Returned

The continued story of Boys over flowers (Editing previous chaps)

 

"So can you tell me how are you able to keep up with your busy life, especially with such a heavy responsibility like Shinhwa?"

"I try my best to find time to rest. To be honest, with all this work, I hardly have any time for other stuff."

"That's understandable... Now! I'm going to ask the question, which most Shinhwa fans or should I say, your fans are dying to know. Listen properly ladies! Jun Pyo ssi, during your hard work in America, I'm sure you get lonely sometimes. How do you overcome it?"

"Umm… due to a promise I've made with someone... I've been able to endure it and get through the hard times."

"Hmm... it seems like there is someone special in your life -"

 

Ga Eul smiled, staring at the huge screen of a building showing the interview. She was strolling through a bustling street in the heart of Seoul, when she saw this.

"Wow! Surprisingly, the childish leader of F4 has become the mature leader of Shinhwa." Ga Eul thought, happy for Jan Di.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yi Jung-

I walked into the Incheon International Airport's arrival hall. Through my shades, I could see a mob of busy foreign tourists rushing to get hold of their luggages and Koreans embracing their family, friends or lovers which they have missed.

"zzzzzzz" My small luggage bag's rollers sounded as I pulled it with me through the automatic sliding doors. Sunlight shone through the clear glass, at the sight of a "Baskin Robbins" store located at a corner of the concourse proved that I was really back in my homeland.

"I'm finally back in Korea!'' I thought. "Now I can finally speak Korean with ease. Even after staying in Sweden for 4 years, I still found it rather difficult to converse with others in Swedish."

After waiting for a few minutes by the road, a car came to a halt in front of me. It's been such a long time since I had a chauffer to drive me around. Even though I am perfectly able to drive myself around, there are still times when I would like to just sit in the back of the car and rest while travelling.

"Would you like to get home and rest after such a long flight, sir?"

"No, There's someone I need to meet first." If there was someone that I would meet immediately after such a long flight, it would undoubtedly be only that one person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahnnyeonghasaeyo! Geum Jan Di immida!" Jan Di introduced herself to the new doctor. It was her first day at the children's orphanage for volunteer work and she wanted to make a good first impression. The doctor turned around to face her, which shocked Jan Di immensely. "J-Ji Hoo sunbae!" she stammered.

"Ahnnyeong" Ji Hoo greeted her warmly.

 

"She's still as cute as ever" Ji Hoo thought to himself while grinning. "What’s so funny, sunbae?" Jan Di asked curiously. "Nothing…" Ji Hoo answered coolly, "So, are you the new volunteer?" he asked, sneakily trying to change the topic. "Ah... neh" Jan Di replied awkwardly. "Right." making it seem that the conversation ended.

"Doctor Geum. Today, you are in-charge of the children section." Ji Hoo continued in a formal tone. "Neh! Doctor Yin." Jan Di understood with a wide grin.

 

Jan Di hurried to a place that was filled with cute petite children that looked around 4 to 7 years old. "This must be the children section." she thought, "I hope everything will go smoothly as planned without any accidents..."

 

As the sun was setting at the horizons as dusk approached, Jan Di realised that the time had passed so quickly, she had such an enjoyable time that she lost track of time. It didn't seem like a few hours had passed at all. "Kamsahamida! Kamsahamida!" She thanked the doctors, nurses and volunteers cheerfully as she walked around the site, which they also returned in the same manner.

 

-Jan Di-

"Doctor Geum, kamsahamida." I looked to my right and saw Ji Hoo Sunbae in his white doctor coat greeting me. "Kamsahamida Sunb-Doctor Yin." I forgot that we were still at work. He walked towards me and raised his hand until it touched the top of my head, gently but messing up my short pony-tail. "Sunbae!" I exclaimed but he still continued ruffling my hair. "Long time no see. Jan Di yah." he said with a glint in his eyes.

Suddenly a gush of wind went past us, messing up my hair even more. A loud noise started from above us " Flap. Flap .Flap. Flap." What was happening? I couldn't see anything at all with the wind blowing against my face.

After trying to get all my hair away from my face, I managed to catch a black helicopter flying towards us, just in time to hear, "Ah. Ah. Commoner can you hear me. Geum Jan Di! If you can hear me, go to the beach immediately." A familiar voice boomed through the area.

After exchanging glances with Ji Hoo Sunbae, trying to prove that I was not imagining things, I basically dashed towards the beach without caring about how ridiculous I looked while running with my white coat and messed up hair. I didn't know how I knew, but Ji Hoo Sunbae was also running behind me. If people didn't know, it would seem that I was running away from him who was chasing me.

 

When I finally reached the beach, I felt as if I was going to die, when was the last time I ran like this? After managing to calm my heart down, I saw a silhouette in front of the large orange setting sun - an incredibly familiar person that i haven't seen in such a long time.

It was my choice 4 years ago. I chose to pursue my dreams and ambitions, and for his responsibilities as the heir of Shinhwa, by taking a break with him 4 years ago. At first, I thought that 4 years would pass by in a blink of an eye. However, truly going through these 4 years, I finally knew how torturous these 4 years have been. I missed fighting, arguing, tricking, laughing with him. It was like the time when he went to Macau all over again. No phone calls, e-mails at all. The only way I could see him was on TV and through the star-moon shaped pendant he gave me. The only difference is, I knew he never stopped loving me for even a moment when he was away. Nothing like last time when he was in Macau - all confusion.

 

Now, he's finally back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yi Jung-

Just by thinking about her, I couldn't help it but feel a bubble of happiness inside of me. It was when my chauffer said "It's been a long time since I've seen you smile so gently.", that I realised I was smiling while staring into space. I was like a teenager experiencing his first love all over again. This was not what the old So Yi Jung, the residential playboy of F4 would behave at all. But many things have happened since then and all of F4 have grown up, including him.

 

4 years ago, when I was rejected by her, the only woman I ever loved, it was inevitable that my ego would be hurt. It was the first time I actually got the courage to try to confess to someone. Me, a playboy that didn't need to chase after girls and broke so many hearts in the past without ever caring about the girls' feelings. After gathering up all my courage to confess only to get rejected would obviously be a big blow to my ego.

However, I couldn't blame her. The hurt I experienced was nothing compared to the pain I put her through. Looking back now, how could she help me get over my heartbreak then without even mentioning about her feelings for me? I even deliberately hurt her during valentines' day when she went to my workshop with her hand-made chocolates...

I left for Sweden in hopes that my feelings will dampen by avoiding meeting her. When I was there, I tried really hard to not think of her. Whenever I thought of her, I did not remember my own heartbreak but the pain I put her through.

Every morning, I would force myself to forget her or even to bury it at the end of my mind, but at the end of the day, my memories of her would just pop up, her smile, her tears by the roadside, her pink cheeks when she blushed, her determined expression when she set her mind to do something... I would even find myself imagining what it would be like if I could change the past; if I could lessen the pain I inflicted on her. Would we be together now? How would we be like as a couple? I did not even once thought of going to a club in those 4 years, all I did was bury myself in my work and projects, in hopes of numbing my pain.

"...Sir? Sir?..."

Suddenly, I was  back into reality by my chauffer, who decided to shake me lightly after not getting a reaction from me after calling me for so long.

"We have reached your destination, sir" he informed. It was then that I realised that we had reached her workplace. I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't even took note of my own surroundings. What has become of the observant So Yi Jung... All because of that one woman...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yi Jung got out of the car and looked around. In the past, he did not even dreamed that he would come to this kind of place again. After a few moments, he advanced into the pottery school. Looking into the colourful painted classrooms, he saw lots of children playing around with clay; getting their hands all sticky and dirty. He didn't know why, but he found it amusing. Was he like this in the past? Probably not...

Yi Jung stopped at a particular classroom where distinct laughter could be heard through the front door. He gazed inside and saw the face of the girl that occupied his mind just until a few minutes ago. Knocking on the slightly opened door of the classroom, he got the attention of all of the students, including the teacher in it.

 

"S…sunbae…" shocked of the sudden appearance of someone that she hasn't seen or contacted for 4 years, the teacher stuttered, at a loss of what to say.

 

"Ahnnyeong!" Yi Jung said cheerfully through his wide grin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jan Di-

"Goo Jun Pyo?"

The familiar back turned around and looked at me. He took a glance at his black branded watch and said, "It took you 5 minutes to get here? What are you still waiting for? Hurry and run over!"

"Goo Jun Pyo..." I said, "What's going on?" Was it really Goo Jun Pyo that was standing right in front of me? The guy that I once detested so much but ended up falling in love with?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jun Pyo-

"What do you mean?" What was she asking,is it that hard to figure out what is happening now? I'm finally back and she isn't happy to see me? "This Goo Jun Pyo exclusively came to rescue you, Geum Jan Di. And yah, put a white gown on and even you, an ugly ducking can turn into a swan. Unbelievable." 

"It's Goo Jun Pyo." She said smiling. Was that tears welling up in her eyes?

"It's really Goo Jun Pyo." Why is she repeating what she said, of course it's me. Is there any other guy that would come find her on a private helicopter? Why isn't she doing anything, I'm finally back after so long and she doesn't even make a move to hug me or something? 

That's it. I walked towards her in big strides and immediately grabbed her into my embrace. "I missed you so much, I almost died. I'm never ever going to let go of you again."

 

After a few minutes, I finally let go of her and let her take a good look at my face. With my trademark arrogant grin, I reminded her, " I've promised you, didn't I? That I will take care of you when I'm back."

She responded by giggling "Look here. Stupid Goo Jun Pyo ssi. I seem to remember that I said I would think about it when you return 4 years later."

She's teasing me again.

"I didn't say you could take care of me."

I smirked, reminiscing tone she used when speaking to me 4 years ago. This is what I truly missed with her; the never-ending bickering with her.

"Yah. You stupid, that's not what we agreed on."

"But what I remember is that you have to return being a very cool person."

"You're telling me that, when I'm now standing right in front of you?"

 

Okay, enough with the casual talk. Let's get serious now.

I slowly kneeled down on the dry white sand and took out a tiny red velvet box and opened it. "Geum Jan Di... Will you marry me?"

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing here Yi Jung?" Ga Eul finally found the courage to speak up and broke the silence lingering in the corridor. "To see you of course." Yi Jung replied, as if it's the most natural thing to do.

"Stop joking. What are you really here for? To see if I'm still having a crappy job after 4 years?"

"No I…"

"If you are here to waste my time. Goodbye. I will take a leave first."

She tried to dash out of the school but before she could even take a step, Yi Jung grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him. "Let go of me!" She tried to twist and turn her wrist to escape from his hold but it was no use. The hand that had captured her had such a strong grip, which indicated that he had no means of releasing her.

"Wait! Ga Eul! I have something to tell you. I promise it will not be a waste of time!"

"Okay, then. Tell me now." replied Ga Eul as she calmed herself down, before looking straight into Yi Jung's eyes.

 

-Yi Jung-

Her brown eyes stared into my eyes, and I realised something... Ga Eul has changed. She's not the helpless little girl I always thought she was and loved anymore.

 

-Ga Eul-

What is he doing, staring into space? Didn't he hear me? "Yah! Yah! So Yi Jung! Let go of me, it hurts!" After shaking my wrist a bit, he finally snapped back to reality. "Oh yeah, let's go!" he said. Wait, where is he bringing me?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations! But I object! How can you two get married without me and the others knowing? Do you not treat us as your friends anymore, Goo Jun Pyo?" Ji Hoo teased with grin.

Jun Pyo whipped his head to the right to see what the disturbance was and saw his best friend since young. "Oh! Ji Hoo ah! Sooooo nice to see you here!" He exclaimed as though he really meant it. But in reality, he really wanted to strangle his best friend for ruining such a romantic mood he created.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What-t-t are we doing here?" Ga Eul squeaked nervously.

Both Yi Jung and Ga Eul were in front of a long flight of stairs, where Yi Jung gor rejected even before he got to confessed. "I haven't finished what I wanted to say 4 years ago here. Come on!"

He grabbed her hand, pulling her with him and started running up the stairs. Yi Jung only stopped when they finally reached the top.

While panting and trying to regain her breath, Ga Eul suddenly heard Yi Jung spoke "Ga Eul, let's…."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! So how was THE first Chapter?

EDIT: This is the revised version of the first chapter:) Hopefully there would be no more spelling and gramma errors after editing. It would take some time, but I would gradually edit all the chapters and maybe even put up a new chapter if I'm able to... Oh, and this is the co-author, but I'm really just in-charge of editing the chapters and ensuring the fluency(?) of the story. So I'm really sorry if there are readers(if there are still any) that would like to see progress in the story as soon as possible. Please try to understand...