Chapter 23

Wishing You Were Here

And Yuri kept her promised and treats Jessica to another ice cream cone. They decided that it was already late and started to head home while Jessica eats her ice cream cone on the way home.

"So now that you can say such sweet and friendly greetings, you should say it more often." Yuri stated as she walks side by side with Jessica.

"Eh? You wish. I only did it because you blackmailed me." Jessica responded and her ice cream cone.

Yuri rolled her eyes at Jessica’s response. "Oh my gosh, Jessica! Look at that huge cucumber!" Yuri shouted and pointed to her left side.

"Ahhhh!" Jessica screamed and closed her eyes. "Don't get it near me!"

"Oh sorry, I was only kidding." Yuri chuckled then grabbed the ice cream cone from Jessica's hand while her eyes were closed.

"Ya! Kwon Yuri! How dare you trick me?!" Jessica yelled and chased after Yuri who stuck her tongue out to her. "Give me my ice cream back! YA!"

Yuri turned around and saw Jessica was only a few feet away from her looking furious. "Oh shoot." She breathed then continues to run. "Catch me if you can!" She yelled.

"Ah!" Jessica yelled.

By the time Yuri turned her head around, Jessica was already on the ground. "Jessica, what's wrong?!" She yelled and quickly runs back to Jessica. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Yuri asked worriedly kneeled down at the same level as Jessica.

"You're not the only one who knows how you use trick." Jessica announced as she snatched the ice cream cone from Yuri’s hand and pushes the worried Yuri on the ground. Seeing Yuri's hit the floor, she sticks out her tongue and finishes her ice cream. Yuri didn't respond and only shows signs of pain. "Ya, Yuri. Don't play tricks on me again." Jessica said poking Yuri.

"I think I sprained my ankle. No, I think YOU sprained my ankle." Yuri replied as she tries to stand up. Unfortunately she wasn't able to but luckily Jessica caught Yuri in time. "And now I can't walk." She added staring at Jessica.

"Ya, I didn't mean to...I just wanted my ice cream back. It's your fault for tricking me...Fine, here. Let me carry you back." Jessica offered with a guilty face. Yuri didn't mind it at all and got on Jessica's back.

Ha! You think you can beat me at playing tricks? Yuri thought as she smirked at her smartness.

***

"Do you ever eat? You're so light." Jessica commented as she carries Yuri in the room.

"Ya, Yuri. What happened to you? Why are you on Jessica's back?" Tiffany, who was still in the room, asked when she saw Yuri and Jessica came in the room.

"Oh. Jessica just loves me a lot and offered me a piggy ride back here. Nothing is wrong with me, see?" Yuri claimed then hops off of Jessica's back and sat on her bed.

"OooOh. You tricked me again!!!" Jessica yelled pointed her index finger at Yuri who stuck her tongue out.

"Jessica, is that you?" Tiffany asked curiously and placed her hand on Jessica's forehead. "You're actually playing around with Yuri?"

Jessica stared at Tiffany's hand on her forehead then looked back at Yuri. "I wasn't playing around. She was just treating me to ice cream." Jessica replied and shoves Tiffany's hand off her forehead. "I'm going to sleep now." She said walking back to her room.

When Tiffany noticed Jessica had gone through the bathroom doors, she looked at Yuri. "Treating her to ice cream? And you tell me you don't like her?"

Tiffany refused to return to her room and fell asleep as she waits for Taeyeon to return. Yuri also fell asleep as it was getting late.

Taeyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung actually decided to go to a noraebang (karaoke), thus returning later than expected. By the time she was in her room, Taeyeon saw Tiffany sleeping on her bed.

"Ya, Tiffany." Taeyeon whispered in Tiffany's ear as she pats her shoulder.

Tiffany yawned then slowly opens her eyes. "Taeyeon!" She said excitedly, almost shouting out loud.

"What are you doing on my bed?" Taeyeon asked in a lowly tone not wanting to wake Yuri up.

"Waiting for you of course since you told me not to call you back." Tiffany answered with a pout on her face.

"Eh?" Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief. "Well, I'm back now. So go back to your room and sleep." She demanded.

"Fine."

***

"Ya, why are you acting like this?" Taeyeon asked as she eats her breakfast sitting across from Tiffany. Besides her was Yuri and Jessica was across from Yuri. "I just went out with my friends. Do I need to report everything to you?" She questioned with much annoyance.

"I...I was just...worried." Tiffany replied trying to hide her jealousy towards Sunny. "I'm sorry, ok?" She smiled nervously trying to make up for what she did.

Taeyeon shook her head. "Always smiling. I don't know if I should consider that a good thing or not." She remarked at the smiling Tiffany.

"Ya. You better watch yourself. I might be the only good thing that will happen in your life. And once you lose me, you will regret everything you have and haven’t done to me." Tiffany responded with much confidence and smirked. Taeyeon, on the other hand, just rolled her eyes at Tiffany carried on with her breakfast. "Well, I need to use the restroom, so I'll be back in a bit." Tiffany said with a smile then stood up.

After a while a group of random guys approached their table.

"So where's your little girlfriend?" A random guy mocked Taeyeon as he and a group of other guys walked pass Taeyeon.

"Shut up." She replied.

"Yeah, aren't you guys together twenty four seven? Day AND night?" Another boy from the group mocked Taeyeon and laughed with the rest of the group.

"I said shut up already." Taeyeon affirmed with anger in her tone. Ugh, these boys are so immature. And it's all Tiffany's fault for causing so much drama in my freshman year. Taeyeon thought.

"Why, aren't we saying the truth?"

Jessica was about to stand up and give the guy a slap across the face when Yuri held her back shaking her head. "Taeyeon, are you just going to let them talk like that?" Jessica asked with a yelling tone towards Taeyeon but Taeyeon didn't say anything. Jessica felt mad that the very person that Tiffany loves so much is not doing anything about the situation, even if they were talking about Tiffany.

"And who are you? Her other girlfriend?" Another guy joked and laughed away at Jessica's face.

This time, Yuri had put up with all the remarks and softly said. "Ok, that's it." It was so soft that no one actually understood what she said until she stood up and splashed her glass of milk into the guy's face, the one that made fun of Jessica. "You GIRLS better learn how respect other people." She raised her voice screaming directly into the guy's face. She was mad. She was really mad. The glare that she gave that boy probably left a huge mark in his life since he just stood there and swallowed hard then ran away. The tension grew and all eyes were on Yuri.

"You! You better watch yourself." Another guy from the group warned pointing his finger at Yuri. Then they all turn around and left.

"That's what you get for making fun of my Jes_" Yuri paused, "my friends." She corrected herself. Once she turned around, she noticed that both Jessica and Taeyeon were staring at her. "What?" She asked innocently with a nervous smile then sat back down at the table.

"You were...great." Taeyeon said still staring at Yuri in disbelief of what she has just seen.

"Yeah..." Jessica agreed.

"Hey, I'm back!" Tiffany excitedly shouted then sat down across from Taeyeon. Seeing how unexcited the girls look, Tiffany questioned. "What's wrong? Did something happen while I was away?"

"Nothing." Jessica replied. "I'm going back to the dorm now. I can't stand the sight of someone, right now." She left the cold remark then left.

"Jessica!" Tiffany called but did not get a respond. "What happened?"

"I'm going back to my room too." Taeyeon stated then stood up from the table and headed back to the dorm.

"Can someone tell me what just happened?" Tiffany questioned looking back and forth at Taeyeon who was leaving and Yuri.

"It's nothing. Come on. Let's go back too, Tiffany." Yuri suggested then grabbed Tiffany's hand and the two headed back to the dorm.

Tiffany decided that maybe it wasn't the right time to ask and kept her quiet. So everyone went back to their room, even Tiffany. She knew it’s not the best time to bother Taeyeon, especially after what she did last night, so she stayed in her room with Jessica.