weekend fun pt.3

Falling From the Sky

Aron POV

 

After we finished shopping for clothes we began complaining about our stomachs being empty. Even my mom complained that her belly was growling for some delicious food. We walked together in a rather large group towards another part of town where a lot of open markets were placed, and where we could order food from a side stand.

Everything had been perfect today. We were having a lot of fun, trying on new clothes and talking about the randomest stuff, but that is where the fun stopped. In the center of the market we were practically surrounded by a lot of kids that went I went to school with. Even outside of school they disliked me, and they openly commented.

"Is he seriously together with his mom? That's so embarrassing..." One girl giggled off to her friend. My mom had even heard the comment.

"Aron?" My mom questioned me.

"They're kids from our school Mrs. Kwak," Baekho put in his two cents about the situation.

"How shabby," A boy from school was the next person to walk by us.

"Aron?" My mom's voice was taking a different tone. Another group of boys passed us, beginning to throw things at me. I bowed my head, trying to keep out of sight from anyone who might notice me. "How long has this been going on for? No respect," My mother snidely commented at the people passing us.

"Well I'm guessing since Aron started school... they were like this when we started school..." Ren explained. My mom stared at me, giving me a stern look that didn't look too pleased.

"And you never told me? Aron..." My mom gave me a hurt look. "Talk to me..." She pleaded. It was embarrassing enough to be out where everyone could see me, but now that my mom was making a scene it was even more embarrassing.

"Mom...can we not do this here?" I whispered to her. She shook her head. "I just didn't want to hurt you... you seemed so happy at your job... and being back here... I didn't want to bring down the happy mood, ok?" I insisted.

"Aron...if you didn't like you it, you should have told me... maybe I should transfer you to a different school..."

"NO! Mom... I don't care about those kids picking on me...they have no life anyway... and plus I have all the friends I need right here..." I pointed to Ren, Baekho, Minhyun and JR. My mom gave me a disbelieving look.

"My ignorance may have been the thing that triggered that attack on you," My mom began but I cut her off.

"Mom that isn't it. I don't need protected... I need to fight through this... trust me," I fought back against my mom. She seemed hesitant at first but finally agreed to let it go and we continued walking. We got food from a side stand in silence practically and began walking home, not wanting to be out with the high school kids any longer. I couldn't explain in words how afraid I still felt when I saw anyone from high school. Knowing that the person who attacked me was still out there but whenever I try to think of that terrible night, I got terrible headaches and my body begins to shake. Its something I don't want to remember at all.

After we arrived back at my house, my mom told me, Ren, JR, and Baekho and Minhyun to go out and have fun before dinner. We quickly went out in the street, deciding to play a quick game of soccer.

"You're bad! Just one glance and I can tell," Minhyun began singing as we ran the ball across the street. "You're wrong, you stand out so easily...I think I told you never to stand out... ," Minhyun pointed a finger at me. It was my turn to come up with something to add to the song, but since the first time at the garage doing these sorts of things have become increasingly easier for me.

"Why am I bad? Is it because I'm better than you? Because I'm different, Because I'm not the same? I think I told you not to point fingers at me," I sang before pointing a finger at Ren.

"Very good Aron," Baekho winked at me, as he took charge of the soccer ball.

"It’s no fun, why are you doing this like a bird trapped in a cage? Oh don’t trap yourself inside, hurry and get up," Baekho was able to keep the ball throughout his entire part of the song, but was taken away right after by JR.

"Ready, incredible Action! Ready, amazing Action! Oh there’s no need to care about others, you are shining Ready, incredible Showtime! Ready, your own showtime! Show who you are so the world can be amazed," JR practically rapped his part, which was pretty amazing actually. The way he came up with words was incredible. JR tried shooting the ball at our imaginary goal posts, which ended up going down a dark alley.

"That was nice JR... that should totally be the chorus," Ren smiled at JR.

"I'll get it," I seemed to be the only one worried about the ball so I ran after it, entering the dark alley slowly. I looked for the ball but I couldn't find it, and when I looked up next I found someone totally unexpected in front of me.

"Aron..." Nam Woohyun, my high school nemesis was right in front of me, holding my soccer ball. I wanted to back away, to run away from him, but his soft gaze caught me. When I finally gained composure I tried to step back, but slipped in a muddy puddle, sending me to the ground. In the next moment, Woohyun grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. "Are you always this clumsy?" He questioned, staring at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not making small talk with him.

"I-I... wanted to talk to you..." He said slowly, and unsurely as he kept his gaze anywhere but on me.

"About what?" I put my hand on my waist, waiting for this conversation to be over.

"Well...It's more like I had something to tell you..." He said confidently, looking me directly in the eyes this time. I perked up a little bit, interested slightly in what the great Nam Woohyun had to say to me. "I-I...umm... I like you... Aron... I like you a lot..." He said even more slowly than before. I stared at him blankly, purely believing that he was pulling a joke on me.

"Yeah.... Ok...." I grabbed my soccer ball and ran back into the street where JR and the others were waiting. I was greatful to be away from that guy...

mysterious stranger person...is Nam Woohyun... Weird huh?

-LHY