Same Tutor and His Realization

If Only You Knew How I Felt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 8: Same Tutor and His Realization ▬

 

[Myungsoo's POV]

I noticed something peculiar about me for the past few days. Once I found out about Haneul’s relationship with Mr. Nam, it felt like I didn’t know myself any longer. As I watched Haneul smiling and even laughing along with him from a distance, a pang in my heart suddenly pulled me back to reality. It told me something about how I should be the one to cause all her laughter and happiness, not him.

Why does it seem like I love her? I mean, she’s just like a little sister to me, right? Plus, there’s that issue with Hyuna. Speaking of Hyuna, she’s starting to act weird, too, getting all clingy these days. Man, how I wish I could just walk around the streets of Seoul by myself, taking pictures just like how I was spending my time a few years back.

“As you guys might have noticed,” the intern teacher, who I believe was called Mr. Kim Sunggyu, interrupted my thoughts. “Midterms are right around the corner.” The class groaned and I saw Haneul lean back and heaved a deep sigh from the corner of my eye. I snickered to myself. Ha. I guess she’s still in need of help. “Don’t worry guys,” Mr. Kim continued, “It won’t be that bad.”

“Really?” Donghyun asked. “How would you know?”

“Yup,” his face lit up to what seemed like an eye smile but I wasn’t too sure. “Because I made it.”

This time, the class cheered. “We’re saved!” Honestly, I did think that Mr. Kim’s tests were very easy. Too easy for my taste but I guess it was just me. Oh well.

“So, since this is my first time being an intern, I hope I was of good help to you guys and I also wish all of you the best. All of you will definitely pass your exams,” he said with a grin.

“Aw~ He’s so cute!” I heard the girls swoon.

“Mr. Kim! We’re so grateful to you! Because of you, our GPAs became higher!” A guy called out.

“Yeah! You’re a lot better than Mr. Choi. He is such a bad teacher!” Another guy screamed.

Just then Mr. Choi came into the classroom and walked over to the front of the room. He cleared his throat as usual and as expected, the class became as quiet as a mouse.

“So, Mr. Kim, I hope these kids cooperated with you while I was gone.”

Mr. Kim laughed and said, “Of course! They’re all smart angels.”

Mr. Choi eyed him suspiciously as if he was speaking nonsense. Well, I don’t blame him since our class does act differently when he’s the one teaching. “All right. I guess you talked to them about everything?”

“Every single detail.”

“Good job.” Mr. Choi stretched his arms and grabbed a black marker from the edge of the board. “You can go now since it’s time for me to start my stage.”

The class let out another groan. Mr. Kim chuckled when he noticed and mouthed ‘You can do it! Hwaiting!’ as he opened the door. The whole class pumped their fists in agreement and snickered since Mr. Choi was still writing on the board. Mr. Choi turned around and looked at us, then at Mr. Kim.

“Is something wrong?”

“Ah, no,” Mr. Kim replied with a small laugh. “I was just saying goodbye to them.” With those last words, he left.

 

Math class finally ended and I was about to leave when I felt someone tug the hem of my uniform. I turned around to see Haneul’s gloomy face.

“Myungsoo…”

“Hmm?”

“This might sound too much but can you tutor me again? Just like last time?” She gave a weak smile.

I don’t know what has gotten into me but I felt my heart flutter when she asked that favor even though it was expected. Maybe Sungyeol put in some weird concoction in my drink when I came over to their house the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter