Saturday

Beside Her

 

 

A/N: You guys I'm finally back >.< Finals were horrible, but it's vacation now and I can update everyday again =D Hope you enjoy~


 

Eunmi called Taemin that night to tell him about Jinki joining them at her house on Saturday, but he didn't answer his phone so she sent a text.

 

To: Taem

Hey. Just called to tell you this, but since you didn't answer: I met Jinki from your group at freshman orientation and, long story short, he's hanging out with us Saturday. If you want the long story call me…

 

By Saturday Taemin still hadn't called or texted her back and she wondered if maybe he was angry at her for some unknown reason. Eunmi was in the kitchen cooking when she heard the doorbell ring. She opened the door to Jinki.

 

"You're early," she said as she let him in. "You didn't bring Ta with you?"

 

"No, we had separate schedules today."

 

"Oh. Okay. Well I guess he'll be by later."

 

She showed Jinki around the apartment. There wasn't really much to show. It was a simple three bedroom, two bathroom apartment. She had the master bedroom that attached to one of the bathrooms, her dad's bedroom (which hadn't been used in the year she'd been here), the last bedroom had been turned into a library/study. When she pointed her room out to Jinki he seemed to find something interesting on her dresser and walked over to it.

 

He picked up the picture of Eunmi and Taemin at her graduation. "That was right after I'd graduated a couple of months ago," she said walking up and looking at the picture of the two of them smiling brightly at the camera. They'd had a teacher take the picture and Taemin had wrapped her in a bear hug so she'd hugged back, smiled at the camera, and then pushed him away as soon as the picture had been snapped.

 

"I remember him going AWOL for an entire day and night couple of months back and he'd said he was at a graduation celebration when he showed up the next morning. It was yours?"

 

Eunmi nodded, blushing slightly at the memory as she took the picture frame and placed it back in its spot on her dresser.

 

"I have to finish cooking. You can either watch me or watch TV. Your choice."