Just Cry

Beside Her

 

Why don't they care?! Eunmi thought as she continued to sob into Taemin's chest. What's wrong with me that makes them not care?!

 

"Nothing," Taemin whispered fiercely into her ear. "Nothing's wrong with you. It's them." Eunmi realized with a shock that she'd spoken her thoughts aloud. She stopped crying abruptly, suddenly embarrassed at letting anyone, even Taemin, see this weakness of hers.

 

Her grip on his shirt loosened and she started to pull away, but Taemin's hold in her hair and on her back tightened. "Don't pull away. I know you hate crying, but you need it sometimes, Eunmi. You can't live not caring, Eunmi, especially when it's your parents that are the ones hurting you. You're not weak because you're crying. You're human and you need this. So just cry on me, okay? I'll take it all."

 

The tears had started again before he'd finished what he was saying. She wasn't sobbing anymore, but the tears were coming fast and so she wrapped her arms around his thin waist, leaned her head into his chest, and let them fall as Taemin rubbed her back and her hair.

 

They stayed like that for another fifteen minutes until she was sure there was nothing left to cry before Eunmi dropped her arms from around Taemin's waist and stepped back, but only a bit because Taemin's arms were still around her. "Thanks," she mumbled, looking somewhere off to the side because she couldn't get herself to look at him with her eyes still swollen and red from the crying.

 

Taemin's hand that has been her hair just moments before came around to rest on her cheek and pull her face to look up at him. "You're welcome," he replied with a smile. God, he's beautiful. Eunmi couldn't seem to take her eyes off of his face. Even as his smile faded, she continued to stare, slightly entranced by every part of his face.

 

"God, you're beautiful," she mumbled out loud.

 

"Hm," Taemin murmured, lost in a trance of his own.

 

Eunmi shook her head slightly and started to turn away, "Maybe we should—"

 

She never finished her sentence because  Taemin once again turned her face back to him with the hand resting on her cheek, but this time when she turned his lips were there to meet hers.