You can, but I can't

The Reason of My Life

Taecyeon looking at the ceiling, since there's any warehouse outside the mansion. The room that used for these guys exercising, he chose to stay there. His pale face and his fists clenching so tightly his tears didn't stop flowing from the eyes. None know he was there.

 

*flashback few moments ago*

 

"How is it?" Taecyeon brought the tray which some foods on the plate. He's preparing the foods, actually he was crying his eyes out at the kitchen that's only the reason he's in the kitchen for hours. He couldn't held the tears anylonger. After he got the called from the doctor named Siwon, his heart beating faster, he became angry but don't know for who. He got hurt but didn't know from who. If he could killing himself as soon as he got the call a while ago, he sure will do that.

 

"It's good!" Sooyoung smiling while kept munch the food. "You should have be a chef! You looked so y when you're cooking." 

 

"I wanted to be a chef, I love to cooking, do you know that?" The confession makes Sooyoung opened her eyes widens surprised.

 

"I will be the cashier in your restaurant then." She chuckling while caressing the hair of Taecyeon. "It must be good, if I could growing old together with you."

 

"W-what do you mean?" Taecyeon shock because of what she said to him. "Sure you will, we will spend our time together, growing old together, let's sharing the happiness together."

 

Sooyoung's glaze eyes staring back to his eyes, the smile turned to be forced as the tears escape as well.

 

After she get out from the bathroom few hours ago, she noticed Taecyeon acted so strange, he suddenly wanted to cooking for her. He running to the kitchen. Then Sooyoung checked her phone and found out Siwon just called her. When she found him crying really hard at the kitchen. She never saw him that weak. 

 

Then she noticed how much she had hurt him because of this ill.

 

"Let's meet up again in the next life time."

 

"Stop talking no sense like that."

 

"I..."

 

"Shut up." Taecyeon said cut the tremble voice of Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung biting her bottom lip while slowly touching Taecyeon's cheek. She caressing it gently transferred the warmth of his skin. "You'll be a great chef right? You will spending your life time as well as before. You are a nice guy, Ok Taecyeon."

 

"Don't leave me, please Sooyoung... Don't leave me." Taecyeon holding her hand and start crying like when he did in the kitchen. "Let's go meet Jiyong. Let's go to his hospital. He'll treat you better He'll cure you."

 

Sooyoung is shaking her head rapidly, "It won't help me. I don't want to make you worried all the time. You will be okay... trust me."

 

"Why are giving up so easily?! Are you a stupid? Let's go now. I won't let you go." Taecyeon got up from the bed and preparing himself to go, get the jacket for Sooyoung.

 

But Sooyoung still at here place on the bed while looking at Taecyeon, "I won't go anywhere..." She said as she looking away to the window as Taecyeon looking at her. "Just let us stay at here..."

 

Taecyeon clench his jaw, he was mad, upset because of Sooyoung.

 

"Please don't force me. I don't want to do that..." Sooyoung told him once more while get up and took steps closer to Taecyeon, she brushing her lips to Taecyeon's. Taecyeon was kissing her back and caressing her arms which became thinner.

 

"Let's try it first."

 

Sooyoung was shaking her head again. "I don't want to..." She said with weak voice while whispering other words after that, "I love you... Taecyeon."

 

Taecyeon loosen the grip on her arms and let her go, while steps back. "I don't love someone who gave up easily."

 

Those words make Sooyoung tears running swifter and frozen at her place while Taecyeon walking out from the room. Kinda regret with what he was saying to Sooyoung. He's leaning his back to the door after he closed it.

 

He could heard Sooyoung's sob behind the door eventhough he already closed the door.  He feels aching over his body by saying those to Sooyoung before. 

 

"I love you  more..." Taecyeon said it slowly.

 

 

*ends of flashback*

 

 

He is in the deep thought crying, he messed up. He's broken more in pieces inside.

 

*****

 

“Neh… Jiyong-ssi. Thanks for the help.” Sooyoung hung up the phone, then sighed while smiling like feel relief about something heavy.

 

At the balcony, Sooyoung smiled looking at the waves at the beach. She promised to herself she will just smiling and trying to be strong because Taecyeon.

 

 Once her arms linking one to another trying give wramth to her own body. It's not cold but the wind seems too much for the woman who getting sick. She could seeing the girls waving their hands towards Sooyoung, they about to leave to buy some indgredients for dinner, and others going as well. Because there's no market wherever inside this island they chose to visit another nearby island and they sure know have to leave mansion since they heard Sooyoung and Taecyeon were arguing at the afternoon. They hope they would make up after they have their own time together.

 

Someone opened Sooyoung's room and that makes her sighing, just thought about another arguing with Taecyeon.

 

"Where's him?" not a familiar voice asked to Sooyoung, make her turned her body in surprised.

 

Sooyoung gasps as she saw he point the gun to her head. "Who are you?! What do you want?"

 

He pushed the gun to her head makes her gulps. "Where is him?!" He yelled.

 

"He left! He left with his friends! Psh... Don't you seen them, stupid!" Sooyoung back yelling at him.

 

His hand landed on the Sooyoung's cheek caused slap sounds so loud and she just falling over on the floor. "Yah! bastard!! What do you think you are doing?!" Sooyoung yelled while kicking his legs. 

 

"I asked you where's he?!" He fired a shot, Sooyoung jumped because stratled of the sound of gun.

 

She knows Taecyeon was not going with them right now. He's somewhere inside this house. It would be better if he wouldn't come and meet this guy. She wants Taecyeon to stop with the gun as she asked him before. 'Stop killing people'. Sooyoung sure know Taecyeon was the one who killing but he doesn't want to hurting people.

 

Sooyoung runs her hand to get the gun inside the drawer and point it at the guy in front of him. That guy just smirking looking at Sooyoung who holding the gun as the hands are shaking.

 

“Who are you?” Sooyoung asked, “Who sends you here?” She’s gulping her saliva trying to keep the gun points and controlled.

 

“Taecyeon’s dad.”

 

“W-what??”

 

Sooyoung tears almost to drop again as she heard, Taecyeon’s dad who sent him to trying killing her. “What-What does he wants? He want to kill me?”

 

He’s smirking. “Do you know… Taecyeon stop working for him, after he met you??”

 

Sooyoung frozen standing in front of him, she’s smiling a little as she knows Taecyeon already stop killing people.

 

“And we used to didn’t let a betrayer to stay alive longer.” He continued with a smirk that makes Sooyoung feels disgusting. “I know you won’t kill me.”

 

“I don’t like people who destroying another’s happy life. Are you envy with Taecyeon huh? He could living well now.” Sooyoung smiled at him and fired the gun to his leg.

 

At the same time he fired gun to Sooyoung stomach, two times.

 

“Sooyoung! W-W…” Taecyeon looking at guy who still standing in front of collapse Sooyoung’s body. “YOU BASTRD!!” Taecyeon running that guy with hard punches. He doesn’t care if he already unconscious because his hard punch he didn’t stop landing his fists. “SON OF !! WHY DON’T YOU JUST STAY AWAY FROM MY LIFE..!!” He’s taking the gun and points to that guy who he knew, he’s right-hand of his father, Taecyeon was often to met him before.

 

“Andwae Taec-ah… stop…”  Sooyoung trying to telling him with her weak voice.

 

Taecyeon stopped and turned his head. “Sooyoungie!” He’s crawling to the side of her. He lift her body, putting his arm around her back. “Breathing…in and out slowly Sooyoung. I will take the bandage.”

 

“Don’t go… Don’t leave me…” Sooyoung said trying to control her own breathing which become heavier.

 

“Sooyoungie” Taecyeon said as he feels the arms of Sooyoung became cold. “Please Sooyoung… stay here with me… mianhae…” Taecyeon press his hand right on the Sooyoung stomach.

 

She’s startled and in pain as Taecyeon did that but after that she tried to smiling. Her hand caressed Taecyeon’s cheek and his face. “You did great Taecyeon.”

 

“Let’s go to hospital I will bring you there.”

 

“They are out to the nearby island to buy our dinner…with the yacht” Sooyoung said weakly but still smiling while Taecyeon face really panic trying to make Sooyoung feeling well.

 

“It’s the time…”

 

“Sooyoung shut up!!” Taecyeon yelled to her. “It’s hurt right? Please don’t talk too much… it will make your blood running out. I will help you.”

 

She’s shaking head, “It’s hurt just a little. Really… I’m okay.” and caressed Taecyeon’s hand. “Promise me to stop kill people with this hands. Your hands are amazing. It so soft, pretty hands.” Sooyoung told him, make him lend closer to her. “Don’t go back to that dark life… It’s not easy to bringing you to this side of life like now. You have to run a restaurant. Live happily…”

 

Taecyeon sobbing as he heard what Sooyoung said to him, “You’re hurting yourself, Sooyoungie. Don’t talk too much.. please.” He asked while pecking Sooyoung forehead.

 

“I’m easy to give up but I am not a weak person…Taecyeon-ah…” She’s holding Taecyeon hand tighter as she felt the shot pain become worse than before. Taecyeon looking at her and silently crying.

 

“You still mad at me aren’t you?”

 

“I never mad at you why should I… Sooyoungie…” He suddenly remember how he replied to her when she said she loves him a while ago. ‘I don’t love someone who gave up easily.’ He’s regretting with what he said to her.

 

“I love you… Sooyoungie.”

 

She’s smiling while the tears just flowing as she heard about those words. “I know you are… I love you back.” She smiled, “Do you remember how bricks and boiled water helped you?”

 

Taecyeon taking a deep inhales as he couldn’t control his own sob. “Hmm?” He tried to smiling and nodding to her, how can he forget the memory when he met with this woman who he loves so much. “You who helped me. I saw the light…” He sighed and taking a deep breath again. “I thought that was an angel who helped me… but then I heard your ugly voice… ‘Ahjussi are you okay?’ I was wondering who is that… between conscious and not… I tried to saw your face… and…” The grip over Taecyeon’s hand loosen, Sooyoung’s hand became weak and her chest stop moving, she’s smiling at Taecyeon when slowly she’s closing her eyes for the last time.  “I fell in love with you… and still does… Sooyoung…” Taecyeon held her weak body closer and tight. “I love you Sooyoung… I love you…” Taecyeon whispering to Sooyoung’s ear while his voice become louder and screams out her name.