Interns

If Only You Knew How I Felt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 2: Interns ▬

 

Just as the second beep of my alarm passed, I quickly jabbed the snooze button and jumped out of bed. Literally.

It has already been a week since the day that I saw him again. I have been waking up earlier than usual, knowing that I would get to see him in school like the old times. Now that I think about it, this is the exact opposite from what I did for the first day. He has made me want to look forward to waking up early every day to start school. Weird. His name?

Kim Myungsoo.

If you’re wondering what happened on the first week, nothing interesting occurred. I didn’t get to confess but I’m glad that at least we maintained the same relationship as what we had back then – a teasing Myungsoo with a smiling me. That was only a façade though because when I’m with him, my heart – well, you know what happens.

I darted out of my room after I did my daily routines and grabbed the stuff that I have prepared the night before, ready for today's classes. I went downstairs and saw my brother in the kitchen, as usual, and greeted him.

“Good morning, Sungyeol oppa!” I beamed. Since Sungyeol was preparing his coffee, I took the initiative to take his place in front of the stove. We didn’t need to tell each other when it came to things like this since it has become an automatic thing to cover each other’s backs.

“Oh, Haneul. You’re up early again today.” A sly grin appeared on his face. “I’m guessing that he is the cause of these occurrences, right?” I smacked him with the spatula and turned my head to the other side as I blushed a light shade of pink. “Oh ho, so you’re not going to deny this fact anymore unlike when you were still a wee little thing?” He mocked.

Sungyeol has already known about my feelings for Myungsoo ever since he saw my face when I first met him. Sungyeol was hiding behind a tree and had a perfect view of our first meeting since he was still shy at that time unlike how he is now.

“That…! Is none of your business,” I retaliated.

“Sure~” he teased.

“Hey! I said–”

“Wah! Haneul!” Sungyeol hurriedly turned off the stove and took out the frying pan which contained our breakfast. “How many times have I told you to pay attention to what you’re doing especially when you’re cooking?”

“Whoops. I’m sorry,” I apologized.

“Ah.” Sungyeol winced. I saw a burn on his left hand and dashed to the very last shelf, grabbing the first aid kit.

“I’m so sorry! I promise to be careful next time!” I said as I started to treat his wounded hand.

“You’re lucky I’m right handed, if not, I would’ve tackled you on the ground right this instant,” he joked.

I laughed at his statement. “I’m pretty sure you would never hurt a fly much less your only sister, Sungyeollie oppa.”

“You’ll never know and stop calling me that. You know how I have always disliked people who call me by that name,” he hissed.

“But it’s cute though,” I whined.

“Let’s quickly eat our breakfast or else we’ll be late for school,” he stated as he dismissed my whining.

“Okay~”

 

══════

 

“Bye, oppa! See you later!” I waved as I walked towards my first period class. Math. That’s what it was. Ugh. I hate math. The only thing I liked about that class was because I saw him.

“Good morning, Haneul!” Sungha greeted me with a hand up in the air as I entered the class. He’s as lively as usual. Sungha was one of my other best friends. He told me one time that he has had a crush on Sunhye ever since freshman year. As it turned out, both of them liked each other but none of them initiated to express their feelings so as of this moment, they are still meeting as friends.

“Good morning, Sungha!” I responded with the same enthusiasm in my voice.

“Hey. I heard that there will be student-teacher interns for each class starting today,” Sungha whispered.

“Is our intern a guy?!” I asked, excited.

“I don’t know! I just heard this rumor this morning while walking down the halls.”

Just then Myungsoo walked in and I heard him chuckle. “You still chase after guys, Haneul? You haven’t changed. Even your love for Math hasn’t changed either,” Myungsoo joked.

“Haha. That’s very funny Myungsoo,” I replied sarcastically. “I like guys since I’m a girl. It’s just the nature of our species.”

“Well, if you say so, Haneul.” He walked towards the other side of the classroom and sat in his seat, preparing for class. His friends eventually surrounded him along with some of the girls which eventually made their group an enthusiastic bunch.

“Hey, Haneul. Are you guys dating or something?” Sungha whispered.

“Of course not! We’re just childhood friends,” I replied quickly. Although I would want to be more than that.

“Oh. That’s a relief.”

“Why?”

“It’s just that girls have been eyeing him since the moment he stepped into the campus, seeing how he looks so perfect and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter