weekend fun pt. 1

Falling From the Sky

Aron POV

 

Through a stressful first week back at school, came the amazing weekend. Since my attack my mom has come to know and love my friends, Ren being her favorite because of his knowledge of fashion. She had been excited for this weekend since they all promised to sleep over, and go shopping along with my mom on Saturday.

It had been a while since I had gone out shopping for clothes, or anything really. I was looking forward to it as well. Spending some time with my mom and my friends, who enjoyed each other's company just as much as I enjoyed theirs. After school on Friday we all walked back to my house. My mother was waiting at the door when we arrived with a tray of food for all of us.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Kwak," they all greeted my mom and bowed. She smiled happily at them and returned the bow.

"Hello, oh Aron... I need to talk to you really quick," My mother pushed me aside. I waved to my friends to go up to my room. I looked back to my mom to see what she needed. "Don't forget to take your pills ok?" She placed two rather large pills in my hand. I groaned. I hated taking pills. She picked at my hair, disliking my style of haircut even though it was more traditional compared to Ren's or Baekho's.

"Araso," I said. My mom pulled me in a tight hug. "Mom..." I groaned.

"Ehhh...how come he gets a hug and we don't?" I heard Ren speak by the stairs. My mom let go of me as she laughed. Ren was the first one to come over and receive a hug from my mom.

"May I call you Umma from now on, Mrs. Kwak?" Ren asked. I smacked his arm making him laugh.

"Of course! All of you may," My mom smiled at them all, continuing to give hugs to all of them. "Make sure Aron takes his pills, ok?" My mom pestered them but they all agreed to it. After we all received hugs we went upstairs to my room. There wasn't much to do in my room except to play video games, which Baekho and JR enjoyed. Minhyun on the other hand liked to talk to me, a lot...asking me about a lot of weird things...like what was my hobby when I was younger and what kind of books I liked to read...but surprisingly I had the most in common with him.

Ren wasn't one for video games either...he enjoyed looking at himself in the mirror and looking through clothes to see what would be a perfect outfit.

"Aron...I'm totally shopping for you tomorrow...you have no fashion sense..." He scowled at every piece of clothing I owned.

"Well...in America not many people cared about fashion...they liked to wear what was comfortable..." I explained to him which just made him more upset.

"I'm never going to America then, no offence Aron," He winked at me before looking back at the clothes I had in my dresser.

"What's America like?" Minhyun asked me.

"It's quite like here I guess...just less based off of respect for elders," I replied. It was the truth. Not many people paid respects to their elders, a lot of people wore comfortable clothes not caring about fashion, but a lot of them were caring and not because they had to be.

"We should have a movie night!" Ren suddenly suggested. I smiled liking his idea.

"I know where my dad keeps a stash of horror movies," I said sinisterly.

"YES!" Baekho screamed. He jumped up and began jumping around my room. "I won! I won! What now JR hyung?!" He screamed and taunted JR who was looking grumpy.

"I agree with movies," JR stood and moved for the stairs, hoping to get out of ear shot of the winner of the game. It didn't take us long to settle in the living room with small snacks that wouldn't ruin our dinner, as my mother put it, and a movie in the dvd player. For now we were watching comedies till after my mom and dad went to bed.

My mom watched a movie with us until it was time for her to make dinner. We even paused when my father came home from work so my friends could greet him properly. Ren moved from his seat so my father could join us on the couch to finish the movie before dinner. During dinner we sat at the table and ate in silence since that was the proper thing to do in Korea. After dinner, we continued to sit at the table and talk like one large family. My parents asked about school and what my friends wanted to do for their future.

"Maybe you boys can help Aron... he hasn't found out what he wants to do yet," My father insisted, staring at me with pride. He wasn't like most Korean, or even asian fathers, that wanted their son to inherit his business or whatever. He wanted me to do what I loved. I liked that about my family.

"He should be a singer!" Ren insisted. My mother was surprised. "He has a great voice! You should hear him!" Ren insisted to my parents. I looked down at the table shyly. I never told my parents about my adventure with singing in a garage...since my attack came right after that...

"If that's what you want to do son, go for it!" My father patted my back. It ended our talking at the dinner table and we all moved back to the living room to continue watching movies.

"You know... there are a lot better things to do then to sit here... your young and wild... shouldn't you go out and have fun?" My father asked.

"Dad..." I gave him a warning tone before looking outside at the ever increasing dark sky.

"Aron you can't be scared of that forever... there will be times you will have to go outside at night..." I groaned at the thought of ever going out late at night again.

"Don't pressure him... We all ready pressured him into going back to school before he wanted to," My mother stuck up for me.

"I'm just saying..." My father smiled warmly before turning back to the tv. I sighed with relief that he didn't make us all go out.

"Actually I'm craving some ice cream... we should go get some..." Baekho spoke up. JR pinched his arm making him scream. "That hurt hyung!" Baekho yelled at JR.

"Oh the big bad ninja hurt from a small pinch," JR joked making me laugh before looking out the window again. As much as I didn't want to do this...my father was right...

"Let's go get some ice cream then," I said. Everyone looked at me surprised.

"Really we don't have to Aron..." Baekho smiled.

"No its ok. I want to," I said. I pulled on a jacket and prepared myself to leave. My mother kissed my forehead.

"Be careful...but don't worry...ok?" My mother had tears in her eyes... I was sure she wasn't ready just as much as I wasn't. I nodded, pretending to be strong in front of her. I didn't want her to worry about me anymore. With that we all left my house and walked down the street towards the center of town.

"Don't worry ninja Baekho will protect you from anything," Baekho winked.

"Ninja Baekho...the one who gets hurt from pinches...is going to protect you..." JR joked again. I laughed as Baekho stared angrily at his hyung. JR shrugged as he continued to walk.

"Mianhae Aron hyung... I can't fight very well...but I'd try my best," Minhyun spoke, his voice soft. I smiled at him, acknowledging him slowly.

"It's ok Minhyun...I apparently can't either..."

"Oh...another thing we have in common," Minhyun laughed happily. I laughed with him. Everyday we were finding things that we had in common.

 

 

 

20120618_nuest_radio2.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2iSYPLeXfKLFytzaFHQb

tumblr_m8n7srBZCm1qc9wxfo4_1280.jpg600full-nu'est.jpgNUEST.jpg

 

here you go... finally a happy chapter :D

this one makes me happy and of course another appearance of ninja Baekho ^_^

-LHY