Chapter eleven – her effect on men.

The Player Player [momentarily on hiatus]

 

Chapter eleven – her effect on men.

“We’re going to be laaate~!” Hyunbin sang, annoyingly, as his sister sped, desperately, through the streets of Seoul, to get Hyunbin to school in time.

“Shut up, little brat.” Jisun hissed through gritted teeth as she took a quick left turn into a street with a little less traffic compared to the street they had been on.

“We’re going to be laate~! But noona, you know, it was strange, seeing you laugh and smile at Luhan hyung. I might even suspect something between you two!” Hyunbin faked shock. “And just when you got a new client! The irony! I’m betting the player’s going to be a serious sweetheart.” Hyunbin said pokerfaced.

“Oh, can it, kiddo. If you want me to lessen your trouble with your principal, then be quiet!” Jisun growled. She was not in a mood to hear Hyunbin ramble, and she was certainly not in a mood to hear Hyunbin ramble about her and Luhan. A topic which she, herself, wasn’t sure of how it would end.

And Jisun didn’t like it when she didn’t know how things would end. It made her feel insecure.

After another minute of Hyunbin’s continuous rambling about his English teacher’s bad pronunciation, and the secretary’s rudeness, they were in front of Dongjo Middle School’s gate. Exactly three minutes late.

“Noona, you’ll talk to Mr. Bubbles, won’t you?” Hyunbin asked, looking like an angel, all of a sudden. Jisun groaned and hit her head on the steering wheel. It wasn’t like she had any other choice.

.

Sehun, inside Kris’s car, had been watching middle school students go into the school, without any boredom, patiently waiting for his Angel to also walk by with the kid. If not, then by chance pass by.

He didn’t even realize that fifteen minutes had passed. That He would be late to school if he didn’t start to drive in the next five minutes. It was Kris who reminded him. But Sehun had told him that another five minutes wouldn’t kill. That it wouldn’t be a big deal to be a little late on one day.

Kris, on the other hand, had gotten bored after the first ten minutes. All he saw was little bratty kids walk in to the school with either their parents or siblings. Or alone.

He didn’t see Jisun, he didn’t see a kid with Jisun. It was boring for him.

At one point, he had told Sehun that he would be late to school but Sehun had only shooed him away and continued to stare confidently, as if he was sure that his so called ‘Angel’ would go by.

Annoying with Sehun’s persistence, Kris decided to go to the nearby coffee shop and get a latte while Sehun waited for something that wouldn’t happen.

Informing Sehun, Kris headed off. All Sehun did was nod. His eyes had caught a really pretty white Aston Martin DB9 Volante (interior) park near the school gate. The next thing he knew, Angel had exited the car with the same kid from before.

Sehun’s eyes almost fell out of their sockets. It was her! It was Angel! He was right!

Sehun wasn’t able to contain his excitement. He screamed a yes and began hysterically laughing. At his action, Kris, who had been watching Sehun from inside the shop, hurried out.

When Sehun saw Kris, his smile lit up. “Hyung, sstay here, ookay? I’ll bee right back!” Sehun said, being unable to speak right, exiting the car and following his Angel into the school with Kris standing there dumbfounded.

Sehun had lost Angel when he walked into the school but had somehow managed to find the principal’s office. Through the window, he was able to recognize Angel talking to the principal.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw the sweet, convincing smile on Angel’s face. But what annoyed him was the way the principal looked at Angel. With a erted glance.On her chest, to be exact.

Sehun felt the urge to go and punch him on the face. The principal had taken Angel’s hand and was patting it with the same erted look on his face. On impulse, he was going to act when the kid snatched Angel’s hand away from the principal and dragged her away with his face emotionless. The principal was glaring at the kid.

Yo, yo! Way to go, kiddo! Sehun mentally cheered for the kid when he realized that Angel was going to exit right in front of him. He mentally began to prepare to talk to her when all of a sudden, she departed the room and like he predicted, right in front of him.

“Oh! I’m sorry!” Angel said. Sehun could tell she was shocked when Sehun had happened to be the first thing she had bumped into as soon as she left the room.

Sehun opened his mouth to speak to her, but nothing came out. Inside his mind, her sweet voice had been echoing.

Oh, I’m sorry!

Oh, I’m sorry!

He was going insane.

Before Sehun could say a single word, Angel was already walking away with the kid. Sehun couldn’t help but stare after her as she disappeared from his sight, with her voice echoing in his ears.

He was only awoken from his trance when he realized that the secretary (who looked at least twenty seven) was trying to flirt with him. Politely, he smiled at her dismissively and begun walking away.

He had seen his Angel, heard her talk. Well, at least say three words. His heard felt more than content.

.

Back outside Kris had walked up to the gate of the school and was waiting for Sehun to come out. His mind wasn’t at peace, realizing that Sehun would only have acted like that after seeing his Angel. Angel whom Kris thought was Jisun.

Taking a glance at his wrist watch, Kris ran his hand through his hair, frustrated. It was ten minutes to eight and if Sehun hadn’t come out soon, he’d be late to school. And all the blame would be on Kris since he was the one who offered the ride to him.

Kris turned around, determined to walk into the school and drag Sehun out if he had to, when he saw her walk by. He stopped dead on his tracks.

The same long legs, the same annoyed, somewhat frustrated face, the same long lashes, the same soft hair, the same Cupid’s bow, the same cherry pink lips, the same milky skin…

It was Jisun.

Kris wasn’t able to react. Jisun was pacing forward, towards him, with a frustrated look on her face. The same look she had when her butler had told her that she was going to get engaged to Kris. The same look she had when her father interrupts her when she’s playing with Kris, Kai and Li Yin.

Jisun sighed as she walked past Kris, mumbling some inaudible curse words.

Kris, on the other hand, was too stunned to react.

When Jisun had passed him, he turned around to see her walk towards a beautiful white Aston Martin DB9 Volante, parked near the school. If he was in his right mind, he knew he would be thinking that she wasn’t able to beat him in car taste, but right then, the only thing circulating in his mind was..

Sehun is in love with Jisun. Luhan spent a night over at Jisun’s. Kai as seen Jisun. Tao thinks Jisun is pretty..

The same sentences, over and over again.

Kris only came back to his senses when he felt Sehun’s hand on his shoulder. Jisun had left. He had been staring at where her car was parked.

“You saw her, didn’t you, hyung?” Sehun asked as he trailed Kris to Kris’s car. “You saw her, right? She’s so beautiful. She’s not like other women…she’s a goddess. Nothing less. But I don’t feel the same way i feel about other girls I see when I see her…it’s strange. I think I fell in love at first sight.” Sehun said, grinning cheekily, with a faint blush on his cheeks.

Kris still wasn’t able to grasp the situation when they settled in the car. Jisun. It was Jisun. He couldn’t let anyone get close to Jisun. Not Sehun, not Luhan, not Tao and not Kai. Even him. He also couldn’t get close to her. She couldn’t get close to any EXO boy.

Especially Luhan. Kris thought. But I think I’m already too late…

“Hyung?” Sehun woke Kris up from the situation by waving his hand in front of his face. “You there?”

Kris looked at Sehun. Innocent and funny, he was. A total lady-killer. Not his fault that he had been born with good looks. But Jisun was smart enough not to fall for looks..right?

“Jisun.” Kris found himself mumbling against his will.

“Who?” Sehun asked, confused.

“Her name is Jisun. That’s all I can tell you.” Kris mumbled as he began driving.

And all through the ride to Sehun’s school, neither of them spoke. Not about Jisun, not about anyone.

They remained quiet, both of them thinking about the same person.

Jisun.

double update. wait for it.