11

Mysterious Destinies

 

Sungjong and Minhyun walked quietly while Minhi was riding the horse and Soori was guiding her.

 

Well, it was more like she was just slumped over the horse because she was too weak to even sit properly.

 

Sungjong looked at Minhyun and suddenly talked about a lot of stuff to make things less awkward. Pretty soon, they were talking like they were old friends.

 

“There was this girl back in the village who kept on saying that she’d marry me soon.”

 

“Really? Do you like her, too?” Minhyun said. She suddenly felt nervous at what his response would be.

 

“I’m not sure…” Sungjong said, putting a finger on his chin. He was thinking like a child. “Hmmm…. But I’m really not sure.” He laughed.

 

It was probably the first time that Minhyun saw Sungjong like this.

 

“I see… that must mean that you like her, too.” Minhyun said disappointed. She didn’t know why but her heart ached a little.

 

“You’re pretty reliable but you’re really fun to talk to, as well.” Minhyun said.

 

“Well, it’s just sometimes, I get too caught up in this whole thing. After all, this is a serious business.”

 

……………………………….

 

The stranger clicked his tongue in annoyance.

 

“This is getting really serious.” He said. “Pack your things. We’re going to Emperor Key. You need to find the others and do what you were originally sent for.”

 

It was true. All of you kind of forgot about your real mission.

 

But because of all the happenings even just at the beginning of your journey, who wouldn’t forget?

 

“Aigoo, we weren’t even able to rest well.” Woohyun said as he laughed.

 

L looked at the stranger seriously. “I don’t know who you are, but you’re right. The others are in danger.”

 

As L finished his sentence, the girls who originally occupied the room, looked worriedly at him.

 

“Wh-what happened to the others?” Kyunglim said in worry.

 

Hoya sighed. “The girls let themselves be captured by the guards of the enemy’s kingdom in order for us to be saved.”

 

“We must save them!” Dongwoo said, determined.

 

They all went quiet.



“I know. We must save them, I know.” Mi Cha said, almost in tears. “But how?!”

 

And again, no one answered.

 

“Anyway, there are seven guys here.” Himchan said, counting. “Where are Sungjong, Kikwang, and Sungyeol?”

 

“They—“

 

Whoever was talking was cut off by the mysterious stranger who coughed loudly intentionally to get noticed. “Are you done packing your things? We need to get to Emperor Key as soon as possible. In this rate, if you don’t make a move, even our kingdom is going to get surrounded by enemies.”

 

“Did Emperor Key send you?” Sora asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

The others nodded their heads as they piled up to leave the room.

 

As soon as they got out of the room, two other guys joined them.

 

Those were Kikwang and Sungyeol.

 

The two ran up to the group quickly.

 

“Are you okay? Someone told us that you were in danger!” Kikwang said to everyone. Actually, it was more like he was just talking to Kyunglim as he grasped her shoulders.

 

Kyunglim was taken aback. This guy, this flirt of a guy, was touching her!

 

“Yah, moron, you’re scaring her!” Mi Cha said. “You shou—“ But she couldn’t talk as Sungyeol pulled her close to him as she blushed uncontrollably.

 

“I’m gald that you’re safe.”

 

The other just stared at them. “Err… That’s really sweet but I think the man over there,” Sora pointed to the stranger, “is getting impatient.” She then whispered to the others, “He’s a sharp shooter. If he gets angry, he might shoot us before we could even come across the enemies.”

 

Sungyeol reluctantly pulled away from Mi Cha. He then held her hand. “From now on, I’ll be protecting you.” He smiled at Mi Cha, his playful attitude suddenly gone as he worriedly gazed at her.

 

Mi Cha could only nod as she blushed even more.

 

They continued to walk as the girls explained to Sungyeol and Kikwang what happened earlier.

 

“Aigoo, he shot you?!” Kikwang brushed some stray hair strands from Kyunglim’s face. “Good thing he didn’t hit you. I’d be sad if he did.” He cupped Kyunglim’s face.

 

“E-Err…” Kyunglim looked over at the others and pleaded for help.

 

But the others just continued walking.

 

“You must be tired, you want me to carry you?” Kikwang playfully said.

 

Suddenly, Kyunglim was being lifted off the ground. Kikwang was carrying her bridal style. “There, now it’s more comfortable.”

 

Suddenly, they saw four figures coming their way.

 

Three were walking while the other was in what looked like a horse.

 

“M-Minhi!!!” Mi Cha tried running to her friend but got pulled away by Sungyeol whose hand was still holding hers.

 

“Don’t. Let them go to her instead. You’re staying with me.”

 

Mi Cha pouted. “But…”

 

Sungyeol blushed at Mi Cha. “Aigoo, fine!!!” He let go of her hand.

 

“Thanks!” Mi Cha hugged Sungyeik before going to Minhi.

 

Minhi weakly opened her eyes as she almost fell from the horse.

 

Luckily, JR caught her. “Has she taken her antidote?” JR said in an emotionless tone.

 

“Y-yes.” Soori said meekly.

 

“The others… are… in danger…” Minhi said.

 

JR looked at her. He didn’t show it, but he was worried.

 

JR gripped her tightly. “I’ll carry her. It will be better that way.”

 

“Where did you get the horse?” Himchan asked Sungjong.

 

“Somewhere.” Sungjong shrugged.

 

“We’ll go back to the palace.” Hoya told the newcomers.

 

“But we just got here!” Sungjong whined.

 

The others were surprised. Sungjong used to seem so responsible. Not childish like this.

 

“It’s okay, it WAS our fault anyway, for wanting to go here.” Minhyun said as he pat Sungjong’s back. Sungjong smiled at her.

 

On the way, Kikwang noticed that Sora was the only one not having romantic moments.

 

Being the mischievous matchmaker that he is, he put down Kyunglim for a while. “Wait here, I’ll just do something.” He winked at Kyunglim before walking over to Sora.

 

He purposely squeezed her closer to Myungsoo as he said, “You look lonely, Sora-yah, do you need someone to make you feel better?” It was loud enough for L to hear.

 

Kikwang saw L look their way secretly. He smirked as he put an arm around Sora.

 

“What are y—I can take care of myself!”

 

“Aww, but babe—“

 

“I usually don’t mind you flirting with girls but—!!!“ L realized that he had just snapped so he coughed to regain his composure.

 

“Okay, okay. It’s not like I’m betraying my beloved, anyway. I told you, there’s already someone else that I’m setting my eyes on.” L laughed playfully and went back to teasing Kyunglim.

 

L scoffed.

 

“Err… thanks, I guess?” Sora told L awkwardly.

 

“I wasn’t helping you.” L scoffed again.

 

Sora scoffed back but in the process, tripping.

 

L caught her wrist and helped her up.

 

She looked at L again. “Th-thanks… again.”

 

L gave her a scowl instead. “Weakling.”

 

But he then tripped because of the rocky terrain. This time, Sora helped her up.

 

Sora laughed. “Weakling!” She said. L fought hard not to laugh.

 

Kikwang saw that and smiled to himself.

 

Maybe things are going well after all.

 

All of them started moving quickly.

 

They need to go back to the palace.

 

And save the others.

 

…………

 

The five girls, Sookyung, Yerin, Deul Lae, Chunhee, and Minah, successfully got out of the castle.

 

“Hurry, hurry!!!” Yerin yelled.

 

Not thinking of where to go, they just followed wherever their feet took them.

 

But then, they reached a dead end.

 

Horrified, Yerin slumped down on the ground. “We failed!!!”

 

“No, let’s just go back and find another path!” Chunhee said, determined to escape, not losing courage.

 

‘W-wait!” Minah said as Chunhee was just about to run again.

 

The others looked at Minah. She was pointing at something.

 

There was a marble statue of a woman holding a stone in her hands.

 

The stone was glowing.

 

“Th-that’s--!” Sookyung said, shocked.

 

Chunhee couldn’t believe her eyes. “D-do you think it’s the real gem?!”

 

“I don’t know but we need to make sure.” Minah said.

 

Deul Lae walked over to the stone. “Is it okay if I just take it?” She asked the others.

 

The four nodded. “M-maybe…”

 

“Then I’lll—“ As soon as Deul Lae touched the stone, her head threw back as the stone glowed even more. Her eyes went blank and she froze.

 

“D-Deul Lae?” Yerin asked worriedly.

 

Sookyung walked up to Deul Lae but when Sookyung touched Deul Lae, Deul Lae quickly slapped her hand away forcefully—so strong that it sent Sookyung to the ground.

 

“Ow…!” Sookyung yelled. The others ran up to her.

 

“What are you doing, Deul Lae?!” Chunhee held Sookyung.

 

“Deul Lae, put it back to the statue, it’s controlling you!” Yerin said as she tried to make Deul Lae put the stone back to its place.

 

Unfortunately, she, too, touched it.

 

And like Deul Lae her eyes went blank.

 

Minah ran up to Yerin but Deul Laehit her with her hand holding the stone.

 

And like the two of them, Minah also became frozen.

 

“Sookyung, we need to get out of here. They’re not in their right minds!” Chunhee yelled.

 

Suddenly, they heard a clap come out of an opening.

 

“This is great. Everything went according to my plan.” It was Emperor Junhyung.

 

“What did you to them?” Sookyung said, angry.

 

“And what did you do to the stone?!” Chunhee growled.

 

“I couldn’t take the stone. Only those who are in the legend can take it. So I made YOU take it for me, instead.” He laughed evilly.

 

He then walked over to Minah and brushed the back of his hand on her face.

 

“So pretty.” He said.

 

“Don’t touch her!!!” Chunhee yelled.

 

Junghyung looked at the other two. “I knew I couldn’t make you obey me using the poison.” He laughed. “But I had to remind you that even if you shed all your blood, only the antidote can cure you, nothing else aside from that. The gems can cure you, too, but where can you get one?” He laughed even more.

 

“You’re evil!” Sookyung said as she seethed her teeth.

 

“I know.” He laughed like a maniac. “The stone  turned like this because the poison I injected you with is a poison from an evil creature. If evil creatures take hold of the stones, the stones become evil as well, did you not know?”

 

He walked to Yerin and her cheek.

 

Chunhee threw a stone at him.

 

Junhyung pulled back and glared at her.

 

He then walked over behind Deul Lae and s his arms around her. His right arm was on her shoulder while the other was on her waist. “Now, give me the stone.” He whispered to Deul Lae.

 

And Deul Lae obeyed.

 

Then there was thunder.

 

“Let’s get out of here!” Chunhee pulled Sookyung as they ran, trying to escape.

 

Trying to look for the others.

 

Trying to save themselves.

 

Trying to save everyone.

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

That’s all! I hope I did well.

 

By the way, I just re-read the character profiles and saw that Sookyung wasn’t supposed to talk but everyone was giving her speech lines so I went along with it, I hope you don’t mind.

 

Anyway, to the next author, I hope I gave enough stuff to give you idea of what to write next. FIGHTING!

 

Also, I'll be gone for two weeks so please send your updates to ChocolateSky instead. You can ask for her e-mail address. :>

 

I added her as a co-author so she can be the one to update this while I'm gone. 

 

:)