Over Protective Brother, Lee Sungyeol

If Only You Knew How I Felt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 6: Over Protective Brother, Lee Sungyeol ▬

 

Early that Saturday, I heard the doorbell’s echo downstairs just before it hit eight thirty.

"I guess he's here." I sighed as I looked into the mirror and did some finishing touches to my hair.

There were a few words that could be heard and you usually could only hear mumbles from that spot all the way up here unless your voice was loud. I guess they must be having quite a first impression of each other down there.  

"Haneul!" Sungyeol screamed from below. "Your 'date' is here!"

I could practically hear his disappointment. His voice, as usual, was very loud and clear, even emphasizing the word 'date.' I guess he's still surprised it wasn't Myungsoo.

 

[Last night]

I finished making Sungyeol’s favorite coffee and placed it on the tray beside the same coffee that I made for myself a little while ago. Both of us liked the same coffee, French Vanilla Cappuccino, but he liked to add a bit of espresso in his. I went to the living room where I found him glued to a newspaper article, furrowing his eyebrows at some article he might have found utterly preposterous.

"Sungyeol Oppa," I slowly went in the room, making sure not to spill anything.

"Hmm?" Sungyeol looked up and stopped reading his newspaper.

"You know, you look like a grandpa when you read the newspaper," I snickered as I placed the tray on the table.

"Hey." He pushed in his glasses closer to his face. "I prefer to use the word intellectual, for your information." He took his cup and had a sip of his cappuccino. "Mmm, just the way I like it." After taking a quick sip, he buried his head back into the newspaper.

"Actually, I have something to tell you," I began to fiddle with my fingers.

Sungyeol slowly lowered his newspaper and took out his glasses. "Omg, Haneul, you are not saying that you're-"

"Heck no." I bluntly, not to mention, quickly, intervened. "I am not talking about that, you idiot."

"Oh, then what is it?" He cleared his throat and squirmed back in his chair, finding his comfy spot.

"I have a date tomorrow."

"Oh really?" Sungyeol was grinning like an idiot. "Let me guess, it's-"

"Not with Myungsoo." I finished.

"If it's not with Myungsoo, then who?" He took another sip of his coffee.

"With my intern teacher."

"Pfft. What?!" He spat out his cappuccino. "Lee Haneul, I did not raise you like that." He sternly looked at me.

"I can explain."

"Continue." He crossed his arms as he was clearly not impressed.

 

Insert explanation.

 

"I see." Sungyeol sighed. "That's quite a dilemma."

"What's worse is that it's a double date with Myungsoo and his girlfriend. That cougar," I twitched.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you can handle it."

"And you are so sure because...?"

"You're related to the Lee Sungyeol," he proudly stated.

"Sure~"

"By the way, I still can't believe that you picked him of all people to be your boyfriend and just to clarify, I will not accept him as my brother-in-law, got that?!"

"Oppa! I am not marrying anyone!"

"I accept Myungsoo,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter