Regret

My Personal Gangster

JunHyung POV

I don't hate Hyunseung. I never hated him Not when he confessed to me, not when he turned against me, not even when i was lying in a hospital bed with stitches in my eye. As a matter of fact, i blame myself for not noticing his feelings sooner. We'v been friends since our first year of middle school. I still remember the day i told him that he looked like a girl. I had a black eye for two weeks. He's always been strong, despite that skinny body.  And he loves to laugh. He was always joking or making faces to lighten the mood. It was hard to get bored when i was with him. No, I don't hate Jang Hyunseung. And i don't blame him for my break up with Kikwang either. 

Doojoon: Maybe... Maybe ending things with Kikwang wasn't the best thing to do.

Me: What the hell? You've been pushing for this since the beginning.

DJ: I thought it was best...... I thought it would hurt you to continue, but you're even more hurt now......And so is he.

Me: How do you suddenly know so much about us?! 

DJ:...... I'm dating Yoseob. We'v been dating for a while......

Me: WTF? Doojoon, then why the hell...? Never mind. It doesn't matter now.

DJ: Listen, Kikwang's completely broken. He loves you too. Maybe you should just tell him everything. Let him decide what he wants to do. 

It's not like i didn't think about that before. I was tempted to tell him many times. But i was scared that he'd choose to leave me. That he'd say i wasn't worth the risk. That he'd been the one playing the game. And what if he did say yes? What if he chose to stay with me, and i couldn't protect him? If he ever got hurt because of me? No. i can't take that chance. Maybe i am being a coward, but i don't care. "Boss." i snap out of my thoughts to see Junghyun and Key looking at me. Key's got his hand hooked through one of Jonghyun's several bracelet's and their swinging their hands lightly. I don't get why he always forgives that womanizer. If i were Key, i'd definitely smack that punk around a few times. "It's time to go." I nod and pull on my shades. "Is Onew already there?" "He called us about ten minutes ago. He met up with Minho and they'r both at the club. Everything looks safe." "Doojoon?" "He's riding around the area, but i don't think there'll be any problems. Hyunseung probobly really does want to apologize." "You can never be to safe" i say as i get onto my bike.

His gang looks bigger. Their all dancing in clusters, or gathered at the bar laughing. I recognize some from previous gatherings, but the younger ones are obviously new. Some of the older gang members recognize me and nod, or smile and come to slap my back. Our gang's originally got along well, and we usually did good business together. Taemin runs over to throw an arm around Key's neck. "KIBUM!!!" i can't help but laugh. Taemin and Key have always been good friends, and i thought it was odd that they didn't join the same gang. When the feud broke out i asked if Key wanted to leave, but he said that he chose me and he was gonna stay with me. I gotta admit, i teared up a bit. I suddenly see Hyunseung, sitting at a table with Doojoon. They both smile and rise a hand when they see me. He's dyed his hair brown, which surprises me. He usually goes for more exciting colors like Blonde, red, or even orange. His hair's grown out a bit and he looks more like a girl now than when we were kids. But i won't tell him that keke. Despite everything that's happened, it's good to see him.

Kikwang POV

It feels good to laugh again. Yoseob has always been good at cheering me up no matter how sad i am, and i'm glad to have him with me now. "That girl never listens to me!! 'Yoseob, what do you think of this book? Oh you like it?? I guess we won't be using it for the club then.'" i laugh louder at his impersonation of the geeky Lit Club president. Her voice is too high and she blinks excessively. She always reminds me of an owl that doesn't understand why it's awake during the day. Yoseob sighs and throws himself onto my lap, pouting. "If she's not going to take my advice, she shoukdn't ask for it." Don't worry Seobie, next year she'l be gone, and you'l be the president." "Hmph, for one year. I was hoping to do something different for our last year in High School." "Like the wrestling club?" Yoseob looks at me and we burst into laughter. Those wrestling guys could kill him with a finger.

Suddenly he jumps out of bed. "Come on! this is no way to spend a Sunday afternoon!! Let's go shopping! It's gonna be Spring before you know it!!" Spring. It's already been two months since Junhyung and i broke up. And i still need Yoseob to help me from returning to a wreck. I hate myself. Why can't i just get over him? I barely ever see him anymore. The only class we have together is science, and he sits in the back row so i don't even have to look at him. Yoseob told me that he and Doojoon are dating, but he never talks about their relationship, or hang out with him in front of me. I'm so pathetic, why do i always need someone else to save me?

Jeez, Yoseob's almost as bad as a girl when it comes to shopping. Shoes, clothes, hats, jewlery. He goes crazy over anything. "~Whaaa~ Kiki this is so cute!!" or "Omigod!! Kiki you'd look so hot in this!!" I can't help but laugh as i wacth him run around the sales wrack of the store we'r in. That's one of the things i love about Seobie. He never tries to show off his status by buying the most expensive thing in the store. If he likes it, he likes it. It doesn't have to have a brand. "Hey,  didn't you say that your trainers don't fit you anymore?? I think i remeber that their supposed to be having a sale in the shoe store. Let's go check it out." And he's off again. I laugh as i follow him into the shoe store across the street. I see him standing just inside the door, his face ghostly white. "Seobie? What's wro....." and then i see them. Junhyung is laughing as a pretty girl with bright orange hair sits on the floor trying to get a shoe off. She finally pulls it off and falls against Junhyung's knee, making him laugh even more as he leans over to help her up. He looks up suddenly and sees me, the laugh dying on his lips. The girl sees his expression and turns around. Oh. It's not a girl. "Come on. Lets get out of here." Yoseob pulls at my sweater, and for a moment i almost leave. No, Lee Kikwang. You're not going to be a coward anymore. 

JunHyung POV

Kikwang walks over, a bright smile on his face. His Mr. Perfect smile. At least, i used to think it was perfect until i saw his real one. "Hi Hyung. Are you buying shoes?" what should i do? Hyunseung saves me the trouble of answering. "Yeah, this place has great stuff and we heard about the sale. Are you a frind of Junhyung's?" As if you don't already know who he is. Kikwang doesn't miss a beat. "Oh, how rude of me. I'm Lee Kikwang, a classmate of Junhyung's. But he's actually older than me." He flashes that smile again. Hyunseung smiles back. "I'm Jang Hyunseung. Junhyung aand i have known eachother since middle school." Yoseob looks as uncomfortable as i feel. He glances at me, and is that sympathy i see? Well, he probobly gets the scoop from Doojoon. Loud mouthed bastard.

Kikwang and Hyunseung talk for awhile more, laughing like their best friends before he and Yoseob move somewhere else to try on shoes. . I can't breath with him in the same room. When he walked past me, i caught a whiff of him and it brought memories crashing back. His arms around me when we ride my bike, his hair brushing against my cheek when we hug.... his body.... What the hell's wrong with me? It's already been two months, and it doesn't look like he's having a hard time letting go. "Come on." i say to Hyunseung, "You got your shoes so lets go." "Do you still wanna go look at those bracelets?" Honestly, i just want to go home and wallow in my pathetic self pity, but there's no point making him suspicious. "Sure" i say, with my usual smirk and nod, "Let's go"

It's pouring rain out and i try to block out the sound of thunder ripping through the sky with my pillow. It's not going well. I think about taking another shower, but i've already showered three times in an attempt to get Kikwang's face out of my head and it's obviously not working. Plus, I'm out of hot water. "Kikwang......" I feel my chest tighten, and wonder if i'm going to cry again. Before i met that punk,, the only time i'de ever cried was when i was six and Doojoon kicked me off the monkey bars for eating his special almond and rasberry chocolate bar. Kikwang i can't breath without you hear. I wish.... Oh that is ing it. Yong Junhyung is not gonna lie here being pathetic. I jump out of the bed and grab my keys and helmet off the dresser. the rain, secrets, all of this. I'm going to tell Kikwang the truth, about everything. And if he still doesn't want me fine. At least it'll be better than sitting here like a heartbroken girl. Better than being a coward.  And.... and on that slight chance that he does choose me..... If he is willing to take the risk.... I will NEVER let anyhting hurt him.

Kikwang POV

It's raining so hard i can't sleep. I toss and turn for a bit before finally giving up and just staring up at the cieling. My heart still hurts from today and a part of me wishes i had left when i had the chance. I wasn't ready yet, to see hime laughing with someone else. I can't stop thinking about that boy. What is he to Junhyung? Why are they so close? That should've been me. I should be the only person by his side, the only person who can make him happy. Suddenly the screen on my phone lights up. Huh? Who could be calling at this hour? I reach over and for a moment i can't breath when i see the number. I erased Junhyung from my contacts a long time ago, but his number is engraved in my brain. I take a breath before flipping the phone open. "I'm outside," He says before i have time to talk. "What?"  "I'm outside your house, i'm cold, and i'm wet. Come downstairs." I drop the phone as i run down the stairs, trying my best not to wake the two live in maids. My parents are on a business trip as usual. I finally reach the door and rip it open. And there he is. His hair is plastered against his head, and he's in his pajamas. His shirt is soaked through and water is poring out of his bike helmet, which he's clutching in one hand. Did he really ride his bike all the way here in the rain. I look at him, standing there, and my heart breaks. He looks beautiful. "I love you. I love you Lee Kikwang. It wasn't just a game. I never wanted to leave you. I..." I shake my head and pull him inside. Towel, i have to get him a towel. But my hands are shaking so much. A drop of water lands on my arm and i wonder if the rain got in. "Shhh, i'll explain everything. I love you." He pulls me into his arms and he's soaking wet, but i don't care. Another dorp falls on my hand. Oh, i see. I'm crying.

Junhyung POV

I look at Kikwang sleeping next to me, his bare chest gently rising and falling with his breath. I pull his body closer and kiss his forehead. "I'll protect you. Even if it kills me, I'll protect you."