The Morning After

Beside Her

Taemin woke up earlier than usual and smiled at the sight he opened his eyes to: Eunmi. Her arm was thrown over his waist, her legs twined with his, and her head was resting on his chest. He started to twirl his hands in and out of her hair that was spread over his shoulder and arm and then lifted her face and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips as his other hand smoothed over her thigh.

 

He heard his phone suddenly start ringing from the living room and winced at the sudden shrill sound. Eunmi stirred awake at the noise. "T-Taemin?" Her eyes were barely halfway open and her voice was husky with sleep.

 

"Yep," he said as he hugged her closer to him, then let go, untwining himself from her legs and arms and got out of bed. Taemin heard her gasp behind him and turned around as he slipped his boxers on to see her tan face beet red and averted from him as her hands clutched the sheets around her.

 

"Oh, God, last night wasn't a dream, was it?"

 

He chuckled, leaned over her and pecked her on the lips. "Nope." He winced when his phone started ringing again and made his way to the living room to answer to his manager's wrath for going AWOL yesterday.

 

Oh… Oh no… W-we… Oh my God. Eunmi sat there clutching her head as she remembered everything from the night before. Oh God we weren't  even drunk. This only happens in movies when people are drunk. How did we even— Eunmi remembered unbuckling Taemin's belt last night. Oh God I basically asked him to have s— Oh God I can't even think it… Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. What do I do?! Eunmi's thoughts were no longer making sense. She jumped out of bed, still clutching the sheets to cover herself, grabbed any clothes her hands came in contact with in her drawer and basically ran to the bathroom.

 

Eunmi stood in the shower, the water running over her, trying to organize her thoughts, but gave up after a while. As she got dressed she realized all of her jumbled thoughts were  now centered around one question: Taemin and I can stay friends through this -up-of-epic-proportions, can't we?