Chapter seven – of shared dreams and flashbacks.

The Player Player [momentarily on hiatus]

 

Chapter seven – of shared dreams and flashbacks.

Code: Normal = Korean, Navy = Chinese

"Noona!” a young nine year old boy whined as his older sister dragged him out of his room by his pyjama’s collar. “Noona, it hurts! Let me go!”

“Oh, be quiet, you!” the older girl shushed him. “Do you want to wake up the whole house?”

“Noona, this mansion is huge enough for a family of gorillas to live, how can anyone wake up so easily?”

As if on cue, they heard a door creak.

With her fast reflexes, the girl shoved her younger brother into his room and shut the door. It took her a few seconds, but during that time, she was able to put up a concerned look on her face.

“Jisun?” she heard a voice. she turned around to see her so called ‘fiancé’ walk towards her.

“Yi Fan.” she said, sounding worried.

“What’s wrong? I heard Jongin whining.” Yi Fan said.

“I also heard. I just came to check up on him. But he locked the door. He’s probably sleep talking.” Jisun said, but she still looked worried. “I’m worried…he might be dreaming of omma. He always cries when he dreams of her.”

Yi Fan frowned. He didn’t like to see Jisun upset. Sure, he didn’t have thatkind of feelings for her, but whenever he saw her upset, he also felt upset.

He managed to put up a smile and patted her head. “Hey, he’ll be fine. You’re also fine, aren’t you?”

Jisun looked up at Yi Fan. Sure, she was tall, but she was nothing compared to Yi Fan’s height. He was smiling, this Yi Fan.

“You know, it’s strange. In other families, the older sister and younger brother always fight. Nonstop. But here, you both get along so well. Sure, you have arguments but not like in other families. You argue about each other’s safety.” He said. “You both must really love each other.”

From inside, Jongin had been listening to the whole conversation. He couldn’t help but feel the glee at Yi Fan’s words.

As of a sudden, he felt a huge weight pushing the door which he was leaning on. Jongin exerted all he had to stop the door from opening, but it wasn’t enough. The door opened and Jongin went flying.

.

Kris shot up from his bed as if he had been electrified. He quickly checked his surrounding and sighed. He was still in the EXO penthouse.

He ran his hand through his hair and looked at Luhan’s empty bed.

I just had a dream about her. Something that actually happened.He continued staring at the neatly placed covers. Is that supposed to be hinting me something?

 

Yi Fan was casually strolling in one of the Kim’s garden when he suddenly heard a loud noise. With his instinct, he almost began to hurry towards that direction when he realized that it wasn’t it house. That meant it wasn’t his business.

It wasn’t even his country. He had come to South Korea from China because of his stupid father’s business activities. He had expected it to be rather boring but the Kims’ daughter and son were rather fun to be around.

Their daughter was a giant compared to girls her age. She was so tall that Yi Fan actually thought that she was his age, despite her being two years younger than him. She was as beautiful and elegant as her mother and had a fierce personality which Yi Fan found easy to match with.

Their son was also as tall. He had a fierce, unapproachable face at first, but once Yi Fan got to know him, he turned out to be really different. At times, he’d be a cry baby, at times, he’d be tough and at times, he’d be a real pain in the neck. But all was well, they got along really well.

“Noona, you’re going to fall!” Yi Fan heard the only so familiar voice of Jongin followed by his older sister’s laughter.

“I’m going to be fine, Jongin-ah! I’ve done this so many times!” he heard Jisun’s voice.

“At least have a net below you!” Jongin’s voice sounded rather defeated this time.

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check..Yi Fan thought as he walked in the direction of the voices. His eyes began twitching at once as he saw what the little brat (AKA Jisun) was up to.

Tightrope walking.

She never runs out of things to do, does she?Yi Fan thought with a smile on his face.

“Oh! Hi, Yi Fan!” Jisun grinned and waved at the familiar who came and stood near Jongin. Jongin also exchanged a greeting with him.

Suddenly, Jisun began to wobble, losing her balance.

With his quick reflexes, Yi Fan rushed towards her, being closely followed by her younger brother.

“Noona!”Jongin shouted but Jisun’s only reply was heavy breathing.

Just as Jisun fell off of the rope, Yi Fan managed to be right below her to catch her. And he did.

“Thanks, Yi Fan!” Jisun grinned. “That was fun, wasn’t it, Jongin?” She asked, standing up on her two legs, with her goofy smile.

“FUN?! Noona, if it wasn’t for hyung, you could have been killed!”Jongin was shouting but all Jisun did was roll her eyes at him.

Yi Fan caught himself and began to laugh. That was the everyday life of the Kim siblings. Always trying something random every day.

He knew he would enjoy his time in South Korea to the maximum.

 

Kris smiled at the memory. When he was young and lived with the Kim siblings, something random would always happen. But he shook his head and tried to get rid of the thought. He got out of his bed but just as he did so, he heard Xiumin’s voice. “Yi Fan?”

Kris froze.

“Yi Fan, stop shouting. Tao is..crying..” Xiumin mumbled.

Kris almost sighed from relief. He was only sleep talking. With quiet steps, he went towards Luhan’s bed and poked his hand under the pillow.

No one, not one soul, has ever been allowed, hell even in secret, touched Luhan’s bed. Even if someone came close to touching, he’d be caught.

Luhan was that obsessed about his bed tidiness. But Kris thought that it wouldn’t hurt as long as Luhan wasn’t there.

Suddenly, he felt something under the pillow that was certainly not the bed. He picked up the pillow after observing the shape it was in and carefully placed it on the ground so that it would not wrinkle the bed sheet. His eyes widened when he saw the picture which was place on his bed.

Xi..Lu..Han…

.

Kai jolted out of bed with his eyes as wide as two moons (LOL, EXO pun!). He started trembling. His noona. He saw his noona again.

And it was back when they were still living together. Back when Kris was with the two of them. Back when…he was sure that she loved him.

Kai raised one of his trembling hands to his forehead and laid it there to check his temperature. A pang of pain hit his head as he began coughing. It took him a while to get a hold of himself.

 

“Yah! Kim Jongin!” Jongin’s eleven year old older sister shouted as he coughed violently, falling onto the field in which he had been playing soccer with Kris.

“Jongin-ah!” Yi Fan also shouted as he also rushed to Jongin’s side. But Jisun had beaten her to him.

“Kkamjjongie, calm down..”Jisun mumbled, patting Jongin’s back softly, trying to help him. Yi Fan put a hand on Jongin’s shoulder and also began patting his back.

But no matter what they did, Jongin’s coughing didn’t stop.

“Yah! Wu Yi Fan!”Jisun finally shouted, not being able to hold her anger in. “I know accidents happen when you play, but couldn’t you have at least been attentive?!”

She turned to face Yi Fan with tears in her eyes.

“You know that Jongin has asthmatic problems!”

“N-noona..”Jongin coughed.

“You shut up!” Jisun shouted at Jongin, catching him by surprise. “I told you to be careful when you played! If you get hurt, it’s me who has to take care of you! And you know I don’t like seeing my baby brother sick!”

 

A silent tear fell from Jongin’s left eye. Then from his right. Before he knew it, he was crying with his tears flowing nonstop.

“Noona…you said you’ll take care of me…why aren’t you?”

.

Jisun gasped loudly as she shot up from his bed. Her eyes were wide with either horror or shock, she couldn’t tell. But she knew she was shocked by the dream. For it exactly like something that had happened. And she knew she was afraid too. For almost all her dreams had always had a hidden meaning to it.

Jongin..she thought. My baby Jongin…is he in trouble? And Yi Fan…Wu Yi Fan. Wu Yi Fan, what mess are you stirring up this time?

 

“Omma! Omma!” fragile Jisun of only eleven years old wept, trying to escape the iron grip her father’s bodyguards had on her to rush towards the coffin in which motionless body of her mother lay.

“OMMA!” she heard a loud shout from her younger brother, who was also being held back in the same manner. “OMMA, don’t leave us! Omma, can’t go!” Jongin was crying.

“Omma! Don’t leave me and Jongin alone! You promised that you wouldn’t ever leave us!” Jisun continued to wail.

“Jisun..” she heard a soft voice whisper her name. turning around, she faced Yi Fan, along with his younger sister, who were wearing all black.

“Yi Fan!” she cried and ran over to him. But instead of shouting that her mother was gone, she looked at the younger girl near him. “Li Yin, are you okay?” she asked, wiping away her tears.

I’m sorry, jiejie. Jiejie lost her mother because of me.” the younger girl mumbled, hugging her brother’s long arm, fighting back her tears.

With tears in her eyes, Jisun managed to smile. “If my mother willingly gave up her life for you, then it must mean you’re a really good girl, Li Yin.

Yi Fan couldn’t hold it in anymore. He grabbed Jisun’s shoulder and straightened her and stared right into her eyes. Jisun looked shocked for a moment, and then she closed her eyes. Yi Fan knew that she was trying to hide her tears.

“Hey.” He mumbled. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her body and brought her closer to him, burying her face in his chest. “It’s okay; you don’t have to be a model jiejie right now. Even if that’s not what your father says.”

Jisun bit her lower lip for a semi second before she began sobbing.

“She’s gone, Yi Fan.” She mumbled. “She promised she’d be here with me and Jongin. But she’s gone.”

“Everyone goes. Treasure them while they’re with you. Like I am here with you right now.”

“She’s gone, Yi Fan..She left..”

“Be strong..”

 

Jisun only woke up from her trance when she felt her hand soak. It was only then that she realized that she had been crying.

Hurriedly, she wiped away her tears. “Be…strong…”

She sighed and went into the bathroom to check her face in the mirror. She only ended up in more tears. “Yi Fan…I guess you’re also gone.”

just to clear the confusion, kris, jisun and kai all saw the same dream - the italic one on the top. and then they have seperate flashbacks, ones special and memoriable to each one of them.

back on fangirling, who enjoyed the Yi Sun moments? X3 i absolutely loved writing them ♥ (samyeol unnie! that was specially for you! ♥ ^^)

next chapter is probably going to be the 'real' explanation chapter. i'll try to update that today too. 

warning ahead of time, my parents have warned me that they're going to take my laptop away again. the updates might not be frequesnt - or they might not be at all. soooo...i might need a co-author. 

if anyone wants, the spot is up for the grabs, PM me! 

so yeah. that's probably going to be all for now. 

lol, kai and luhan. my two ultimate exo biases ♥