Our Mischievous Plan For The Troublemaker

If Only You Knew How I Felt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 3: Our Mischievous Plan For The Troublemaker ▬

 

I found the alarm quite annoying and I didn’t want to hear any of it today. I woke up groggily and dragged my feet to the bathroom for a quick shower and perform the usual routines.

I have come to notice that Myungsoo and I haven’t talked since last week after the day we were assigned our partners for Music class. To be honest, we haven’t seen each other much either. It’s probably because we had to practice with our own partners at our own time.

To be honest, I thought Woohyun would be too much to handle but he’s actually a big help. He helped me with my vocal range especially since I had trouble with the breathing aspect with the addition of having to sing and dance at the same time.

Without us knowing, the performance date drew closer by the minute and today was finally the big day. It was time to show our abilities and improvements topped with the main criteria of showing teamwork.

“Haneul! Time for breakfast!” I heard Sungyeol call down below.

“Coming!” I shouted back. I quickly grabbed my things and went downstairs. “Good morning, oppa,” I said while yawning.

“Morning, Haneul. What happened to your early morning streak? Did something happen with Myungsoo?” He asked in a concerned tone.

“Don’t worry about it oppa,” I assured. “It’s just that I’m tired from the practices that I went through last night with Mr. Nam.”

“Are you sure?” He confirmed. I nodded and went to sit on the kitchen table. “Well then, here’s your breakfast that your oh-so-amazing brother made for you for today. It’s your favorite, too. Pasta!” He beamed.

“Oppa,” I was about to cry and hugged him. “You really know what I like. I love you!”

“Haneul. Let me go. I can’t breathe.” Sungyeol ordered.

“Whoops, sorry.” I apologized and quickly released him.

“Now, eat up! It’s going to get cold and lonely if you leave him there,” he teased.

“Right. I’ll start eating now.” I got the fork and twirled the noodle strands on the spoon and finally got to taste the delicious pasta. “Omo. You are really the best in making pastas, oppa!” I squealed as the flavor seeped into my mouth.

“Why do you think I work at a pasta restaurant?” Sungyeol added.

“But you have been the best ever since the time when we were kids. I really like your pastas.”

“Okay, okay. Don’t eat while talking. You might choke and die.”

I stared at him and was baffled. “Wait, you would save me right, oppa?”

“Who knows?" He shrugged. He got up, got his book bag, and went to the door. “I’m going. Don’t forget to put your plate in the sink! Good luck on your performance this afternoon!” He closed the door and left.

I opened the window and screamed at him. “Hey! Lee Sungyeol! How can you say that to your adorable little sister?!”

“I was just kidding, Haneul! Now run! It’s already 7:40!” He ran towards the direction of the school, leaving me standing like a statue. I looked at the clock and it was indeed 7:40. Disregard that. It’s already 7:41.

“Dang it! School starts at 8!” I ran towards the sink, placed my plate and rushed outside, running as fast as I could to school.

You would think that Sungyeol would drive to school at a time like this but he thinks that we at least need to get some morning exercise. That man is unbelievable even though we’ll be late!

 

══════

 

“Ah. I made it in time.”

I sat in my seat near the window, panting. Sunhye and Sungha just laughed when they saw me but were glad that I was alright. Although I’m not a runner like my brother, at least I had some decent speed when I run. I slumped down on the table and didn’t care about what happened around me when I heard someone snicker from behind.

“Glad you could make it, Haneul,” Myungsoo grinned.

“Thanks, Myungsoo.” I responded, still out of breath.

 

Math class went by quickly and before I knew it, it was now time for Music class. Today we met in the auditorium to deliver our performances. Everyone was dressed for their part with some being nervous and others excited to start the show.

“Good afternoon, class.” Mrs. Han walked into the room. “I hope all of you have come prepared.” The class let out a shallow ‘yes’ as she sat on the very front seat. “Let’s start. First one up is Haneul and Mr. Nam.” I went up the stage and grabbed a microphone that was on the floor.

“Where’s Mr. Nam?” Someone asked.

“Don’t worry, I saw him a while ago. He’s here.” Another student assured.

“Are you ready?” Mrs. Han inquired. “Please begin.”

“Hello, everyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter