Chapter nine – story with a midnight snack.

The Player Player [momentarily on hiatus]

Chapter nine – story with a midnight snack.

Trying to shake the memory from her head, Jisun splashed her face with cold water. She couldn’t afford to think about old times. Not anymore.

She wasn’t Kim Jisun anymore. She wasn’t the heiress to the Kim Corporations anymore. She was Ok Jisun, now. She was just any other normal girl in Seoul.

Other than having your brother as a famous actor and model, that was.

Sighing to herself, she walked to her bed again and set down. her eyes first landed on the framed picture on her bedside table.

The picture of her, Taecyeon and Hyunbin.

At least that was what it looked like.

With a small effort, Jisun removed the back of the frame where the picture should be put to be displayed. Only…there wasn’t just as single picture there. Behind the picture with three of them, there was another picture.

A picture of her and Jongin.

“Jongin-ah…” she mumbled, her younger brother’s face in the picture. “That was you with Luhan sunbae today, right? Are you okay now? Did you get hurt?”

She exhaled loudly and put the picture back in its hiding place. When she had run away with Taecyeon, she had promised not to look back into the past, not to look back at the people whom she’s left behind. But for her, it was too unbearable to leave her one and only baby brother behind.

Jisun got up from her bed and walked towards the room door. As soon as she grabbed the doorknob, she heard some silent whispers from the other side of the door. Frowning, she opened it to see Luhan with the TV .

“Oh, I’m sorry, did I wake you up?” Luhan asked at once, turning the TV off.

“No, I just had a dream. Unable to sleep?”Jisun asked, walking towards the fridge.

“It’s a normal thing.”

“Insomniac, much?”

“A lot.” Luhan sighed, joining Jisun.

“Want something to eat? It helps me.” she asked, turning to him. “I have…pudding and chocolate cake.”

“Do you do this every night?” Luhan asked, saying no thanks to food with a wave from his hand.

“Not every night.” Jisun smiled at Luhan, taking a plate with a piece of chocolate cake on it. “Just when I want to relieve some stress.”

“You eat to relieve stress? Don’t you get fat?” Luhan bluntly blurted out. Realizing what he said, he quickly muttered a sorry.

“It’s okay.” Jisun laughed. “I do get fat. Once I even rose up to 64kg.” she said, playing around with the fork. “Just danced it all away.”

“You’re a dancer?” Luhan asked, again bluntly.

“Don’t I look like it?” Jisun grinned.

“You do. With that body, yes, you do. But…never expected you to also be a dancer.” Luhan mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

Jisun didn’t fail to notice the ‘also’ in Luhan’s sentence.

For a moment, they stayed quiet. Then Jisun spoke up.

“You don’t have to pretend. You know about me and Jongin, don’t you?” Jisun asked. “And that I’m the player player. And a whole lot of things that I didn’t mention to you.”

Luhan was openly surprised by this. He hadn’t expected her to say it so casually like that (and in the middle of the night, that was.) and he had no answer to give to her other than the truth.

“I’d be lying if I said I knew. I’d be lying if I said I don’t know too.” Luhan confessed. “I was planning on waiting until Jongin was ready to tell me everything.”

“I trust you, you know.” Jisun said, still playing around with the fork. “You’re one of the few guys I trust. Other than you, it would have to be Yi Fan, Jongin, Hyunbin and Taecyeon oppa.”

“Yi Fan?”

“Wu Yi Fan. My ex-fiancé.”

Luhan felt his heart skip a beat. Could it possibly be the same Wu Yi Fan he knew?

“Chinese, right?”

“Canadian Chinese. His father owns a huge firm in China. One of the leaders in China’s business industry. I think you’d know him. His family is part of your financial group. He has a little sister called Wu Li Yin. And my mother died, saving Li Yin.”

Luhan’s head was spinning. Yes, it was the same Yi Fan. It was Kris. He remembered how Kris had come from South Korea and told him about some heiress girl who was like a boy and how attached her younger brother was to her. And that their mother had died, saving Li Yin. That he’d be forever in debt to her mother for saving his younger sister.

“Kris…” Luhan mumbled, his head still not working right. “Kris came home from Korea and told me about you. He told me that his marriage was arranged to you but you had an escape plan. Then suddenly, your mother dies in his sister’s place. He told me he used your escape plan to go back to China. And that he’d be forever in debt to you and your family for saving his sister’s life.”

Jisun looked up at Luhan. “The Yi Fan I’m talking about is the same as your friend Yi Fan?”

“Only one way to find out. Where’s your phone?” Luhan asked getting up but Jisun grabbed his wrist.

“He’d be sleeping now. Either ways, I’ll see him tomorrow, right? You can come to him with me. We go to the same Uni.” She said with her million dollar smile which made every guy fall for her.

Luhan was no exception. He felt his heart pounding against his chest at her touch as they sat down.

“Then let’s talk. You already know about me, it’s all about you that I have to hear now.” Luhan said, tilting his head sideward and smiling gently at her.

Two could play that game.

Jisun was taken aback at Luhan’s actions. Not his words, but his actions. He knew, clearly, that she was the player player, yet, was he trying to flirt with her?

No,she thought. He’s not. I already told him that I trust him. And I do.  I trust him not to be like other guys..

“But before that, I want you to know something I’m guilty and ashamed of.” Luhan said. “You should know that I also trust you the same way you would trust me. But this is something you can’t tell anyone else. Even your younger brother.”

“What is it?” Jisun asked, curious. “It can’t be that bad. Not like you killed someone.”

“But that’s the thing.”

“What?”

“I killed someone.”

Jisun stared at Luhan for a few minutes. Then burst out laughing. “Nice one. But seriously.”

Luhan, who already knew what her reaction would be, didn’t even flinch. “We can talk about that later. I want to know what happened with you and Jongin.”

“Alright, alright.”Jisun sighed. “It’s been a long time since I last talked about that.”

“But once you do, your shoulder feels lighter, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, it does.”

They both stayed in silence for another few seconds as Jisun took another bite. The only sound that was heard was the splattering of rain from outside.

“Our father was a player. But he wasn’t the normal kind of players. He’d sleep with each woman and only let them go after he gets them pregnant. Leaving them to suffer on their own. He had done that a lot of times before he met Taecyeon oppa’s mother. She was already engaged. But on a drunken night, they both slept together and she got pregnant with Taecyeon oppa.

“By that time, Jihyen unnie was already born as a child out of marriage. Even though father had a cold heart, he was forced to take care of Taecyeon oppa. But even though Taecyeon oppa’s real father is the same as mine, he was officially said as his mother’s husband’s child.

“Just after two years, he met our mother. Mother’s beauty could blind a man. Maybe that was how mother and father fell in love. And I was their first child. They got married after they found out mother was pregnant with me.

“And again, after a year, mother was pregnant with Jongin. At that time, all was going well. For us, for Taecyeon oppa’s family, for everyone.When I was around five and Jongin three, it was father’s golden days. The company was at its peak and we were also a happy family. Those were the only few years I got the love of a mother and father.

“Around when I was ten, business problems started. Father began becoming stressed. So the cliché arranged marriage thing was planned out. Me and Yi Fan. The Wu family came for a stay before our engagement was made final. I thought Yi Fan would be really uptight. He proved me wrong. We, as in him, Jongin, Li Yin and I had a lot of fun together.

“We were close friends but neither of us wanted to get married to each other. Yi Fan was like Taecyeon oppa to me. Only maybe he was more fun to be with. Jongin and I planned out getaway to China so that father would be forced to cancel the marriage. We had it all fixed, our drive to the airport and from the airport to the hotel, everything was thoroughly planned with the kind assistance from Taecyeon oppa and Jihyen unnie.

“But on the very day we planned to run away, mother died. In front of Jongin, Yi Fan and I. Father was sleeping with another woman, due to his urge to. Li Yin had walked in on them and the poor girl was terrified. Father was about to shoot Li Yin but mother took the shot for her. Father truly loved mother. She was one thing in his life that was genuine.

“Jongin and I had first planned to stay away for a month. But after what happened, we wanted to stay away forever. But suddenly, Jongin told me he didn’t want to run away. He told me to go and never come back. He said he was sick of me commanding him around…

“I was hurt, really. I loved that boy to death but he said such thing…So I was going to run away by myself. But before I could, Yi Fan used our plan and escaped with Li Yin back to China. After a wrecked car and a private jet with god knows what happened to it, I swore I’d kill him the next time I saw him.

“It was with Taecyeon oppa that I ran away at last. I stayed with the Oks. And for the baby who was born by the woman whom father slept with on the night mother was killed…he’s Hyunbin. The Oks took him also under their care along with me. I promised Taecyeon oppa that I wouldn’t ever look back in the past. But I just can’t help but miss my baby Jongin…”

She didn’t realize it, but by the end of her story, she was already in tears.

Luhan didn’t expect for Jisun to cry. She had always played hard, always acted hard, even in the little time they had been with each other. Maybe he had misjudged, or Jisun had always kept herself coned like that under the mature image that made boys fall head over heel in love with her. But in reality, she also was a weak, fragile little girl.

If she was to be visualized as a glass, then she’d have many cracks on her. Cracks made by her father, her mother leaving her, her leaving her younger brother being…

Before Luhan knew what he was doing, he had walked over to Jisun and put his arms around her. He could tell Jisun was surprised at first, but he brought her closer to him. She didn’t push him away, and Luhan wasn’t planning on letting her push him away. He let her soak the shirt she had lent him in her tears.

“If you ever need to get a weight off of your back, or just feel like talking to someone or even feel like crying, I’ll come running. I promise.” Luhan mumbled.

But still…Jisun thought. It’s like Yi Fan said. Everyone leaves. I can’t afford to get too close to you. Our relationship is already beyong the line I've set for us. In the end when I have to let you go...I don't think I'll be able to. 

here's the update i promised.

mou, feeling so guilty right now. it's jr's birthday and i had originally planned to update PTCWF but because of writer's block, i couldn't >.<

so instead, i double (or was it triple) updated this.

there you go, all JiLu fans! i felt that i had put too much YiSun in the last chapter and felt tempted to put JiLu ♥

i hope that clears the confusion about jisun and kai and kris's relationship. keep in mind, kai doesn't know that his noona recognized him. and kris isn't sure that the voice he heard in the background is jisun's, but he's just making a guess.

next chapter...a little teaser wouldn't hurt, i guess.

sehunnie will see jisun again! 

mischevious, i missed him as much as you did.

buwhaha. keep waiting. oh yeah, i don't know when 'next chapter' is going to be because i'm like in a huge fight with my mom to taking my laptop away for 6 months. and without even giving in the weekends! she says an average B isn't enough >.>

but somehow, i'll try to update.

.

unf. through my heart /le faints.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

credits: tumblr