Dinner

Beside Her

 

Eunmi cooked the hamburgers and Taemin stuffed his face.

 

"Noona this is awesome," Taemin said, barely understandable around the food he was chewing.

 

"Ya! Swallow before you talk, that's nasty," Eunmi scolded, scrunching her face at the sight she'd gotten of the chewed up hamburger in his mouth.

 

Taemin swallowed and then said, "Sorry," with a smile and then continued stuffing his face. When he finally finished eating he sat back with a sigh, rubbing circles on his flat stomach.

 

"Didn't really think you'd be able to finish three hamburgers," Eunmi said with her eyebrows high on her forehead, "Where does it go?"

 

Taemin patted his stomach contentedly. "It's all here."

 

Eunmi looked at his non-existent stomach doubtfully, then shrugged and started to clear off the table. "I have my doubts, but if you say so."

 

Taemin patted his stomach one last time and followed Eunmi into the kitchen.

 

"I cooked, you ate, you help with dishes," Eunmi said as she started to fill the sink with soapy water.

 

Taemin saluted. "Yessir! What do you want me to do?"

 

"You wash. I'll dry and put them away."

 

They worked silently for the next ten minutes, but then Taemin flicked soap on her and the so the war began. It ended twenty minutes later with the both of them collapsed on the floor leaning against the counters and water and soap covering the kitchen.

 

"That probably wasn't the best idea," Eunmi said, grimacing as she surveyed the mess they'd made.

 

"No," Taemin agreed looking around, "but it was fun," he added with a grin.

 

Eunmi grinned back in silent agreement.