A fan of Me

Beside Her

 

"I can show you." The big guy had chimed in while the pretty one Eunmi had asked to show her to the cafeteria as an excuse to get him away from the big guy still seemed confused.

 

Eunmi's bright smile slowly faded when she turned to look at him. They don't know you. Keep calm. Her brow furrowed and turned down. "I don't like bullies," she said bluntly.

 

He smiled. Ugh. No. Give up. "That wasn't bullying. He's my dongsaeng. Dongsaengs aren't supposed to disrespect their sunbaes."

 

Eunmi almost rolled her eyes, but caught herself before she did. "Sunbaes are supposed to respect their dongsaengs too." With that, she looped her arm through the pretty guy's and started walking away with him, almost dragging him because he still seemed to be confused.

 

After dragging him for a few minutes, she stopped abruptly and let go of him. "You should probably stay away from them for a while. I probably got you in more trouble with them, but at least you're good for now, right?" She gave him a small smile and started walking away, once again looking for a place to nap.

 

She heard footsteps behind her and then someone grabbed her arm. She turned around to see the pretty guy looking at her. He still seemed confused.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Are you a fan?"

 

"Of... who?"

 

He stared at her for a second. "Me..." He finally said.

 

"A fan... Of 'Me'..." Eunmi felt like she'd missed something. "Uhm. No? Why would I be? Are they a really famous band here or something?"

 

Taemin started to smile. "No. Not a band called 'Me.' I meant me as in me," he said pointing at himself. She tilted her head. "No?" he asked looking surprised.

 

She shook her head. "I've lived in America for the past 8 years. I really have no idea who you are."

 

He smiled. When he smiled, it was almost angelic. She softened and held out her hand. "I'm Yong Eunmi." It was the first time today that she voluntarily introduced herself.

 

He took her hand, slightly bowing. "I'm Lee Taemin." He let go of her hand and looked around. "You wanted to know where the cafeteria is right?"

 

She shook her head. "I wasn't actually looking for the cafeteria, but that guy was being an so..." she shrugged.

 

"Thank you," he said bowing.

 

"No problem." She turned around to continue her search for a place to nap.

 

"So where are you going?" He asked, walking with her.

 

She glanced at him. "To nap. Not sure where yet, but... Do you know anywhere quiet where I can nap?"

 

Taemin thought for a moment before he smiled and nodded. He started walking ahead and she followed.