Chapter eighteen – through a distance.

The Player Player [momentarily on hiatus]

 

Chapter eighteen – through a distance.

Jisun made a quick stop at her apartment before she went to meet the high school kid. She thought that she looked too…well, loose. When she met with her clients, whether they be older or younger than her, she made sure that she looked intimidating, standing before or with them.

It was childish, but it gave her pleasure. She didn’t have her status to intimidate them, so she had to depend all on looks. But she didn’t mind. She was confident in her looks.

She changed into a striped hooded tank dress and a red loose-fit top with cutout shoulders, both crafted from soft cotton along with a black buckle-detail flap cross messenger bag and black belted studded flats. She wore her favorite ‘when two become one’ pendantand considered wearing earring but then thought that it would be considered a little over dressing.

After observing herself in the mirror for a while, she smiled, satisfied. Perfect. She thought. And it’s red.

She grabbed keys and cellphone and dropped her cellphone in her bag and rushed out of the apartment, feeling rather excited.

She didn’t even notice that it had seven missed calls written across the screen.

.

“She isn’t picking up!” Luhan groned, frustrated and hit the hood of Kris’s car.

“Don’t take it out on the car!” Kris whined.

Half an hour ago…

“Oh, I got a text from Jisun!” Luhan exclaimed as his cellphone beeped. When he got no response from Kris, he just opened the text. The color faded from his face, upon reading it.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked, seeing the change in Luhan’s mood.

Luhan grasped his hair from his free hand as he continued to stare at the screen, horrified. “No. No way.”

What?” Kris demanded.

“It’s Sehun.” Luhan mumbled. His eyes were widened from fright. “It’s Sehun, how could I have not seen this?!”

“What’s Sehun? Show me that thing, make some sense, you idiot!” Kris said, grabbing the phone from Luhan and read the text.

“I still don’t get this.” Kris said, frowning perplexedly. “It sure has a lot of stalker info about Sehun, but what?”

“She’s the player player. The player she’s going to play next is Sehun. Our Sehun.” Luhan said, his voice almost shaking.

This time, Kris froze. He knew, better than anyone else, how cruel Jisun could be. And he was sure that he wouldn’t want that to happen to their Sehun.

“And what’s more,” Luhan continued. “I promised her, no matter what, I’ll help her. That I’d do anything to help her.”

Presently..

“I can’t let her play Sehun…” Luhan mumbled, gripping his cellphone hard. “I just can’t…”

“There’s always an on the other hand.” Kris pointed out. “I know how scary Jisun can be, but I also know that once she’s decided on something, she will do it – no matter what.”

“And you’re trying to say?”

“Why don’t we just let her play Sehun? We can just, I don’t know, minimize the final blow on him.” Kris shrugged. “It’s not like being dumped once can kill him.”

“Say we’re doing that.” Luhan said. “But how am I supposed to get out of this? I promised her that I’d help her.”

“Then help her.”

Luhan gave Kris a look.

“No, I’m serious. Help her.” Kris said, looking at Luhan. “Help her and help Sehun too. Help Sehun find another girl he likes before Jisun dumps him. Or at least help him become friends with a candidate. Things will fold out by itself.”

“Impossible. If I do that, Jisun’s going to..” Luhan shook his head dizzily. “No. I can’t do that…”

“You don’t have a choice. Either be on Sehun’s full side or Jisun’s full side. Or this.” Kris said. “It’s not a big deal. That is, if you’re not counting the fact that there’s a huge possibility that Jisun would fall for Sehun. He’s…really in love with her.”

“How? He doesn’t even know her.” Luhan frowned.

“Trust me, he knows enough.” Kris said, looking at a distant place. “Right now, our top priority should be to keep Sehun away from Jisun for the time being. It wouldn’t be right for them to meet just yet. Especially when Sehun is so determined to talk to her.”

“How the hell does he even know about her in the first place?” Luhan demanded.

Kris didn’t reply. Instead, he walked around the car and got in the driver’s seat. “Are you coming?”

.                

When Jisun got to the café, it was overloaded with students who had just finished school. Most of the tables were filled with a bunch of friends going crazy or couples. It surely was no place for someone like a businessman to be.

Jisun pursed her lips and searched to find the girl whom she was supposed to meet – Jinsu. The name was surprisingly much like her own, only Jinsu got her name from her sister’s name – Sujin.

Che.Childish parents. She thought when she thought of the origin of the names again.

Upon being unable to find Jinsu, she walked outside of the café and took out her cellphone. She noticed that there were seven missed calls. Frowning, she checked who they were from.

Lulu sunbae.

Jisun’s frown only deepened. What could Luhan have to say to her that was so important that he’d give her seven calls?

Even though she was curious, she didn’t bother to call him back. Her client was much more important to her, or so she liked to think.

She dialed Jinsu number and pressed the phone against her ears for an answer. While she was waiting, she saw many high school boys ogling at her. And she didn’t like it.

After a while, Jinsu picked up her phone.

“Where are you?” Jisun asked, looking inside the café through the glass window. “And this place is overloaded with freaky erted high school boys. Couldn’t you have chosen a better place? Or maybe a better time?”

“I..I’m not in the café. I had to wait for cleaning duty. If you want, we can meet up somewhere else.” Jinsu answered timidly. From her voice, Jisun was able to tell that the girl was in a hurry.

She sighed. “No, it’s fine. And besides, I’m too lazy to elsewhere. After you come, give me a call. I’ll be in the nearby park with some cappuccino. Okay?”

After getting an okay from Jinsu, Jisun headed into the café again, this time near the counter. Even though there was a huge queue in front of her, as the students in front of her saw her, they immediately became…hypnotized. Some even started moving behind her.

At first, Jisun was rather confused. But when she got grasp of the situation, she couldn’t help but sigh. There were times her looks helped her and during those times, it got rather annoying too.

Hearing her sigh, a student, male one, mind you, came up to her. “Is there anything I can get for you?” he asked.

Jisun looked at the boy. Average height, groomed, dark black hair with a similar color orbs.

“Uh, I was waiting for the queue to end to get a cappuccino.” Jisun admitted. He grinned at her.

“My hyung works here. If you can wait for a minute or two, I can get it for you.” He said. “My name is Minhyuk, by the way.”

“Well, thanks Minhyuk.” Jisun was about to offer her own name, out of courtesy that was taught to her when she was young, but then realized that her name getting out wouldn’t be something good for her ‘career’. “I’m in quite a hurry.”

“Oh. I’ll tell hyung to make it quickly. If you can wait…” he trailed off.

“I’ll be waiting outside. I’m supposed to meet a friend’s sister before going.” Jisun said with her billion dollar smile. “Once again, thank you very much.”

.

“Cheer up, man.” Sehun said, throwing an arm around Kai’s shoulder, catching up to his pace. “It’s just a little thing about a little girl in a little high school.”

“I don’t care. I just want my bubble tea and sleep.” Kai said, shrugging Sehun’s arm off his shoulder. “Bubble tea, a nice hot bath and sleep in Luhan hyung’s oh-so-comfortable bed.”

“Is sleep the only thing that exists in your life?” Tao asked, rolling his eyes. Kai opened his mouth to answer but Tao beat him to it. “Other than your noona and us and Krystal.”

“Probably. The company is also there.” Kai shrugged, grinning.

“Seriously? You actually care about the company?” Sehun asked.

“Hey, my noona left it trusted in my hands until she’s back. Even though I don’t have complete control over the whole company, I can twist and change things in some branches.” Kai said, sounding rather casual. “And those changes, I have to be sure noona approves of. Until she’s back, this is a huge weight of trust on my shoulders.”

Sehun and Tao stared blankly at Kai. Sehun turned to Tao. “So, can you like, tell me what he said later?” he asked. Kai face palmed.

Tao put his hand on Kai’s shoulder. “From all those big words you just used, the only thing I can translate to my language is that you love your noona. A lot.”

“God.” Kai rolled his eyes. “Even though you don’t like to be the heir, you are. Can’t you just even try get interest on the business stuff?”

“So. What he say?” Sehun asked Tao.

“He loves his noona.” Tao answered.

“Ahh…”

Kai face palmed again. He was about to say something at them again when he his eyes got caught on someone special.

Perfectly modeled V-line face, flawlessly shaped lips, model long legs…

Jina noona…

Without a warning, he began sprinting towards her, leaving Tao and Sehun far behind. He stopped halfway when he saw a guy following his noona like a dog following its owner.

He felt this really annoying urge to go and punch the guy right on the face but resisted.

It’s better to watch over her within the distance..he told himself, even though he didn’t want to believe his own words.

here. a longer one to make up for the shorter one.

i only just finished the chapter. i was so, so tempted to write this. 

but anyways, i might not be able to update soon after this because i need to give up my laptop in order to get a new one.

to me.

i think i mentioned this before o.o

but whatever

and now, there comes the parent nagging. >.>

so i have to go. bye.