didn’t know that no one was actually in the room. As she continued to play the game for another few minutes, she paused and looks up to find no one was in the room. “It would have very embarrassing if she heard me.” Taeyeon mumbled then continued wit her game again.

***

Tennis practice was just called over by the coaches and all the players began to pack up. Tiffany quickly joins Yuri and Jessica after she finished putting all her stuff. As they started to head back home, Tiffany noticed some guy was running towards them.

“Hey! You’re Tiffany, right?” The guy asked.

“Aren’t you our number one men player?” Yuri asked recognizing him.

Nodding his head the guy introduced himself “I’m Donghae by the way.” Then stick his hand out to Tiffany waiting for a handshake.

“Hi! Yes, I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany replied with enthusiasm then shook his hand.

“Um…I know this is sudden but…” Donghae suddenly started to trembles and stuttered in his own words. “I wanted to ask if you and your friends want to join my friend and I for a dinner tonight.”

“Dinner? Hmm…what do you guys think?” Tiffany asked turning to Jessica and Yuri.

“I’ll go if there’s food.” Jessica replied with a grin.

“I guess I’ll join too.” Yuri added.

“Ok…um. So I’ll see you girls at the school gate at 7, ok?” Donghae asked. “Well my friend is waiting for me, so I’ll see you later.” He said then left to catch up with his friend.

***

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked seeing Yuri was getting ready while sitting on her bed trying to do an assignment from school.

“Dinner. This Donghae guy asked Tiffany and us to join him and his friend for dinner.” Yuri responded while staring at the mirror trying to put on her make up.

“Donghae? Our number one men player?”

“Yeah, him. He’s good at playing tennis and he’s cute. I think he has something for Tiffany.” Yuri said still fixing herself up using the mirror. “But you wouldn’t care, would you?” She added.

“Why do you always have to bring that up?” Taeyeon petitioned and showed signs of annoyance. “Well you guys have fun then.” She added then went back to her assignments.

***

“Oh, I forgot to introduce. This is my friend, Changmin.” Donghae said while sitting down at the table with Tiffany, Yuri, Jessica and his friend, Changmin.

“Uh, hello.” He greeted shyly.

“And this is Tiffany.” Donghae said pointing to Tiffany. After introducing Tiffany, Donghae scratches his head looking at Jessica and Yuri.

Believes that Donghae doesn’t actually know their name, Yuri introduced herself. “Hi, I’m Yuri. And this is_”

“I’m Jessica. Nice to meet you both.” She interrupted then introduced herself with a smile. Soon after that she felt her phone vibrated. She just got a text from Yuri. Why did I have to bribe you for that smile before? She read the text to herself then looks at Yuri who was sitting next to her. She smiled then texted Yuri back.

Because you’ve already melt the ice in me. Yuri read the text and rolled her eyes. Me, or the guy in front of you? He has been staring at you ever since we sat down. And so have you. Yuri typed up the text and sent it to Jessica.

“Ya, what are you guys doing? Texting each other now, eh?” Tiffany asked noticing Yuri’s and Jessica’s odd behaviors.

“No, I’m texting Yoona.” Yuri replied then turned to Jessica when she added “She wants to spend time with me.” Causing Jessica to roll her eyes at Yuri.

“Hi, I’m Wenting.” A waitress interrupted. “I’ll be your waitress for tonight. May I take your orders?” she asked standing next to their table with a writing pad then carefully taking down all the food that are being ordered. “Your orders will be right out in just a moment.” She smiled then rushes back to the kitchen with the orders.

“So Tiffany, you’re from the States?” Donghae asked looking at Tiffany who’s in front of him.

“Yeah, can you tell by my accent?” Tiffany replied smiling shyly at her bad Hangul. “A lot of people make fun of my accent.” She added.

“Really? No…I think it’s cute.” Donghae remarked and smiled back at Tiffany.

“See, Jessica? He said my accent is cute.”

“Whatever.”

“Tiffany, are you always this outgoing to people you’ve just met?” Seeing how Tiffany acts in front of him, Donghae asked.

“I like talking to people.” She replied with her smiley eyes.

“Your friends must feel great to have you as a friend then.” Donghae complimented only to find Jessica’s sarcasm to follow.

“Imagine her always smiling and talkative to you twenty four seven. I wouldn’t think it’s a great thing.”

“Hey…” Tiffany whines.

“Hey, we’re planning on going to the movies after this. Would you girls like to join us?” Changmin asked, after seating there quietly for a while. Although he addressed the question to the girls, he was looking directly Jessica when asking the question.

“Yeah, I’d love to!” Tiffany excitedly responded. Obviously the hyperactive Tiffany is back though she might not be as hyper as used to.

“Yeah, I’ll join you guys too.” Jessica said.

After their food came out they ate and carried on with their conversation as they eat. Donghae continued to talk to Tiffany and she is willing to keep him company. Jessica was actually participating in most of the conversation, especially those with Changmin. Yuri was the only one that wasn’t talking much and only watched over Jessica’s and Changmin’s conversation. Finally they finished their food and headed out of the restaurant.

“Actually, I think I’m not going to the movies.” Yuri stated once they were outside of the restaurant. Then looking at Jessica she added, “Yoona wants me to hang out with her.”

“Aww well, tell Yoona I said hi.” Tiffany said waving goodbye to Yuri.

“Bye guys. Have fun.” Yuri waved then started to head home.

Yoona actually never said anything about wanting Yuri to hang out with her. In fact, Yuri never got any text message from Yoona at all. She just didn’t want to see Jessica and Changmin together. And after walking for five minutes, she found herself at a park nearby the school. As she was about to sit down on a bench she heard someone’s voice.

“Kwon Yuri, you are a jerk.” To her surprise, when Yuri turned around she saw Jessica there with hands on her waist.

“I thought you’re going to the movies with Changmin and them?” Yuri asked.

Jessica rolled her eyes as she walks closer to Yuri. “If you don’t want me here, I can go back.” She said.

“Then go back.”

“Fine.” Jessica responded then turned back around.

“Ya!” Yuri shouted. “But I want you here…with me.” She added.

Jessica turned around and shook her head. “I don’t want to be here…” She said. “I want to be home.”

Yuri smiled then responded with “Fine, let’s go home.”

“You need to stop getting jealous over so little things.” Jessica stated on their way home. “And you said you wanted me to be more social. How can I be if you get jealous over anyone I talk to?”

“Who told you I was jealous? Jealous of what? Why should I be jealous?” Yuri denied by asking Jessica back.

“Whatever.”

As they continue to walk home, they saw a couple walking together holding each other’s hands. Yuri bit her lips then looked at Jessica. She was sure Jessica saw the couple too, but would it too sudden if I held her hand? Yuri thought. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath then slowly moves her right hand towards Jessica’s left hand. She paused for a bit, reassuring her decision. Then she took another deep breath before sliding her fingers between Jessica’s. After getting a firm grip on Jessica’s hand, Yuri closed her eyes waiting for any sudden or dramatic reaction to hit her. But there wasn’t anything like that. Yuri opened her eyes and found Jessica lowered her head with a smile on her face. Seeing Jessica smiled, Yuri knew she Jessica also felt the same way. She smiled then continued to walk back to their dorm hand-in-hand with Jessica.