Chapter 12

Wishing You Were Here

After Tiffany finished washing up she came back to the room to wake Jessica up.

“Jessica, wake up.” Tiffany said shaking Jessica’s body. Without permission, Tiffany pulls Jessica up and dragged her to the bathroom. Suddenly Yuri opens the door. “Yuri ah, can you help me wake Jessica up? I know you’re really good at it.” Tiffany asked.

Yuri stared at the sleeping Jessica on the floor and mocked, “I think she would prefer Taeyeon to wake her up, than me.” Then she walks out of the bathroom. She must still be suspecting something ever since last night.

At the time Taeyeon came in the bathroom and heard what Yuri said. “What are you talking about?” She asked.

“You know what I’m talking about.” Yuri added as she steps out of the bathroom leaving Tiffany and Taeyeon in the bathroom with their clueless face. Oh, and the sleeping beauty is still on the floor…sleeping.

Tiffany then turns to Jessica and shouted, “Jessica! If you don’t wake up, I’m going to stuff cucumbers in your mouth!”

“Ya! How dare you?! Don’t you know how much I hate cucumbers?!” Jessica shouted back as she stood up.

“Hurry up and get ready already.” Tiffany added, “I have to go somewhere a bit. Once I get back you must be ready.”

“Ok, ok already.” Jessica complains as she washes her face.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked, still in the bathroom.

“Just somewhere!” Tiffany said then with a smile she walked out of the bathroom. She didn’t want Taeyeon to know that she’s meeting up with Junsu.

***

When Tiffany arrived, she saw Junsu was standing there waiting for her.

“Tiffany.” He said.

“What do you want?” Tiffany asked.

“I’ll just get straight to the point.” He said. “Well I’m sure you know that I like Taeyeon, right? And I just want to ask that you could and would stop interrupting us.” He finally spitted it out.

“What are you talking about? Interrupting you guys?” She responded and acted dumb about what she’s been trying to do. “I’m really sorry if I really interrupted you guys. I really didn’t mean to. Can you please forgive me? I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Tiffany dramatically apologized with her tears-filled puppy eyes.

Junsu didn’t know how he should react. He thought Tiffany would blow him off or something…not like this. “Err…” He said scratching his head. “It’s ok, Tiffany. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound rude or anything.” He apologized back to Tiffany. “Just please allow me to borrow Taeyeon a few times. Ok?” He then asked.

“Of course! If Taeyeon wants to then definitely!” Taeyeon quickly answers with a smile on her face showing her smiley eyes. Yeah, if she ever wants to hang out with you. Tiffany secretly thought behind her smile.

Wow, is she bipolar? How could someone changes from being so depressed to so hyper? Junsu thought as he smiled back to Tiffany. “Well, I have to get ready now. I’ll talk to you later.” Junsu said and walks away.

“Bye, Junsu!” Tiffany waved and smiles. Tiffany, you deserve 100 points for your acting skills today. Tiffany thought and sticks her tongue out as Junsu walks away.

***

Today Tiffany and Jessica actually made it to class a minute before the bell rings. Though they had to rush everything to be able to, it was an improvement for Jessica. And the school day goes by without much trouble. Today is the first official practice for those who want to join the tennis team. The four girls changed into their athletic outfits and headed to the tennis courts with their newly owned tennis rackets. By the time they got to the tennis court, there were already other students playing friendly matches with other students. Some are beginners, some are intermediates, and some are just like pros.

“Well, since today is the first practice. I just want you to find a partner and play a friendly match. I will be watching you guys play to be able to choose your double partners or if you should be playing single. Now, let’s start hitting.” The female coach said as the students choose a partner to hit with.

Tiffany had chosen to hit with Jessica, her middle school double partner. Taeyeon and Yuri will be playing against each other on the court next to Tiffany and Jessica.

“I haven’t played with you for a while now. I hope we can be doubles partner again!” Tiffany excitedly yells as she serves the ball to Jessica.

“We’ll see.” Jessica replied as she rushes towards and returns Tiffany’s serve.

Finally, the coach blows the whistle and calls everyone in. The students were all sweaty since they have been playing for an hour in the heat.

“Ya, Jessica. You’re still as good as ever.” Tiffany said as she walks along side with Jessica heading towards the coach.

“Well, good job everyone. I’ve been watching all of you play and have now paired up the doubles and the chosen the singles players.’ The female coach said. “Sorry boys, the male coach is not here today. So you guys will have to wait for that later. I will only announce the girl players today. So listen up. Kim Taeyeon and Hwang Tiffany, you guys will be doubles partners. Kwon Yuri and Jung Jessica, you guys will be doubles partners. Choi Sooyoung and Lee Sunny, you guys will be partner. Min Sun Ye and Sun Mi you guys will be playing singles. Well, that’s it for today. Practice’s over.” The coach announced and the students started to head back towards their dorm.

“I’m going to be doubles partner with Taeyeon? I’m so excited! Let’s play a double game before we head back!” Tiffany suggested, so excited to play with her new double partner.

“I’m up for it. Unless if you guys are scared.” Taeyeon agrees.

“Let’s beat them, Jessica.” Yuri said as she turns to Jessica. The four walks towards the court when they saw Jessica nodded her head.

After a close match, they’ve finally agree to head home. The score was 7 to 5. Jessica and Yuri had beaten Taeyeon and Tiffany. Although the four were almost equally as good as each other, Jessica and Yuri seem to be slightly better. And also because Taeyeon is a bit short, or so she complains.

“If I was a bit taller, we would’ve beaten you guys.” Taeyeon remarks as they head back towards the dorm.

“Just admit that we’re better than you guys.” Yuri rebutted.

“We’ll beat you tomorrow so don’t get too cocky.” Tiffany butts in.

“Can’t wait till I get back in the dorm and shower.” Jessica shrugged and mumbles to herself minding her own business again.

***

After an hour of taking turn, the four girls took their showers and change into their casual clothes. Knock. Knock. Knock. Someone knocks on the door.

“You guys ready?” asked Tiffany inside the bathroom.

“Yeah, come in. The door is unlocked.” Taeyeon said.

“Can we work on the Hangul homework first? I really need help on that.” Tiffany asked with a face that describes her poor Korean.

“We know.” Taeyeon joked. “Ok, let’s start. Where’s Jessica?” She asked, causing Yuri to squint at Taeyeon again with her suspicious look.

“She’s actually done with her homework. Since she was the first one to shower, she used the time that we were in the shower to do her homework. Now she’s sleeping on her bed, waiting for dinner time.” Tiffany described.

“That was fast.” Taeyeon replied, surprised by Jessica’s speed.

“She always does her homework really fast so she could sleep.” Tiffany explained.

“Well, let us finish our homework then eat dinner.” Taeyeon suggested and so they get started on their homework. Since this is just the first week of school, homework load was not heavy and thus only took them about an hour to finish.

“Jessica, wake up. Time for dinner.” Tiffany yells shaking Jessica’s body.

“Okay, I’m up.” Jessica responds and the girls head for the cafeteria to eat their dinner.