16

Mysterious Destinies

By kikichai

 

Taemin was lying on the soft bed, tossing and turning. His mind was filled with questions and mostly importantly Duel Lee. Taemin tossed and rolled around on the matress groaning in pain, but not from his wound, but from his heart. How could Duel Lee just hurt him like that and not show remorse? Taemin just sighed and closed his eyes.

 

-Flashback-

“Oppa…” Deul Lee whined while tugging onto his arm.

“Bwwoh?!” Taemin whipped around and shouted into her face.

“O-oppa…” She whimpered slowly shrinking away from his piercing gaze. Taemin softened when he realized she was crying.

“Deul Lee…” Taemin extended his hand but Deul Lee just shrugged away. Taemin dropped his hand by his side. Taemin lowered his head and sighed, he forcefully tugged on her and pulled her into a tight hug. He inhaled her scent, the smell of her strangely calmed him.

 

“Oppa is sorry…” Taemin whispered and her affectionately. Deul Lee just sniffed against his shirt, her hands clutching onto like if it was her lifeline.

“Does… o-oppa hate me?” She mumbled against his chest. Taemin pulled away and tilted her head up.

“I will never hate you…” He lifted her chin up with his index finger and his thumb making them meet eyes.

“Really?”  Her eyes glimmering with tears threating to fall any moment.

“Really.” He stated, then pulled them into a deep kiss full of passion. Right as they were going to run out of air they both pulled away. Taemin leaned his forehead onto hers.

“I love you Deul Lee.” 

“I love you too oppa.” She smiled and their lips met again.

-Flashback ended-

 

Taemin shot his eyes open, he looked out the window still sensing it was the middle of the night. He must’ve slept during the day; he rolled over to the side feeling the emptiness of the space next to him. Taemin just sighed.

 

Deul Lee ah… what happened to you?

--

“Mm, that’s a very good idea indeed…” Junhyung grinned evilly.

“I know right?” Hyunseung said proudly.

“Tomorrow take them to Kibum’s Kingdom. Make sure they get inside, the rest will happen by itself. Got it?” Junhyung said to Yerin and Deul Lee. Minah was about to follow them when Junhyung stopped her.

“Minah, my pretty. Come over here.” Junhyung gestured her to come over. Minah obediently went over. Junhyung smirked and his lips.

“Yes?” Minah bowed to him.

“I have a special task for you. Are you willing to take it up?” Junhyung asked her while leaning back onto his seat.

“Yes, anything for you.” She replied.

“I want you to follow your other two friends, make sure they get the stone. I don’t want them running to other people, make sure they stay on track.” Junhyung told her.

“Okay, I will try my best.” She bowed, then Minah was handed a small sling bag and a sword. 

“Everything you need is in that bag, food, water, rope, medication, map and compass. The sword is for defense and attack. Come back with the other stones, or don’t come back at all.” Junhyung narrowed his eyes at her, she just nodded in return. Minah slung the around her shoulder and turned, but then suddenly she was stopped by the calling other name by no other than Junhyung himself.  Junhyung walked up to her and spun her around, he lifted her chin using his thumb and index finger and he tilted his head to the side.

“It would be a shame if I didn’t see your beautiful face again.” Junhyung let her chin go and Minah walked off. Junhyung turned to Hyunseung and Dongwoon standing there fumbling with their fingers.

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?” Junhyung barked and the two scurried off.

--

 

The two girls woke up before anyone else, while most of the guys were sleeping and drooling their heads off.  Sookyung and Chunhee were sitting around the fire keeping themselves warm and eating food they found near the campsite area. Suddenly Chunhee clutched her head and softly groaned making Sookyung turn but not loud enough to wake the boys.

“Yah…” Sookyung whispered, “Are you okay? Is the poison affecting you?” 

“No, I have this bad feeling…. About the other girls,” Then Chunhee faced Sookyung her eyes full of concern, “Do you think they’ll be alright?” 

Sookyung shifted in her seat and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “It’ll be alright, even though their under his evil spell, I’m sure their find a way out. For now, let’s just worry about the antidote and the stones.

Then Hoya shifted in his sleep and woke up, rubbing his eyes. He looked around and saw the two girls chatting away by the warm fire attempting to keep themselves warm during the cold winter mornings. The only sound that was being made was the crackling of the wood and the small sounds of hushed whispers. Hoya got up and approached the two girls.

“Good morning Sookyung…” He looked at her but then turned to the other, “Good morning Chunhee.”

“Oh Hoya…” Chunhee gasped and patted the seat next to her on the log she was sitting on. “Sit, we just ate breakfast there’s some if you want any.” She offered.

“I’m fine…” Hoya replied.

“You need strength for today’s hike though…” She told him, her voice full of concern.

“Are you feeling better? Is anything hurting?” Hoya touched her arm lightly. Sookyung watched the two interact with each other and she sighed. She only had one person in mind… Himchan. 

Dongwoo, Woohyun and Kikwang woke up and groaned. 

“Isn’t it time we get going?” Kikwang asked.

“Not till everyone gets breakfast,” Sookyung stated.

“Argh… my back…” Dongwoo stood up and rubbed his back like a old man with back problems. “Remind me never to sleep on the ground. Ever.” He groaned again.

“AH! My face!” Woohyun poked his eyebags. “Aish… I need to wash my face.” He then brushed the lint of his clothes.

“Seriously Woohyun? We’re both dying and all you can think of is your face?” Chunhee grunted.

“Yah, my face is important.” Woohyun snapped, making Sookyung giggle slightly.

--

 

“Minhi…” JR approached her. 

“What?” She said with crossed arms.

“Yerin, Minah and Deul Lee…” He just said.

“W-what about them?” Her arms now to her side. 

“Poison, Taemin… got stabbed by Deul Lee…” He said.

“What… are they dead?” She clutched her shirt.

“No… they’re fine. They’re going to find the antidote, and Taemin is recovering, he’s in Kibum’s room resting now.” JR placed a hand on her shoulder.  Kyunglim had arrived behind the couple.

“Did you hear?” Kyunglim asked Minhi.

“Yeah, JR just told me everything…” She replied.

“What should we do?” Kyunglim asked, then Himchan popped out of nowhere.

“Stay here and train. We can’t do anything in this situation now since their far from us.” Himchan stated.

“WE CAN’T JUST STAY HERE AND LET OUR FRIENDS DIE!” Sora protested as Myungsoo tried to calm her down.

“What else do you want to do then?” Himchan raised an eyebrow at her.

“I… I don’t know… But we can’t just…” She was on the verge of tears, Myungsoo pulled her head in to lay on his shoulder, letting the tears getting absorbed by his shirt.

“Where’s Sungjong?” Minhyun asked.

“He went to get food with Sungyeol.” Myungsoo stated, still calming Sora down.

“I’m going with him then.” Minhyun left without any answer.

“YAH! GUYS COME OVER HERE!” Mi Cha shouted from the window. The group made their way towards the window and pointed to the sky. 

“What?” Kyunglim asked.

“See the sky?” Mi Cha pointed.

“Yeah, what about it?” Minhi asked. Mi Cha then scanned her finger down the page of a thick book.

“It says pink skies are a sign of someone returning to a family or somewhere they belong.” Mi Cha stated.

“So does that mean one of our friends are returning back to us?” Sora hiccupped

“Maybe… maybe not… Let’s just have hope and hope they return back to us safely…” Minhi sighed as the group just stared out the window looking at the pink sky.