Chapter fourteen – friends.

The Player Player [momentarily on hiatus]

 

Chapter fourteen – friends.

“So the almighty Krisus is afraid of little Jiji. Who would have guessed?” Luhan grinned following Kris, teasing him, as if nothing had happened between them a few minutes ago.

“Shut your trap.” Kris replied, annoyed.

“I don’t have a trap to shut; I have a mouth to shut. But whatever.” Luhan said. “I won’t mistreat Jisun in anyway. And I won’t stand you accusing me of doing such things. I know it’s only been a short time since I met Jiji, but I can fully assure you, I am in love with her.”

Kris stopped and turned towards Luhan. He wasn’t facing Kris anymore. They were on the hallway of the fifth floor of the building and Luhan was looking out of the window with a look Kris couldn’t quite describe.

“Even if it’s one sided.” Luhan continued, turning to face Kris. “I’ll just keep loving her. One of the reasons why I can’t stand knowing that she was engaged to my bestfriend. When she was in my arms last night, I kept thinking. Why hadn’t I said yes to that arranged marriage? Why had I let you go? Why didn’t I tag along?”

At that moment, Kris felt a familiarity in his words. It wasn’t the exact words, it wasn’t even along the lines of the words he had said about his high school crush. But in a way, it was the same.

The way he said it, the way Luhan expressed it – it was the same.

“Even if you came, even if you did get engaged to her, you know you wouldn’t have ended up with her. Look at me, I didn’t.” Kris said.

“That’s because you weren’t in love with her.” Luhan reasoned. “And moreover, her mother was killed by her father.”

Kris shot him a look. “There’s nothing I could have done about that. The bastard was trying to kill Li Yin, it’s actually a good thing that her mother died instead.”

Luhan felt a strong urge to hit Kris, but tried his best not to. “That sounds pretty rude, you know. If I were Jisun, I’d be offended.”

“What I meant was, Li Yin is alive, I can not take over the company and Jisun has her freedom she always dreamt of. If her mother knew, she’d be happy.”

“Still offended.”

Kris sighed. They both started to walk again.

“It’s strange how quickly you both got close. It was only yesterday that you guys met, right?”

“Yeah, yesterday.”

When they were almost at the class’s entrance they saw Suho walking towards them with Bang Yongguk by his side. They were both close friends, unlike Yongguk was with Luhan and Kris.

“We’ll talk about this later.” Luhan said dismissively as Suho caught up with them. Even though his words were like that, he didn’t want to talk about it to Kris – not one bit.

.

Kai got over his emotional trauma by the afternoon. He managed to convince himself that it wouldn’t change a thing even if he mourned about it. If he loved his noona, it was enough. And he trusted Luhan. After all, it was only him who knew how much Luhan loved Jisun. Ever since high school.

Kai knew that Luhan’s high school crush was Jisun, and he knew Luhan was genuine. Luhan wouldn’t do anything to get Kai fired up.

So around two that day, Kai decided to ring Luhan again. If he didn’t pick up, he’s call Krystal and then go somewhere to become insane. Like a dance room.

But strangely, Luhan picked up on the first ring.

“Your noona is the bestest cook ever!” Luhan exclaimed. “If I can get a load of that food every day, then I’d marry her! And she’s so easy to get along with! She’s fun, pretty and…Jongin, I’m in love with your noona!”

Kai just smirked and didn’t say anything, letting Luhan continue rambling about his noona. It was crazy, but he loved hearing people compliment his sister. It made him feel happy.  Happy that his noona was loved.

But in this case, he needed to stop Luhan from rambling.

“I know how awesome my noona is. So I’m guessing I can trust her in your custody?” Kai asked.

For a moment, Luhan didn’t reply. “Why did you lie to her?”

All of a sudden, the easygoing mood seemed to instantly disappear with Luhan’s words. The question Kai had wished all him life that he wouldn’t have to answer.

The answer was simple. But everytime he thought about it, he’d go into weeks of depression.

“Can we meet up to talk about it?” Kai suggested.

“Yeah, after school, I’m supposed to accompany your noona to her next client’s meeting. I can always say something and then move away.”

“What client?”

“I’ll explain later. The café near your school at the time your school ends?”

“Oh kay..”

“Good. Now I have to go. Don’t trash my house.”

At that, his and Luhan’s conversation ended. Kai felt both lighter on the head and heavier too. He wanted to see his noona yet he didn’t want to see.

“Argh.” He groaned loudly. “I need Krystal.”

.

“What was that kiss?!” Nana jumped onto Jisun’s shoulder as she met up with Jisun after seeing her with Luhan.

“Good lord, warn somebody next time!” Jisun gasped.

“Nu uh. Don’t avoid the topic. We saw that little thing of yours with Deer Prince!” Yuri grinned, appearing from absolutely nowhere.

“What’s wrong with pecking your best friend goodbye?” Jisun said, rather annoyed with them. They all knew that she was more intimate with other boys but they were making such a big deal out of Luhan.

“No way. You be best friends with Deer Han?” Yoona exclaimed.

Jisun groaned. This was what was wrong with having these girls as your best friends.

Behind Yoona, Sooyoung and Yujin were grinning.

“It’s you are Yoong. And yes! Is it a big thing?” Jisun groaned.

“No, baby girl. It’s just that we were hoping you were going to play him.” Sooyoung said.

“I’m not that young unnie, you’re just old.” Jisun couldn’t help but say. “But why?”

“Because, if you’re playing him, there’s a less chance of you falling for him because you’d be reminded of you oh-so horrible past. On the other hand, if you’re best friends with him, there’s a huge chance of you falling for him.” Sooyung reasoned.

Jisun felt dry at Sooyoung’s statement.

Damn. It was so true.

Nana and Yoona squealed.

“Argh, what now?” Annoyed, Jisun shot at the other two her age.

“It’s already happened!” Yujin grinned.

Jisun sighed. Hiding anything from these people was impossible.

.

Since Kai wasn’t there, neither Tao nor Sehun bothered to interact with girls that much.

Kai was the friendliest one with girls. Even though he had tons of them fawning over him, he had a lot of close female friends too, including Minzy, Tia and Jiyeon.

Of course, Krystal too.

Krystal’s so called ‘friendship’ with Kai was a unique one. Not like his friendship with Minzy, Tia or Jiyeon. He wouldn’t call Minzy if he was depressed, he wouldn’t call Tia if he was excited, he wouldn’t call Jiyeon if he was pressured. But he’d call Krystal.

That was that Tao and Sehun considered what a girlfriend should be there for.

But not what Kai thought. Krystal was Kai’s bestie, and no matter what, she’d be the second person whom he loved most – right after his infamous long lost noona.

Which brought us to the second reason why Tao and Sehun didn’t bother to interact with girls that much.

Kai’s long lost sister.

Or the person they considered her to be.

Angel.

Or Jisun as Kris had referred to her as.

They both had been spazzing over her since they had arrived at school. Some girls had asked them who ‘Angel’ was and while Tao smirked and shrugged handsomely as a reply, Sehun put a finger over his mouth and seductively whispered that it was a secret.

Of course, the girls went insane with that.

And of course, with that big mouth of his, Sehun found it really hard to keep a secret.

It was history period and the teacher had been drawling for at least half an hour about some alliances while Sehun could do nothing but stare at the clock.

He was awoken from his trance when a paper ball hit his arm. He turned to see Jaebum grinning at him. Sehun smirked and opened the paper ball.

How to kill time, genius?

Without a moment of hesitance, Sehun searched for a pen to write back with. Involuntarily, he found himself asking something which he had never asked to anyone other than Kai to Jaebum.

Idk. Hey, do you think I shoulder give up playing?

It took Jaebum less than forty seconds to give him a reply.

At the peak of the game? No way! But then again, more girls for me.Kekeke. Why?

Sehun thought for a while. Should he tell Jaebum? Not even Kai knew..

But still, Sehun found himself writing.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Cause I saw this really pretty noona. And believe me, her charm is nothing like other noonas I’ve dated. And I don’t even know her. I only saw her.

Sehun saw Jaebum’s grin widen. He scribbled something back and sent it.

Man, that’s deep. But hey, I won’t tell you nothing to do. She’s unreachable, right? If it was me,  until I get her, I’ll keep on going on in my game. Why give it up what you love for something you won’t get?

Sehun rolled his eyes. Asking Jaebum was useless.

Sehun sighed. More staring at the clock.

so uhm...boring chapter, huh?

uuhhh yeah. boring.

but i promise next chapter will be more intresting!

YiSun shippers, surprise commin gyour way! Same does to JiLu shippers~!

yey, i brought kai in herrre~! i missed him ♥ AND ABOUT THAT LAST SENTENCE, I'LL LEAVE IT UP TO YOUR IMAGINATIONS (hardvore KaiStal shipper here), BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE LIKE YOU IMAGINE OR WHATEVER. 

i think i sort of explained their relationship..

but yeahh..

YEY. JB IN THURRR~! 

so bye bye for now :3