Chapter 8

Super Junior's New Member

Bold = English

-------------------------------- 

“Who’s carrying me anyway? Can’t be my cousin, he’s too weak—!”

“Shut up you punk! Here’s a clue; your best friend.”

“Um moron, I have a lot of best friends.”

I felt someone hit the back of my head, “Ok, that hurt!” I whined, pouting and puffing out my cheeks. “Anyway…” I mumbled, “It can’t be Jonghyun; he’s a midget dinosaur—!” – “MICKEY HYUNG!” He’s not it, just sold himself out. He sounds close, but not holding me close.

“I hope its Junhyung-ah~”

“Shut up.”

Oh, not him either. “Can’t be Yejun, he’s weak too.” I heard someone whimper, not him. But that was obvious anyway. “Is it a SuJu member?” – “No, Mickey; just give up!” – “No thanks… hmm, can’t be Chihoon, can’t be Taejun, and can’t be Jiho—well, it could be Jiho… no, can’t be. Hmm… is it Hyunjoong-ah~?” Oh! Everyone went silent, it is him. You know, it figured that he would be the one to tackle me, just to carry me. “Idiot alien freak…” I mumbled with a chuckle. He jerked me up, so my head was right against his neck.

“Dude, was that nessicarry?”

“HyunKy alert~ totally going to make a fanfic~!”

I shook my head, “Shut up Hyung…” I muttered, finally placed down. “Now take everything off already!” I whined; I heard people chuckle and a bark.

“What the hell..?”

Hyunjoong was right in my face when he was taking the blindfold off, so I jumped back. “Yeah, scare the birthday boy why don’t you..?” I asked sarcastically, Hyunjoong smirked and shook his head. He moved out of the way, and a cheer of “Happy Birthday Mickey!” erupted from the room. I was pushed forward by Heechul, making me stumble.

“Kibum had a very special surprise for you.”

“Kibum has a special surprise…?”

I walked farther in the room, Heechul turning me to face my corner where Kibum was. “Because you’re slow,” Heechul chuckled, “That’s a dog.” I knew it was a dog—but it wasn’t any dog. One just like my In-Su, except younger and smaller; of course…

“So, Mick, what are you going to name him?”

“In-Su…”

Kibum handed the happy puppy over. “Kibum-ah, you bought him for me?” – “After Heechul Hyung told me about your old dog, and seeing how your birthday was close, I decided to buy you a puppy. So yes… now, do you like him?” – “N-neh…” I felt my eyes get watery again. Heechul laughed and brushed his fingers against my cheek, cupping my face to make me look at him.

“You shouldn’t cry on your birthday, and especially not in front of your friends.” Heechul said, turning me to face everyone, but I used In-Su to block my blushing face. Everyone yelled “Happy Birthday” again. Donghae skipped over, “Here, I got you a present too.” – “Well I would hope so.” Donghae stuck his tongue out at me.

I nudged him over to a chair, where I sat with In-Su on my lap. “Ok, hand it over.” I said, Donghae rolled his eyes at my child-ish manner and handed over the present. I opened the small box, finding a bracelet with the words, ‘Mickey + Donghae = MiHae’ on it. It reminded me a bit about Heechul’s story from before. Ha!

“Truthfully, I got the idea from the MiHae fanfic that Heechul made.”

“No wonder, that’s what it reminded me of.”

Donghae nodded, putting it on for me. “MICKEY WE LOVE YOU!” Chihoon and Taejun yelled, walking over. Jiho just grinned as he followed, amused as normal. Donghae bit his lip, bowing before walking away. “Hyung long time no see.” Chihoon pouted, I shrugged.

“I’m an idol, and I was going to hang out with you guys anyway today.”

“Aw, he’s so sweet; he still cares about us~”

“Taejun Hyung~ my yeobo~”

Jiho pouted, pushing the other two away. “I heard that you stopped being an Ulzzang.” Jiho nodded, “Yeah, too much pressure.” – “Omo, you think that’s pressure? What about you and your girlfriend?” – “We’re cool.” I nodded, Taejun patted my head.

“Guess what our birthday gift to you is~”

“You coming to my party..?”

“You’re so smart. Correct!”

I shook my head, “Figures.” Heechul walked over, taking In-Su. “Yah, that’s my dog, Hyung!” He stuck his tongue out. “Shindong needs to show you something, turn around.” – “Oh yeah, we’ll see about that—!” I turned just to get cake in the face. Shindong, Leeteuk, and Heechul’s laugh were the loudest.

“I’ll help you Hyung.” Yejun said, then grabbing a napkin to wipe off the frosting. “Thanks…” I mumbled, he chuckled and nodded. Shindong was still laughing, so I decided to get him back by putting the napkin full of frosting on his face. He grinned, “You’re a bad dongsaeng.” – “Only because you’re a bad Hyung~”

“MiShin alert! Jeez, this is the second time already!”

“Shut up Hyung..!”

Jonghyun jumped on my back, “Happy birthday Hyung!” – “We should do our signature to the camera.” Jonghyun jumped off, and dragged me to the camera man. “Annyeong haseyo we are dumb and dumber!” we cheered together, the camera man laughed.

I patted Jonghyun’s head before walking back over to Kibum and Heechul. “Dog back please~” Heechul rolled his eyes and handed In-Su back over. Donghae walked over, “Omo, I just realized something, Hyung! Bada and In-Su can’t be best friends like us!” I blinked. “Haha, I just realized that too.” Donghae smiled.

“H-hey, if you talk to your sister, tell her I said happy birthday.”

“I’ll tell her, Hyung.”

We looked at Kibum, who only smiled, “I’m taking her out for dinner later.” – “You are?” – “Neh, is that a problem Hyung?” I shook my head, “N-no…” I blushed a bit. I looked over at Donghae who puffed out his cheeks out cutely and looked at Kibum.

“What Hyung, are you jealous?”

“H-huh..? O-of course not, jeez, Kibum…”

Donghae looked down and played with his feet. “Whatever you say, Hyung~” Donghae stuck his tongue out before running away. “Wait, so you’re taking me out for dinner? Jeez, I wouldn’t be surprised if Donghae thought that we are dating.” I laughed; Kibum bit his lip and nodded.

“Yeah, well; where do you want to go?”

“Hmm... it doesn’t matter to me, as long as you’re buying~”

He only smiled, petting In-Su. For some reason I’ve been getting butterflies in my stomach whenever I’m close to him. Though, normally when I like someone I can’t even go near that person without blushing…

Unless I know them already…

No! I can’t like Kibum! Plus I get the same feeling whenever I’m around Donghae, Hyunjoong, and my cousin… ew! Don’t tell me I have like Heechul now!

I shook my head, “Hyung, are you ok?” – “Y-yeah, I just thought about something.” – “Oh, ok.” I nodded, glancing at him. Butterfly alert! I quickly just looked at In-Su, “Well, I’m going to hang out with the others, ok?” Kibum nodded, smiling at me once more.

I smiled back, walking over to Heechul.

Butterfly alert!

Let’s try Hyunjoong.

Butterfly alert!

Ok, well; why did I even try?

I bumped into Donghae, “Are you ok Hyung?”

Butterfly alert!

“Hey, I’m fine; just thinking.” – “Ah, ok.” He smiled and patted my head. I walked over to Yejun, finally no butterflies. “Hi dongsaeng~” I smiled at him; he smiled back, “Hi Hyung—!”

“Sorry that I’m late!”

“Jeez, Jiyong-shii do you have the cake?”

“N-neh, sorry~”

Jiyong..? I haven’t talked to him in months, and we hardly text. Why would he still want to be my friend? Damn. “Hi Mickey Hyung, happy birthday!” he said as he handed the cake to Heechul, who quickly took it and put it on a rolling stand. “Thanks, Jiyong-ah.” He smiled and nodded, “No problem Hyung.”

“Ok, everyone; it’s time to sing happy birthday!”

Yejun grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the cake. I handed him over In-Su, before glaring at Shindong and Heechul. “I swear if you cake me again, I’ll—!” – “Payback Mick!” Sungmin cheered, running around the room happily. “Jeez, how many times are you going to do this?!” – “Minnie wanted to get his revenge, Hyung.” Henry answered, I flicked his forehead.

“Chubby Cheeks just shut up.”

“Ok Hyung!”

I wiped some of the cake off and put it on Henry’s face, making him pout. “Opps, sorry; I had a muscle spasm.” I laughed, Henry pouted. “Yeah, yeah, whatever you say Hyung…” – “You know you love me, fatty.” – “Neh, I love you Hyung~” I smirked.

“If you said you didn’t love me I would have beaten you, good job.”

“Omo; are you threatening me now—?!

“Hey, what about me..? Chase me I put cake in your face!”

Sungmin Hyung, jeez; you’re such a baby. “Are you going to stand there with cake all over you face all day or what?” Hyunjoong asked with a sigh, wiping off the cake on my face. “Hmm, I guess not anymore~ Hyunjoong-ah, give Oppa a kiss~” He rolled his eyes, a grin appearing on his face.

Aish… why does my best friend have to be so handsome~?

“Oh no, he cannot take your first kiss—!”

“Sungmin Hyung already stole my first kiss.”

Heechul glared at Sungmin, who laughed worriedly. “It was a thank you kiss~” he cooed, I smiled. “Neh and Henry wanted one too!” Henry blinked, looking up. He smiled cutely, “I didn’t want to be left out~” Heechul shook his head.

“Anyway~ Hyunjoong give Oppa a kiss!”

“Hey, I’m not a girl!”

“With that haircut you sure do look like one…”

He glared, kissing my cheek. I laughed, “So weak.” I commented, “You used aegyo, how could I resist?” – “I want to give Hyung a kiss too!” Donghae said, kissing my other cheek.

“Omo~ fish germs..!”

“Hyung, be nice!”

“I’m just kidding, it’s better than Chubby Cheek germs~”

Henry pouted and puffed out his cheeks, “You know you love me~” he sang, smirking smugly. “No, I don’t.” I stuck my tongue out. Aw, now he really looked sad, “J-just kidding, I love you Henry!” he skipped away happily while humming; such a child…

“Hyung, can I talk to you?”

“Yeah sure Hyunjoong—”

“Alone, ok?”

I nodded, allowing him to drag me outside and into the hallway. “I know your secret.” He said, holding my hands and pulling me close to the point he mouth was right next to my ear. “W-what secret..?”

“Don’t play dumb, I’m your best friend,” Hyunjoong sighed, I blushed as I felt his hot breath hit my neck. “I know you’re a girl.” He whispered. “How did you find out?” – “Like I just said, I’m your best friend. I could tell.” He answered, with a bit of an annoyed tone.

“Does this change anything..?”

“Do you want anything to change anything, Megan?”

“I-I… well, I still want to be your best friend.”

He looked a bit disappointed. Hyunjoong sighed and nodded, “Ok, fine; your secret is safe with me.” – “Well, I would hope since your my best friend and all.” He flashed me a smile, a very cute one.

“So… are you dating Kibum or something?”

Hyunjoong’s POV

I want to be more than just best friends. It’s not like she doesn’t know my type – other than how she is my type – and how I want to be best friends with my girlfriend. You know nothing mushy.

Hmm, she stuttered. Maybe she likes me..? Well, then she said that she wants to just be friends. Although, she’s also the one that asked… this girl is killing me, god.

“Ok, fine; your secret is safe with me.” – “Well, I would hope since you’re my best friend and all.” I flashed a smile. I mean, we can still hang out, it doesn’t matter if she’s a girl or not. I’ve been her friend even before I knew she was actually a girl, anyway.

I was seriously curious, “So… are you dating Kibum or something?”

----------------------------------------

Omo.. did you know that..

IT WAS KANGIN'S BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY?

I love this guy:) (Even if he broke my heart with WGM >.<)

((Ps. He looks good in glasses;) ))

Enjoy the chapter; heheh, cliff-hanger. I hate cliff hangers.. but I couldn't help but~

Hyunjoong is love <3 (I love Kangin more though~)

I was supposed to post this yesterday, for Kangin's birthday.. but I was tired, and Jiin Unnie reminded me. So yeahhh~

Happy Late Birthday Oppa~