o5

Mysterious Destinies

start of chapter 5 by B_ann1

 

.............................................................

 

 

Night fell sooner than anyone had expected and the air started to get cold. Those who had ended up alone in groups soon found themselves shivering as the extra jackets and blankets had been left in the luggage. The darkness of the woods hid in itself few groups of people out of which one of them was in quite a big danger.

 

”Okay... Where are we?” Sora snorted. ”Where's everyone else? And why is it so cold?” She wasn't wearing a jacket but just a short sleeved shirt.

”I don't know...” Mi-Cha said, shiwering. ”Are the rest of them together? I don't like this. There's only five of here...” she quickly counted the people with them. Aside from her and Sora, Sungyeol, Kyunglim and Kikwang where with them.

”We shouldn't worry about others when we're pretty much screwed ourselves”, Kikwang pointed out. ”I've never been this deep in the forest. How can we locate ourselves?”

”Maybe if we could get to some high hill or open area...” Sungyeol started.

”But there is no such place here”, Kyunglim pointed out. ”I guess we have no choice but to wait until the day comes. It's too dark to see anything in this jungle.”

”Umm, we'd have to spend the night here?” Mi-Cha asked. ”I'm not particularly fond of that idea.”

”But since we don't know where we are...”

”Oh for piece sake”, Sora snapped. ”It can't be this hard.” She walked around for a moment, scrutinizing the trees around them and after finding the tallest one, she stared climbing.

“Are you stupid?” Kikwang asked. “What if you fall down?”

“Shut up”, Sora said and continued climbing. After a few minutes she had managed to get high enough to see around. She was trying to see something in the darkness. “Hey, there's something!” she yelled. “A palace!”

 

“Anyone hungry?” Himchan asked, trying to lighten up the gloomy mood. “We're lucky the food bag is here.” Myungsoo and him were taking out the goods from the bag and trying to decide what to eat. The four other people were pacing around.

“How can you think about food when we're lost like this!” Yerin complained.

“Whether we worry or not, is not going to make anyone's situation any better”, Woohyun said. “Besides, I can tell you're hungry... “

“That's not the point!” Yerin raised her voice. “Why did I had to end up with you?”

“That's not very friendly.”

“Cut is, you two”, Deul Lae interrupted them. “I agree with Yerin. We need to find the others. Taemin is not here, I'm too worried to eat or sleep. We ran for hours to escape those damn ninjas.”

“There's a couple more people than just your Taemin missing”, Minah said.

“If my calculations are correct, we're short fourteen people exactly”, Sookyung pointed out.

“Why is it so dark here! Aish!” Deul Lae complained and sat down to the ground. “Ouch! What is that?!” She looked at the sharp object on which she had sat. “Looks like a clear rock.”

“It is transparent rock that reminds me of the hardest stone in there world”, Sookyung said and started digging up the stone. “However, diamonds physical attributes are a bit different from this one as this...”
“We don't need a lecture of the qualities of this rock”; Deul Lae said, snatched the stone from Sookyung's hand. “I need Taemin!” She was about to throw the rock into the woods, when someone grabbed her wrist.

“No, wait!” Myungsoo said. “That looks familiar.”

 

The branches of the trees where scratching their bodies as they ran as fast as they could. The three of them were chased by five men in samurai outfits, riding black horses.

“How did we end up this way?” Min Hyun panted. “I thought they gave up.”

“These are not the same men”, Minhi said. “The previous ones had different clothes. And they were much slower. No horses, remember?”

“What are we gonna do?” Min Hyun yelled at the cute boy running with them.

“I don't know”; Sungjong said. “We need to find a place to hide. Fighting them would be just mad and I don't think it's a good idea to let them catch us.”

“Yes, but- Aaaah!” Minhi screamed and fell down. At first the two others didn't notice anything but soon enough Minhyun noticed that the other girl was missing and stopped running.

“What happened?” Sungjong turned to look back as the men caught Minhi and captured her.

“We can't leave her”, Min Hyun cursed and ran back. Sungjong followed her closely. “Let go of her!” She yelled to the men who didn't seem to understand a word she was saying.

“Minhi, are you alright?” Sungjong shouted to the girl whose face looked like she was in pain.

“My... Leg...” Minhi sighed as if every word she said would have caused her more pain.

Minhyun's and Sungjong's eyes widened as they noticed the two bite marks on her ankle. A few meters away a bright read snake was slithering away from the scene.

 

“This is all your fault”, ChunHee muttered with gritted teeth as she was trying to escape from the tight ropes binding her to the four guys. “You should have let me take care of the muscle guy. You had no chances.”

“I had better chances than you would ever have”, Hoya, on her right side snapped back at her. “You were the one who fell down, so shut up woman!”

“He tripped me up with the ing sword of his”, ChunHee shot back.

“Be quiet both of you!” Dongwoo yelled. “Fighting is not going to get us anywhere.”

“He is right”, said JR, who was tied between Dongwoo and Hoya. “We are stuck here, in this damn carriage and these dudes are gonna take us somewhere. Probably to get killed. In a sense it's fortunate that most of us escaped but this is not a good situation. The others might have already died.”
“Don't say things like that!” Taemin immediately whined. “I don't want to think like that...”

“None of us do”, Hoya said. “And just to add up the bad things list, we can't see anything. Why did they have to close us inside here?”

“We need to get out before we arrive to the destination, but...” Dongwoo stopped in the middle of the sentence. “Is our speed slowing down?”

“Yes”, ChunHee nodded. “Oh no, are we there already?”

“”, Dongwoo said. “What are we gonna do now?”

The door of the carriage was opened and a men with weird black clothing said something in a language nobody understood.

“Take the spare”, the man said, switching to Korean.

“What?” JR muttered. “Who is that?” The men had already climbed into the wagon and started untying their ropes. The guys realized too late that there was only one of them who could be the one they didn't need.  

 

 

From Banny :D

 

.....................................

 

end of chapter 5 by B_ann1