Confused State of Mind and His Plan

If Only You Knew How I Felt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 9: Confused State of Mind and His Plan ▬

 

[Myungsoo’s POV]

I woke up to the sound of someone swinging the door open which banged loudly as it came into contact with the wall. I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times before realizing that Sungyeol was at the door with a furious expression on his face. I yawned and stretched my arms up high.

“Good morning, hyung~”

“HA! GOOD MORNING MY !”

I rubbed my ears from his shrieking voice. “Huh? Why are you so loud today? Did something happen at work?”

“I was so worried from last night so I quickly went home and this is what I see?!” He pointed to me and Haneul, who was still sleeping on my lap.

“Let me explain!” I quickly protested.

“Oh, you have a lot of explaining to do, Kim Myungsoo.” Sungyeol walked towards us and carefully carried Haneul out of the bathroom with one arm supporting her back and the other behind her knees. He went to her room and gently placed her on the bed. Then he took her blanket and covered Haneul up to her chin in which she responded with an approving moan and wiggled to her side.

Both of us moved as quietly as possible out of her room and headed downstairs to the kitchen. That’s when I saw my unfinished batch of curry beside the stove. Oh, I forgot to finish cooking the curry.

“What is this?” Sungyeol pointed to my incomplete marvelous-to-be curry.

“Dinner?”

“Don’t tell me,” Sungyeol sighed, “that you guys didn’t eat dinner?”

“Uh…” One thing that you need to be mindful about Sungyeol is to never get him angry. He may act like a kid when he’s around you but when he’s angry, it’s World War 3.

“Kim Myungsoo! How can you not feed my precious little sister?! I thought you’d make a great brother-in-law!”

“Brother-in-law?”

“Ignore that but… argh! Mom’s going to kill me.”

“Hyung, it’s just one night. Humans can live without eating for a week so Haneul’s going to be fine.”

“Fine? She didn’t eat dinner and she slept on the cold, bathroom floor, without clothes on!”

“S-Sorry. I’ll be careful next time.”

“You better.” Sungyeol pointed a finger as he clenched his teeth. Then after a few minutes, he sighed. “Ah, I feel better now after releasing my anger. I’ll finish cooking the curry. Go take a shower. Your spare clothes are still in the usual spot.”

“Okay.”

 

I went up the stairs and entered Sungyeol’s bathroom located in his room to take a shower. After a quick shower, with a towel wrapped around my lower body and another towel around my neck, I went out to his room and skimmed through his dresser. My spare clothes have always been on the top shelf since I sometimes crash at the Lee’s place without warning. I decided to put on my favorite black hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants.

Ah, black, how I’ve missed you.

I went out of the room, drying my hair with one hand and suddenly, this delicious aroma entered my hungry nostrils. Ah~ Sungyeol’s cooking is the best. I skipped happily in to the kitchen and quickly sat on one of the chairs in the dining table.

“One serving of curry, please!”

“Get your own.”

“Aren’t you going to do your sweet little brother a favor?”

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

I sighed and grabbed a plate on the shelf. “Fine.” I scooped the delicious-looking curry as my mouth watered with appetite. I can’t wait to eat this.

“After you eat, go home.”

“Why~?”

“I need peace. Also, you still have a lot to think about.”

“Huh?”

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about. Your confused state of mind, Kim Myungsoo. Think about it.”

 

══════

 

I walked to a nearby park with my hands in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter