Nervous

Beside Her

"Ah! Onew! You're Onew of SHINee, right?!"

 

He  was still smiling as he nodded. "I am," he said slowly.

 

That's when Eunmi realized he'd probably have no clue who she was even if she mentioned Taemin. Taemin still hadn't introduced her to any of the members in SHINee and she doubted that with his reticence, he'd even mentioned her to them before. It really did hurt when she thought about it, but she wasn't going to ask Taemin about it again. He'd introduce her when he was ready. It was weird though because she'd actually met his entire family already. She'd met his mom and dad just a few weeks after her and Taemin became friends. It had taken him another five months to introduce his brother to her, but she'd met eventually met him. Damn you, Taemin, for this awkward situation, she thought in annoyance.

 

"You uh… Do you know where the freshman orientation is being held?"

 

"I do. I was actually on my way there because I'm a guest speaker. Do you want to walk together?"

 

"That'd be great," she said in relief

 

When they started to walk, he spoke. "Did you want an autograph? I wouldn't mind if you did..."

 

"Eh? Oh. No. Thanks, though." She realized she may sound weird not asking for an autograph after recognizing him. "A… A friend of mine really likes your group." I can't even think of a lie right now, she thought in surprise. She attributed it to the reaction his smile was causing on her. It was almost blindingly bright. Although it seems kind of strained now that I really look...

 

"Are you okay?" she asked. His smile faded a little and he looked at her with a question in his eyes. "It's just that you look kind of, I don't know… Stressed?" She thought of the complaints Taemin laid on her when he was feeling stressed and she gave a small smile of sympathy. "Paparazzi and fans starting to get to you a bit?"

 

"Uh…" She realized with a start that she probably shouldn't speak so casually with him when she'd just met him.

 

"Ah. Never mind that. Pretend I never said that, okay?" She giggled a bit nervously. Did I just giggle?! What's wrong with you, Yong Eunmi? I don't get nervous…

 

"Thank you," he said looking at her. His eyes were sparkling. "For your concern," he clarified. She gave him a small smile.

 

"I really shouldn't be surprised to see you with another SHINee member, should I?" The voice had come from behind them and Eunmi whirled in surprise at the familiar sneering voice.